It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House holds Holder in contempt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

This will go away -- there is no crime being investigated.

Issa is a corrupt political hack. If you investigated this guy, you'd find far more dirt than a failed ATF gun-walking operation.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Our government is best at creating documents. And I would expect that the 7000 documents were as much fluff as possible, creating a snow storm to delay the investigation as much as possible.

When they said, "Wait a minute, there is some stuff that your documents don't cover, we need the rest", Obama stepped in front and said, "Uh-uh. Executive privilege".

They are only fishing where the fish seem to be jumping out of the water. Seems like a good expedition to me. This is what is called "checks and balances", and it is about time we see some of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Our government is best at creating documents. And I would expect that the 7000 documents were as much fluff as possible, creating a snow storm to delay the investigation as much as possible.

When they said, "Wait a minute, there is some stuff that your documents don't cover, we need the rest", Obama stepped in front and said, "Uh-uh. Executive privilege".

They are only fishing where the fish seem to be jumping out of the water. Seems like a good expedition to me. This is what is called "checks and balances", and it is about time we see some of it.

Sure, a lot of the documents could have been fluff.

I think we'll see where this goes. I'm not a fan of Executive Privilege -- but the Issa driven tempest was going after internal communications of Obama's. It makes sense that he would clamp down after so many times for the Republicans going to the well.

The Republicans have to find some law that was broken, some crime committed, or they I suppose they can just continue to stamp their feet about the DOJ not investigating things that have not been charged.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Well, i think that they have found clear reason of concern with the gunwalking nightmare that has already been admitted to exist. Now it is about finding out who is the negligent idiot that green lighted the program, and how high up the "silence is consent" methodology actually went. You would think that conducting operations on foreign soil in a presumably peaceful nation would not only require some kind of congressional oversight, but would also be a DoD task, not a DoJ task.

There is obviously reason to at least find out what happened. That has not happened yet, and it appears that some stonewalling has occured as well. I am not a Republicrat by any means. So my view points are not political in any way.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join