It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP dumbing down citizens on purpose

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well I must admit... the Texas Democratic 2012 platform sounds better and much more ambitious compared to the Texas GOP 2012 platform

The GOP is just old school and wants to keep everything the way it is. Like they want to live like the The Village by M. Night Shyamalan. Ultimately for their own protection? I don't know...

I have no party affiliation, just thought I'd breeze through both platforms, since I live in Texas.

2012 Republican Party of Texas platform

2012 Texas Democratic Party platform

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonXGrim
reply to post by MrXYZ

Between the text book issue in Texas your post and any number of other issues relating to education i think its fair to say this is not just a left right issue but rather a national issue of the progressives in our government on both side of the aisles attempting to dumb down the American public.

I don't think "progressives" means what you think it means. Anyone trying to keep students from acquiring critical thinking skills is a regressive. They're afraid the kids will learn something that will make the parents out to be the neanderthals they obviously are, which in Texas is a great reason to get the gun and the belt out and proceed to 'discipline' the kid accordingly. These kind of parents are running scared. Scared of their children realizing religion is for suckers and so is Republicanism.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

There was actually a thread posted about this a few days ago with a linked article. For whatever reason I can't seem to find it now. It's exactly what it sounds like though. The Texas GOP is pushing for a teaching style that doesn't offend the beliefs of the students' parents.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

There was actually a thread posted about this a few days ago with a linked article. For whatever reason I can't seem to find it now. It's exactly what it sounds like though. The Texas GOP is pushing for a teaching style that doesn't offend the beliefs of the students' parents.

Great strategy! As we all know, those who don't adapt survive...wait...do they?

I mean, even if dumbing down your citizens to the point where they believe everything you tell them is your true goal...you DON'T SAY IT SO OPENLY!! I'm not sure if I should be angry or just laugh, because even if that's their goal, them saying it is hilariously stupid.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well we can look at it two ways. The Republican party who has yet to evolve into something useful, or the Democratic party who promised the world change, transparency, the world. In my view both side has suckers.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well we can look at it two ways. The Republican party who has yet to evolve into something useful, or the Democratic party who promised the world change, transparency, the world. In my view both side has suckers.

Well...that's true.

Still can't believe that either of them would come out so openly and proclaim "we want out citizens stay dumb and ignorant" though

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Both sides want us dumb and ignorant. I dislike both.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Look at it like this. Both sides act like school yard children when things don't go their way. They walk out, cry and whine about outcomes, and refuse to push useful legislation simply because the other side wants it. It's ridiculous. Once we stop having people who agree with everything their party does, and vote to prove it, this bs would end.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It looks like the plan to dumb down citizens worked. Gotta watch to the end to hear how the Obama supporters all approved of Obama's pick of Sarah Palin for VP.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

L
L
not surprising at all
isn't the texan oligarchy, among others talking about seceding

"boo-hoo i wanna live in dixie, with a plantationfull of my own slaves,
but that Fing constitucion won't let me! "

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Texas GOP opposes teaching critical thinking skills, says creationism is science, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's not limited to Republicans or the media.

It's American politics in general that are dumbing down Americans.

When more people support banning abortion, gay marriage and limiting the freedom of others over affordable healthcare, then you know a nation is doomed. We know that Obamacare isn't perfect but if the right-leaning Supreme court finds it constitutional, where do we go from there? I'm of the mindset that a revolt would be exactly what those who control the strings desire.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join