It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Hungry Anymore

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

this is so very strange,

i thought it was just me. im fat i eat. alot

this has happened to me in the past month

i find myself often eating 1 meal at work now one of those healthy green box dinners the wife gets. and not only do i eat it i have no interest in more after i am done and possibly nothing else the rest of the day and no dinner after work... sure its not like that every single day some times ill have a burger after work. but its becoming more and more the case. i find it really strange because of this one reason.

in the past i would eat and still be hungry, im serious my tummy is full but i have a starving pain in the belly and would continue to eat till it hurt and make me sick. also i am a diabetic so go figure...

i find it very very curious that this is happening to other people besides me... im eating so much less im losing weight naturally. i simply dont understand it. i have been hungry my whole life. its like something inside of me has changed. i start to truely wonder if there is truth in this 2012 your dna will change stuff...

there is definately a change in me.im allso finding that i just dont crave and enjoy all of the meats i used to eat...

a quarter pounder used to be my fav and now i just dont enjoy it the same... i feel like i just ate a bunch of greasy animal parts.... welll duh thats what it is... im really starting to crave a vegetarian diet....

i guess it could be worse i could be craving the zombie diet i guess.....

lol

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Count me in as another person with a messed up metabolism. I was running out of ideas to lose weight (the usual low carbs+fat+sugar diet, exercise as much as possible, proper sleep + lots of water routine for some reason doesn't work for me anymore). Out of desperation I tried fasting, hoping it'd force my body to start using fat instead of storing it... on day 5 I had to start eating again because I started to feel a little light headed. The entire time I had zero stomach pains and no hint of hunger or desire for food.. the only reason I started eating again is because on day 5 I started to feel light headed and figured it was due to malnourishment...didn't lose a single kg either that week :/

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Last night, I was cooking a chicken bacon cheddar melt sandwich and I thought about the exact same thing. I love those things, and almost had to talk myself into eating it...

I've actually been noticing this for a while now. It's as if I need to force myself to eat, just to survive. Yet, I'm as energetic as can be, I'm constantly working, educating myself, and being social... I've been working out a lot... and none of this has built up an apatite.

There's something to this I swear...

edit on 29-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: a

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have been feelin like this lately aswell thought it was just me since having a major heart attack back in 07 and i only have 30% of my injection fraction left pretty much less than half my hrt works. I have changed my eating habits but lately its weird. I was a small eater when i was young but very active i am 150lbs and have been the same weight since i was 15 but in my teenage yrs i ate like a pig and would never gain weight . I am just curious if it has something to do with our ages me i am 45 maybe it does maybe nothing but its a thought. PEACE

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
reply to post by getreadyalready

So did you think that comment was productive or something?

There is nothing 'metaphysical' about appetite problems.

Well, obviously it was not productive, because you still don't get it.

There are a TON of things metaphysical about appetite problems. Ancient Heroes were known to be "consumers" of all things, food, wine, women, etc. They were as much of a burden on the community as they were a savior. They were a necessary evil that was often despised and idolized simultaneously. Their "appetite" is what set them apart from regular men.

Pretty much every religion has fasting periods, because during a fast one's meditation is more focused and we become closer to God.

In a lot of mythology from around the world, mankind was not always required to eat. Eating was a pleasure or an indulgence, but not a necessity. It only became a necessity after men tricked the Gods in one way or another, and the Gods ended up making us eat as a necessity.

As someone already mentioned, we are nearing the Age of Aquarius, and many people think mankind is nearing another jump in evolution, or a spiritual ascension. It is very possible our appetites would be affected by such a thing.

So, now you have a lot more to ponder, because this is only the very, very tip of the iceberg in how our appetites and eating habits are tied to our spirituality. If you are truly interested, then dig deeper on your own, if you are not truly interested, then what are you doing in this thread? Did you think your original comment was productive?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm glad people picked up on the metaphysical aspects so quickly (before it got moved to another forum). If you and your doctor agree, as I think you stated in one of your posts, that you are healthy, then I would tend to lean toward this being spiritually connected.
I've had some vague changes like this these past few months, but nothing as dramatic as what others have stated. My most dramatic experience isn't food related, but I wouldn't be surprised if the experience was 'feeding' me in some way. Like someone said, we are all experiencing this shift in different ways.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I am experiencing the same, but that is because the quality of the food here in Norway really sucks due to monopoly and insane taxes on import food.
Oddly enough i had none of this problem when I was on vacation in Spain this year.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Apart from the odd days where I need to be EXTREMELY active in the morning and feel like I need breakfast, I never eat until around 8pm, where I'll usually have an amount similar to a sandwich, a yogurt, usually 2-3 fruit, a chocolate bar, and a pack of crisps, and that's been my average daily food intake over the past 2 years or so.

I also take vitamin and mineral supplements (for about 3-4 years now so they're comprehensive as I've researched what different vits and mins appear to do)

...oh and I drink solar distilled water which is then filtered and magnetized/structured, about 1.5-2L per day

...never drink soft drinks, use fluoride free toothpaste, buy mainly organic (where possible) and grow some of my own food anyway.

I didn't really think of it as not being hungry before, but that's exactly what it is really, even in the evening when I eat it's just to eat, I don't usually feel hungry... or thirsty... hmm...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is an off again on again sort of thing for me. I currently just got out of one of those streaks. I am a person that would eat just about anything that is sat in front of me. Although, during this last stretch of not wanting to eat I found that I was wanting fruits more than normal and fruit is what I ate, I tore a few cantaloupes up. As another poster mentioned, my sleep has changed, I also have been waking up at 3:30-4:00 o'clock in the morning, sometimes waking up soaking wet from sweat.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I often find that alterations in my appetite coincide with periods of spiritual growth, development and turmoil!

People fast for spiritual stimulation so I don't see why it can't work in some way the other way round! I myself have been working out a lot recently so I've been eating like a beast

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I'm not trying to sound obnoxious but did anyone stop to think about whats the one thing yal have in common? wait for it wait for it its ATS
lol well i don't mean its actually ats but I mean most people here believe in conspiracy theories and that can usually make you paranoid an especially since most of us know how harmful and unhealthy most of the food is around us we tend not to eat..but for me i'm always hungry like a wolf lol but I can definitely relate to how your feeling but for me either I eat healthy or I starve...except for that new papa johns parmasean chicken pizza I had last night :3 mmmmm
edit on 29-6-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: spelled chicken wrong LOLOLOLOL

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Not me. I just had a 12 inch sub from Subway, "the Bull" with the horseradish mayo, and a bag of chips, 4 chocolate chip cookies, 2 large Dr. Peppers, and I'm starting to get hungry again.

That's the problem though! I'm absolutely positively and completely convinced 100% TPTB are 'doing something' in order to make sure we all lose our 'craving' for home meals thus making sure our collective saliva will flow only for the Monsanto PLUS processed fast food foodies, etc.

Really. There's something in the 'wind' (or food and water) causing 'good stuff' (home cooked meals) to lose their appeal! And I bet there's something to my dingy theory too!

Thus endeth the partial but not complete sarcasm because I do think there's something to what the OP is saying - though I find in general people don't eat as much during the Spring and Summer (hot weather and more outdoor activity) - but that would indicate I'm presuming the OP is from the States or the USA and not Australia where it's now colder and I don't want to get caught doing presuming!

peace

edit on 29-6-2012 by silo13 because: eeek spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
See a doctor.

And why did you even post this in this forum?
edit on 6-28-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

So a doctor can give you a pill and in 10 years you will start to see commercials how if you took this drug you could be compensated for damages.

Thanks but no thanks.

I always wonder what depressed people did before Prozac ans Zoloft were discovered.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I've gotta say I've been experiencing the same thing, especially at work. I just transferred to a different area in my warehouse where I actually do more physically-demanding work than my previous job. I transferred to make more money. But now at breaks and lunch time I eat less than I was eating during my previous job function even though I work harder. I don't understand it in the least bit.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
accident, disregard this
edit on 6/29/2012 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree 100%. MSG, and caffeine, and expertly devised commercials, there is no doubt that we are being manipulated to only like certain types of corporate food. I used to sell radio advertising, and we would intentionally market to nostalgia, and emotions, and scent is far more useful than sight or sound. These big corporate restaurants and food manufacturers know how to make sure you crave their food and nothing else satisfies; I'm 100% certain of that. If you eat it once, and catch some of their marketing, you will crave it over and over again and nothing else will satisfy.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Eat to live has been a recent motive for me; I'm 20 and involuntarily eat healthy, and small portioned meals. It feels right for my well being to nourish the body in moderation.
By the way, there were moments when I fasted the majority of the day, but drank water and still felt very energetic. Our bodies are architecturely divine, but most do not treat their bodies like a temple...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's almost as if I created this thread myself. My girlfriend and I have been going through this for months. We are either not hungry or nothing sounds good to us. We'll start eating then halfway through say that's enough and we're done. More and more we are having a hard time deciding on what to eat for dinner because nothing sounds appealing. S&F for posting this thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
It's called AIDS. You dirty hippies.

ALWAYS WEAR A TROJAN!

lolol that caught my funny bone. Thanks! After reading all about doom and gloom it's a nice break to laugh. Thanks for the laughs.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I find it much more difficult to perform my daily tantrik sadhana when my stomach is full. It's the reason why i eat a lot less than before. My brother eats even less than me. I once said to him: "Why don't you try to nourish yourself uniquely with prana?". He smiled... but something within tells me that such a feat is possible.

edit on 29-6-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join