It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melatonin and the Master Gland

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm similar to others.
When I take melatonin.....I too have weird dreams.
My problem is that I also suffer really bad sleep paralysis so I have lots of nightmares.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Sleep paralysis is both a blessing and a curse; it means you are subconsciously astral projecting in your sleep..

I would work on trying to control your dreams and projections..

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by winklepickers1

Melatonin can't possibly be an 'illegal substance'; it's a natural hormone produced within your own body....

The stupidity of some politicians, I'll never understand.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Tell me about it.I would have expected it from Blair or Cameron but I am sorely dissapointed in my adopted country(Ireland)for cosying up to the EU and presumably drug companies.Surely everyone should have the right to use alternative remedies,especially when they work!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have had very vivid dreams since I can remember, many lucid ones and have had sleep paralysis many times also, which has never actually scared me. I have also drank fluoridated water my whole life. I've tried taking melatonin a few times and all it did was keep me awake.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KBadger

Fluoride is a bit of a catch 22... It keeps serotonin levels in your body flowing, but over time, it will burn out the 5HT receptors, and that's when you get in trouble...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A question, sorry if it's already asked or mentioned:

Is it helpful to take additional L-Tryptophan to help activate the pineal gland when decalcified or in the process of? Will it bring the pineal gland in higher activity or will this only help when it's combined with darkness meditation (long time? right after taking the supplement?) to prevent the path of L-Tryptophan-5HTP-Serotonin-Melatonin but instead have the pineal start producing the 'spirit molecule' DiMethylTryptamine before/instead of the serotonin/melatonin phases

Recommend dosage of L-Tryptophan? I read people at 4 gr. a day experience drowsiness because of melatonin production when in the light.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: VeritasAequitas

Thank you for this thread, I have enjoyed the reading and how everything is linked together. S&F

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hey Cool thread.

Quick question..I have pretty solid lucid dreams and was wondering if I could use melatonin to increase frequency and lucidity.

What would you say it the highest dosage in terms of miligrams?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Excellent thread, a lot of useful info here.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: VeritasAequitas

I have been interested in the melatonin/melanoma connection and thought I would post a few studiy links for anyone else who might be interested. The promise melatonin has for treatments of other types of cancer is notalbe as well.

Be aware some drugs cause a decease in melatonin.

Melatonin and Melanoma

The Role of Melatonin in Skin Cancer Treatments

Also, it is interesting to note the effects of coffee

The effects of coffee consumption on sleep and melatonin secretion.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join