It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Hungry Anymore

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I can't stop thinking about this now that I see how many people are experiencing almost the exact same........whatever it is.

Just think the people here are a very small percentage of the population. Plus almost everybody who commented said they knew of at least one other person experiencing it. That makes me think a lot of people are on some weird involuntary diet.

So again I ask wtf!

I have a theory....

We are constantly being told by the government and the media how very fat we all are. Maybe subconsciously we're all changing our eating habits. Or I also thought they are using some type of subliminal message telling us all to go on a diet.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Well there is always change in the world, the good just doesn't announce itself like the bad does. It just kind of happens out of no where and that is why the bad can never predict or overcome it. "Good" and "Bad" aren't even adequate words for this, I don't think we have the right words for it.

With every action there is an equal and opposite reaction I guess. Sorry if that doesn't seem to relate much to anyone's appetite, but duality is something I have an interest in.

Just as getready was hinting at earlier in the thread, our appetites for food are related to our appetite for anything so it ties into spirituality by our need to consume things. These things are connected together so as one increases/decreases the others follow suit. We are creatures born with the need to consume so we must do that, the way I see it we are charged with responsibility because of that fact.

Too much consumption without regard for what you are destroying will bring a world that longs for righteousness and visa versa, too much righteousness will eventually bring about corruption and despair. Evil is a breeding ground for good and good is a breeding ground for evil.

Strange isn't it, the way appetite always seems to connect with spirituality. I don't fast or modify my eating habits based on any religion, nor do I have one, but you don't have to be religious to notice strange things about reality and life. Actually, most prominent religions probably hinder this somewhat but that's only my opinion.

It's a pretty sound philosophy once you start to examine things in this manner, but I digress... I'm getting off topic and new agey.
edit on 30-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I think you are absolutely "on subject" maybe this whole "gluttony" of consuming is something we are "spirtually" trying to reject. I'm not over weight, so for me not a wanting or being "brainwashed" to diet...it's much deeper....

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'm gonna just add my thoughts to the archive here, experiencing the same thing since half a year ago or so. I live in Amsterdam so I'm familiar with the munchies but even those are not enough. Meals with meat just smell and taste too much like 'animal', I simply cannot stomach it. When I cook now I end up drowning the food in spices other crap just to pretend I like it. It doesn't even look like food, it looks like a #ing (sorry) piece of plastic decoration. Fast food is way out of the question.

'Eating to live' describes the situation perfectly, I lie to people constantly because I don't want them to think I'm anorexic or something. I saw the GP and I'm perfectly healthy except for my back giving up on me out of the blue 3 months ago.

(p.s. my mother and sister are experiencing the same thing, my dad wouldn't admit that he doesnt eat at work but I've seen him play around with his food at dinners)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It's kind of funny how my appetite has gone down as well. I mean, I've always liked to eat (which also showed up on me, sadly
) but nowadays I don't get hungry that fast, nor do I digest the consumed food too quickly.

Lately, I've found that the food doesn't taste the same as before, it's as if they'd lack "something" from them, maybe a sort of "substance" or actual "contents". E.g. the meat doesn't feel as tasty as before and most of the breads are like cardboard
(okay, that can be blamed on being cheap on the production but I mean the better kinds too).

Since I also quit eating dairy products (I got sensitive to it, out of the blue) I constantly get questioned about my weight, that "oh no, you'll be too skinny if you continue doing this" or "why are you on a diet?!" but actually, I'm not. It's just I don't need to eat as much as before. And I still eat chocolate so I won't turn into a skeleton, as my family likes to believe

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I love to eat

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I've been experiencing this same thing every now and then. I think the reason why I can sometimes go without food for quite a while at a time is because I don't like the taste of much of the foods that I buy any more at the store. I look at the fruit in the stores and I squeeze it, and its hard as rock.

A peach in the store is like picking up a stone, they're hard like a rock . Cold storage foods at the store are usually shrivelled up looking; not appetizing to look at. Fortunately, I started buying fruit trees at the other stores a year ago, and now I can go home to my small orchard and pick beautiful peaches and plums that melt in your mouth. I never realized how good they taste fresh out of the orchard. The peaches are absolutely beautiful looking and the taste is out of this world. The plums are awesome, with a protective wax like coating, that when you give the plums a gentle rub on your shirt to polish the wax, the shine is blazing, and then the plum just melts in your mouth.

I can hardly wait till next year, because I planted a lot of grape vines this year, and hopefully I'll start getting grapes next year. I ate some grapes straight off of the vines over at a friends place a couple of years ago, and the taste was indescribably wonderful. So.. now I planted some grapes. I planted lots of apple trees last year too, but they take longer to bear fruit, I can't wait to taste them when they start producing.

Actually some of the apple trees did bear fruit this year, but the deer got them before I did; they actually ate them when they were still bite size and green. Hopefully next year there will be enough for the deer and me.

Strangely enough, the first thing the deer ate in the orchard was all of the Bartlett pears when they were bite size. One day there were tons of pears on those 6 foot tall trees, and the next day there were only four pears left with two of them still containing bites on the sides and lots of hoof prints below the trees.
edit on 1-7-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I thought I would throw my experiences in here too, since people have started to notice this in themselves too.

For the past few years, my food sensitivities (not allergies, and I had treatment for them) have started returning, to the point now that there is very little I can eat without suffering pretty unpleasant consequences. Some of you may already know that I have a wheat sensitivity that has blossomed into full-blown celiac disease. Add to this sensitivities to citric acid (look up foods that do not contain citric acid - it's a shorter list), eggs, soy, and peanuts. Add to that rice and potatoes. I can only eat a small amount of those before I start feeling really unwell.

So I eat a lot of cabbage. Fresh, green cabbage with a nice homemade buttermilk dressing and some sunflower seeds. That's all I've had the whole spring and summer so far. One salad per day, when I remember to eat that is. Food is unappealing. But not a gram has shifted. I'm active and not overweight but I haven't lost a single gram of weight eating like this. I have a couple of cups of cafe creme per day and probably a good liter of water per day.

I used to be a pastry chef. I know food. I went to culinary school in France.

Something else I could mention is that I was told, in meditation many years ago, that we don't need food. We are told we do but food is medicine for us. What happens when you eat unnecessarily is that you're over-medicating. People don't want to hear this so they blame their obesity on anything else in the world.

Maybe those of us who know this on some other level are responding to it even though it's not a conscious thing yet.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
My better half has been having the same issues with just not feeling hungry and only eating
maybe a half a meal a day...we bought a juicer a few months ago and the past 2 weeks ive
just been juicing fruits and veggies for instant nutrients and it seems to be about the only
thing she craves now. Maybe our bodies are starting to realize most foods are garbage and
when we find something healthy it then craves it? Its all very odd to me as ive talked to a few
people who are experiencing the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join