It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Hungry Anymore

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Anyone else?

I have found over the last several months that I could just go without eating. Nothing sounds good, even if I have the option to pick my favorite things. I am just like...meh. I eat, but only because I want to live and not starve to death.

My husband, who is a big guy has recently started experiencing the same thing. I cook his favorites and he eats just enough and is done. He was a big over eater and would eat anything. Now there are days where he will just go to bed without anything.

So this started making me really wonder. I am small and have always eaten to live... not lived to eat. I had favorites like bacon or steak that I could just really eat and eat and now I can just leave it sitting.

I went to the grocery store with my mother and she starts in on the fact that both her and my dad are having problems finding food they want to eat as well. They don't have an appetite for anything now either.

So I started asking others. A few in his family seem to be experiencing this as well. Not everybody I ask feels this way, but it does seem to be right many that do.

It is summer...we are in a heat wave. Nobody likes to eat when it's 110 outside. However I started with this months ago, and the others I spoke to say that it isn't heat related.

I am really curious if anyone here is feeling this way. What your ideas are that are causing it, and maybe an idea on fixing it?? Do you think it is the additives in the food? The "pink slime"? Something else? I really have no clue and kind of miss really enjoying a nice steak.

To Mods...I wasn't sure where to put this. If you feel it needs to go in another forum, please move it. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
my roommate and i have both been going through this for months. we can run on about half as much food as normal. almost have to force ourselves to eat somedays.

i just fingered it was from radiation??? (joking???)

but seriously...totally losing our appetites for almost everything.
edit on 6/28/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Exactly the same here.

We were putting it down to becoming more fussy about the quality of the food we eat... We're becoming increasingly paranoid about the food we purchase and are finding that we don't fancy any of the food in the usual supermarkets....

But maybe there's more to it, I am interested in how this thread pans out

edit on 28-6-2012 by paradisepurple because: Sp.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
my roommate and i have both been going through this for months. we can run on about half as much food as normal. almost have to force ourselves to eat somedays.

i just fingered it was from radiation??? (joking???)

but seriously...totally losing our appetites for almost everything.
edit on 6/28/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

Thanks for replying! I stay at home with my daughter so the only contact I generally have is extended family and that is why I asked here. It is good to know it isn't just my family. Hopefully someone will come along with some ideas!

I suppose with the price of food going sky high, we shouldn't complain...but it is strange.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Not me. I just had a 12 inch sub from Subway, "the Bull" with the horseradish mayo, and a bag of chips, 4 chocolate chip cookies, 2 large Dr. Peppers, and I'm starting to get hungry again.

Of course, I did feel groggy and lethargic all afternoon, and I always feel that way after a big meal, especially a meal containing so many carbs and sugars. Probably wasn't a good idea to eat all of that now that I think about it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple
Exactly the same here.

We were putting it down to becoming more fussy about the quality of the food we eat... We're becoming increasingly paranoid about the food we purchase and are finding that we don't fancy any of the food in the usual supermarkets....

I agree. I look at food at the store and think, "Fake. Fake. Bad for me. Fake. Garbage. Fake. Fake. Processed. Empty calories. Fake. Fake."

Still gotta eat something though. I just drop that paranoia and chow down eventually. Can't be afraid!
edit on 28/6/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple
Exactly the same here.

That could be a possibility. I noticed my 14 year old daughter has become more picky with her food over all, but I just chalked it up to becoming older, more aware, friend influence, etc. She eats the same amounts, but will pick through her meat looking for God knows what.

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Not me. I just had a 12 inch sub from Subway, "the Bull" with the horseradish mayo, and a bag of chips, 4 chocolate chip cookies, 2 large Dr. Peppers, and I'm starting to get hungry again.

Of course, I did feel groggy and lethargic all afternoon, and I always feel that way after a big meal, especially a meal containing so many carbs and sugars. Probably wasn't a good idea to eat all of that now that I think about it.

That is how my husband used to eat!!!
Bloomberg is not happy with your choice in soda...

I wish I could do that! I do miss really enjoying my meal. Seriously! I need a remedy by Thanksgiving for sure. ;D

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
you know what i was thinking about thsi about a few months ago i believe. around teh last year or soo seems liek i havnt been hungry at all :/ weird isnt it

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i wish i didnt feel like eating

might lose weight

i love my food (chocolate) too much though

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
See a doctor.

And why did you even post this in this forum?
edit on 6-28-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I experienced something like that a couple years ago. At the height of the experience it felt as if I was eating planets while I was eating simple berries. I felt like the particles in my mouth after crunching them were larger than normal, as if the size of the atoms that make them up had somehow increased. I gained sustenance from very little. I stopped eating almost completely for a week save for a slice of bread here and there. Then after evaluating the reason for eating I decided to eat again because I enjoyed tasting certain foods, rather than eating merely for survival. The experience tapered off eventually and things went back to normal. Now I can eat more again.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
See a doctor.

And why did you even post this in this forum?
edit on 6-28-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

Really?

Use your imagination a little, stretch your paradigm. What are all the 100s of possible reasons people on ATS might come up with for a recent loss of appetite, and why might they post it in the metaphysics forum. Get back to us after you've pondered on that a bit.

I could type all the pertinent reasons I could think of, but then the character limit would probably run out and your imagination wouldn't get any exercise.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

IT's impossible for anyone outside yourself to tell for sure, but if you feel well otherwise, I would say, embrace it and stop thinking about it. It has been known for years and years now that the average European (and American) eats approximately three times more than it's necessary. And this was figured out waaaay before the current obesity wave!

A change in attitude towards food is a also a very common consequence of meditation or other self-work. It "resets" the feeding settings, so to speak.

And don't worry too much about nutrients, provided you have a healthy diet. I fast at least once a year, not eating anything, only drinking water, for ten days or longer.
It hasn't hurt me so far, quite the opposite.

It sounds like a very good development.
Good for you.

edit on 28-6-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

IT's impossible for anyone outside yourself to tell for sure, but if you feel well otherwise, I would say, embrace it and stop thinking about it. It has been known for years and years now that the average European (and American) eats approximately three times more than it's necessary. And this was figured out waaaay before the current obesity wave!

A change in attitude towards food is a also a very common consequence of meditation or other self-work. It "resets" the feeding settings, so to speak.

And don't worry too much about nutrients, provided you have a healthy diet. I fast at least once a year, not eating anything, only drinking water, for ten days or longer.
It hasn't hurt me so far, quite the opposite.

It sounds like a very good development.
Good for you.

Thanks.
We are all doing well besides this. Everyone's health checks out, and we feel like normal. You are right about eating too much. Even though I am smaller, I know that food still has an effect internally as far as fat content, cholesterol, etc. I never really worried about it though. Maybe our bodies are telling us it's time to think about it a little harder.

And just wow
at the ten days of fasting. That is something I have always wanted to try but haven't. Maybe with these recent developments it may be more possible! You must have will power of iron!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker
I experienced something like that a couple years ago. At the height of the experience it felt as if I was eating planets while I was eating simple berries. I felt like the particles in my mouth after crunching them were larger than normal, as if the size of the atoms that make them up had somehow increased. I gained sustenance from very little. I stopped eating almost completely for a week save for a slice of bread here and there. Then after evaluating the reason for eating I decided to eat again because I enjoyed tasting certain foods, rather than eating merely for survival. The experience tapered off eventually and things went back to normal. Now I can eat more again.

That is wild! I have never heard of that before. I am glad you were able to get past it though. I can't be sure it's in my mind or not. I don't feel like it is, but I can't say it isn't. Maybe I will try a whole other kind of food I've never had before for a day or so and see if that kick starts something.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Have you considered the possibility that high fructose corn syrup which is everything today stops the body's response to stop eating and this might5 be part of the same issue. If we don't get the blood chemical which stops the hungry feeling then it also might stop the trigger to make us hungry. I have noticed for years and I am addicted to coke and Pepsi....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ive been feeling like that too. Its not that I care if something is organic or healthy, its just that I dont find it interesting anymore. I usually just end up eating lots of fruits and vegetables because chickent, steak, fish, etc just doesnt do it anymore. Maybe my body is just craving healthy food after all. I even tried some alligator jerky for the heck of it and even that got boring after a while. Its good to know that I'm not the only one feeling like that.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Have you considered the possibility that high fructose corn syrup which is everything today stops the body's response to stop eating and this might5 be part of the same issue. If we don't get the blood chemical which stops the hungry feeling then it also might stop the trigger to make us hungry. I have noticed for years and I am addicted to coke and Pepsi....

That is a very real possibility as I am also addicted to Sun-Drop... Food for thought (no pun intended). I know that you can definitely have too much soda and fill up on it, but I do watch my intake to prevent that. I haven't been drinking any more or less of it, but it's still a possibility that I will look into. It would be worth cutting way back to enjoy some good food!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Ive been feeling like that too. Its not that I care if something is organic or healthy, its just that I dont find it interesting anymore. I usually just end up eating lots of fruits and vegetables because chickent, steak, fish, etc just doesnt do it anymore. Maybe my body is just craving healthy food after all. I even tried some alligator jerky for the heck of it and even that got boring after a while. Its good to know that I'm not the only one feeling like that.

That is what I have been eating more of as well. I figured I don't consume the same amount of calories, so I need to make the ones I do take in, count. More folks than I expected are saying they feel the same way. I would love to find a fix for it and some of these ATSer's have given good ideas/reasons...I am going to try. It certainly can't hurt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join