It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Sure If Lucid Dream Or Astral Projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I just had an interesting experience, and I'm not really sure how to classify it...I'm a very experienced lucid dreamer, and it did not seem like that, but I'm not so sure Astral Projection would be right either. It is possible that there is a whole range of possibilities, but we only have these two labels. Idk.

Anyways, I laid down to take a nap. All the sudden the phone rang, and I went to answer it but it was so hard to move, then I answered in a half-sleeping voice, cuz it was really hard to talk. I then started to think, and I was like wait, I wouldn't just answer the phone like that. I started to think I may have imagined it. I then started to kind of hear voices. Then I began to see my room. It became so vivid and realistic I began to wonder if I could move through my vision. I tried and was able to, and yet it was very difficult, as if I had a rope attached to my bed where I was laying. After a bit of motion I got 'yanked' back to where I was laying.

I started to feel a very intense energy while laying on my bed, while thinking I probably had just been in a dream. I cycled the energy through my body, using my breath. During the process of feeling and cycling this energy, there were a couple more times that I saw my room, and tried to move, but was quickly yanked back to my bed. I'm not sure what made me think of this, but I got an idea where I would 'look' at something on my celing, and simply shift my awareness around it, as if I was spinning with my awareness. I was able to do it, and it just seemed to me like it would help me leave my body. While I was doing this, I continued cycling the energy, and through this moving of my awareness and cycling of the energy it eventually got so overwhelmingly intense and I tried to use it to throw myself out of my body and I did.

So I was 'standing' in my room, but it wasn't really like I had a body. It seems like I was mostly moving with my mind, or something, but I don't particularly recall having a body. That's the first thing that makes it different from lucid dreaming. There was a feel to it that was completely different from lucid dreaming, and again I am very experienced with that, but most of that is difficult to communicate in words. I thought I was dreaming at this point, so I went to jump through my wall to go outside, as this is what I always do in my dreams. Again, I do this EVERY TIME I lucid dream. When I tried, however, everything just went black when I went into the wall. It was as if it was a stretchy fabric, and I could push it outwards, but I couldn't actually go through. I got frustrated, and started to think I was going to have to stay in my room, for some reason. Then I realized I could just try to 'walk' out normally. My room door was slightly open, and I pushed through it, then the other doors to the outside were both slightly open, and I did the same.

I was now outside. Everything looked realistic, except incredibly bright and vivid. I started moving around, and I began to feel this ecstatic joy. After moving a bit though, the thought occurred to me that I may be Astral Projecting. This would imply a certain 'reality' beyond that of lucid dreaming, and I began to get a bit nervous. Looking back, idk why I felt that way, but it was just what went through my mind at the time. I then thought that I sort of felt like I was still laying in my bed, and wondered if it were possible to consciously go back in my body and get up. So I tried, and I instantly was in my body and got up. A perfectly smooth transition. This is another thing that lends itself to being more than a lucid dream, cuz how could I just decide to wake up if I was dreaming?

Anyways, I'm not sure what to make of it...it didn't seem like lucid dreaming, but I'm not sure about Astral Projection, though come to think about it I'm not entirely sure what Astral Projection actually entails. It was very interesting, and just wanted to share, and see what you guys thought

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I believe it is Astral Projection. Congratulations
. I personally have yet to venture even past my bed before I get yanked back and woken up, but your experience is similar to the many times I have tried to project, but it doesn't ever work too well.

Lucid dreaming can get pretty epic as well

edit on 28-6-2012 by KeepYourAnonymity because: typo

edit on 28-6-2012 by KeepYourAnonymity because: lolcats.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
goddamn it's hard to write short threads...everything ends up being 'too long,' but that's the only way things can be adequately explained...even in this thread, I just provided the essentials of the experience. It's intimately related to theories about realms of existence that are accessible through the mind, existence of the subconscious and its possible interconnectedness with others, etc. Yet it's already too long, and that's just describing the experience...lol. I think I don't notice the lengths of things as much as others because I can read very fast, so when people say things I write are 'long' it doesn't make sense to me cuz I can read through it so fast.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeepYourAnonymity
I believe it is Astral Projection. Congratulations
. I personally have yet to venture even past my bed before I get yanked back and woken up, but your experience is similar to the many times I have tried to project, but it doesn't ever work too well.

Lucid dreaming can get pretty epic as well

edit on 28-6-2012 by KeepYourAnonymity because: typo

edit on 28-6-2012 by KeepYourAnonymity because: lolcats.

Hm thank you!
Lucid Dreaming certainly can get epic. I personally believe that dreams ARE more than what we think of them, and in fact can take on an even greater reality than normal, where it is like its own realm of existence, perfectly 'real.' I've already sort of stopped any thoughts of absolute distinction between 'dreams' and 'reality,' because of experiences I have had that just don't lend themselves to that sort of thinking. Now I may have Astral Projected, so that's a whole new thing to add to the mix. I'm not sure there are absolute distinctions between any of them, and there is probably a whole range of possibilities, and with training we can learn to explore the infinite possible realms of consciousness.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Dude, you said it yourself - It was not a lucid dream.

Astral projection is notably different in 'energetics' to lucid dreaming. From my own experience, lucid dreaming is more an activity of consciousness. Astral projection is an energy body activity, so is far more profound in nature - ie feeling the body paralysis or noting an energetic connection between the etheric body and the physical body - like you explained in your story.

If you haven't read it yet - get 'Astral Dymanics' by Robert Bruce. He does a really good job in explaining (and teaching you) the difference between lucid dreaming, normal dreaming and astral projection. His experience and personal accounts are very comprehensive. A great book for the novice or seasoned traveller.

Peace Out

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Very interesting that you guys seem to think it was, indeed, Astral Projection. It also makes me think back to previous experiences I have had, and wonder about them. I have naturally lucid dreamed on a regular basis throughout my life. This has correlated to a decent amount of sleep paralysis. I also learned in the past how to consciously enter into lucid dreams, and during that and sleep paralysis I would often notice this incredibly intense feeling of energy, that I had associated with dreaming but it's being connected to Astral Projection makes sense.

I have also had quite a few experiences of 'dreaming,' or what I assumed to be, where I would be in my room and just feel this incredibly sluggishness and difficulty moving. Like it took all of my energy to move at all. Often when this would happen, it would be in some sort of a strange phase where I was seemingly switching back and forth between this 'dream' and 'real life.' I now wonder if this had any relationship to Astral Projection.

I actually read a bit of that book a while back, and tried some of the exercises, but never put it to serious use in making an effort in Astral Projection. If he discusses the distinction between regular dreaming, lucid dreaming, and astral projection, that would be fascinating, because I have had many dreaming experiences that simply do not fit into the standard model of what dreams are, and now it is even more chaotic if astral projection is being thrown into the mix. Thanks for the reminder of the book

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Yep, that is Astral Projection.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

the closest I got to astral projection was sleep paralysis,felt an overpower sense of energy in my stomach as if my stomach will burst with no pain but the sensation was overpowering none the less ,I used to be afraid when it happened expecting to see an entity that might be paralysing me but now I just observe and watch my room ,the ceiling the bed covers while it's happening,can't seem to get out of my body

top topics

join