It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History repeating, looking back at Poland 1939 and the eve of war

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There is a saying that history repeats itself.

Whilst we cannot predict the timeline of future events, the same tactics employed to start wars in the past are ever present today.

On September 3rd, 1939, Britain declared War on Germany-

Neville Chamberlain announced to the people of Britain-

"I am speaking to you from the Cabinet Room at 10, Downing Street.

This morning the British Ambassador in Berlin handed the German Government a final note stating that unless we heard from them by 11.00 a.m. that they were prepared at once to withdraw their troops from Poland, a state of war would exist between us.

I have to tell you that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is at war with Germany.

You can imagine what a bitter blow it is to me that all my long struggle to win peace has failed. Yet I cannot believe that there is anything more or anything different I could have done and that would have been more successful.

Up to the very last it would have been quite possible to have arranged a peaceful and honourable settlement between Germany and Poland, but Hitler would not have it.

He had evidently made up his mind to attack Poland whatever happened; and although he now says he has put forward reasonable proposals which were rejected by the Poles, that is not a true statement.

The proposals were never shown to the Poles nor to us; and although they were announced in a German broadcast on Thursday night, Hitler did not wait to make comment on them, but ordered his troops to cross the Polish frontier.

His actions show convincingly that there is no chance of expecting that this man will ever give up his practice of using force to gain his will. He can only be stopped by force.

We and France are today, in fulfilment of our obligations, going to the aid of Poland, who is so bravely resisting this wicked and unprovoked attack on her people. We have a clear conscience. We have done all that any country could do to establish peace. The situation in which no word given to Germany’s ruler could be trusted and no people or country could feel themselves safe has become intolerable.

Prior to the German invasion of Poland, Britain had tried to appease Hitler. If we look to the present, countries like China and Russia have appeased the West. The US and her allies went to Iraq, Afghan and then Libya. Russia has stated many times they will not let Syria become another 'Libya'.

How did Hilter and the Nazi's convince the German people to invade Poland?-

en.wikipedia.org...

The Gleiwitz incident was a staged attack by Nazi forces posing as Poles on 31 August 1939, against the German radio station Sender Gleiwitz in Gleiwitz, Upper Silesia, Germany (since 1945: Gliwice, Poland) on the eve of World War II in Europe.

This provocation was the best-known of several actions in Operation Himmler, a series of unconventional operations undertaken by the SS in order to serve specific propaganda goals of Nazi Germany at the outbreak of the war. It was intended to create the appearance of Polish aggression against Germany in order to justify the subsequent invasion of Poland

Staging events to blame another country to justify an invasion?

Is this not what the west has done in Libya- by sending in 'rebel's to create instability and overthrow the regime? Are they not doing this in Syria right now?

The tactics of evil never change, just the names and places.

How long is Russia going to sit back and allow this to continue? Will they allow military intervention in Syria?

You may say why would the world go to war over Syria or Iran, well, why did the world go to war over Poland in 1939?

The names and times change, but the forces of evil at work never do.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If Russia didn't stand against Military Intervention, it would be easy for the Mass populace to conclude the World Works together for World Domination, if Russia is forced to agree to Military Intervention, the Mass populace may believe that the World is divided in Domination,

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The ....realities of...... unconscionable...slaughter of tens of thousands innocent unarmed Syrian men, women and children of the past 14 months...are not staged, despite the whitewashing by HumanSlayer supporters.

If History repeats itself, we can only blame ourselves - the Free World,...for not standing up to the ex KGB agent Putin, a relic of the past, a senile old fool, a throwback of the cannibal Stalin's era, who is still trapped in that cold war mentality, judging by his insane comments of east and west when the world had changed and evolved into shared commonalities to bridge differences, as well as the human butchers CCP of 70+ years.

It is them,. these 2 barbarian group of leaders, whom the world had been appeasing while more and more, and even more fellow humans soon to come are sacrificed on their alters in their insane worshipped of enslavement and destruction of mankind...

What else must the insignificant nobody me, do...to wake up fellow humankind?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Seems like someone bought the BS about Russia being against the US. There's another saying.. All the world's a stage.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Seems like someone bought the BS about Russia being against the US. There's another saying.. All the world's a stage.

Indeed, as i stated, it's the disillusionment of 'Checks and Balance',

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts - William Shakespeare - As You Like It

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Indeed, as i stated, it's the disillusionment of 'Checks and Balance',

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts - William Shakespeare - As You Like It

yeah, but I said it in less words.
Juuust jokin.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
The ....realities of...... unconscionable...slaughter of tens of thousands innocent unarmed Syrian men, women and children of the past 14 months...are not staged, despite the whitewashing by HumanSlayer supporters.

If History repeats itself, we can only blame ourselves - the Free World,...for not standing up to the ex KGB agent Putin, a relic of the past, a senile old fool, a throwback of the cannibal Stalin's era, who is still trapped in that cold war mentality, judging by his insane comments of east and west when the world had changed and evolved into shared commonalities to bridge differences, as well as the human butchers CCP of 70+ years.

It is them,. these 2 barbarian group of leaders, whom the world had been appeasing while more and more, and even more fellow humans soon to come are sacrificed on their alters in their insane worshipped of enslavement and destruction of mankind...

Well, the slaughter is 'staged' in the context that it is foreign trained rebels invading a country and killing people- the similarity in the propaganda is that the west is manipulating what is happening to say Syrian military is killing women and children. At no point am I denying people are being killed, it's just you are completely brainwashed to think Assad is going round shooting innocent women and children, it is BS!

Challenge to you-

-Post me some video evidence of Syrian security or military shooting a protestor or civilian. Also, post some video evidence of this in Libya while you are at it.

I'll bet you won't reply because as much as you search, you can never find 100% verifiable evidence-

Syria is fighting a battle against invading terrorists pushing for regime change. Thousands of innocent people are dying and it is a tradegy, that is where our agreement ends however.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So Russia will continue to appease the West as it takes over country after country?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Regarding staging events as the Nazi's did through Operation Himmler, bear in mind the Turks have put some of their military on the Syrian border.

Don't be suprised in the next few weeks or even days we hear news that Syria has shot at the Turkish military.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
Don't be suprised in the next few weeks or even days we hear news that Syria has shot at the Turkish military.

No they will wait for the time in midst of the Olympics, - then we have "justification" because now we are "interrupted" watching the games ...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well, the slaughter is 'staged' in the context that it is foreign trained rebels invading a country and killing people- the similarity in the propaganda is that the west is manipulating what is happening to say Syrian military is killing women and children. At no point am I denying people are being killed, it's just you are completely brainwashed to think Assad is going round shooting innocent women and children, it is BS!

Challenge to you-

-Post me some video evidence of Syrian security or military shooting a protestor or civilian. Also, post some video evidence of this in Libya while you are at it.

I'll bet you won't reply because as much as you search, you can never find 100% verifiable evidence-

Syria is fighting a battle against invading terrorists pushing for regime change. Thousands of innocent people are dying and it is a tradegy, that is where our agreement ends however.

So the west sent in rebels to start a civil war that they have no interest in getting involved in, that threatens its allies in Jordan, Turkey, and Israel with instability, war spill over, and refugees, that has allowed in radical elements they do not want in Syria, and that has them ducking from have to do anything about it. Why thats sounds like brilliant plan. The west was perfectly happy with Syria as it was, stable and just strong enough to keep from falling apart. To the West Syria is a distraction and a problem they will talk about and hope they can some how avoid having to do anything beyond make a statement here or there. People rebel, it happens and you either step down or shoot it out. It has happened through out history. This fantasy the the West some how controls evey event is beyond silly. You should go work for the Gov it migh frighten you to find out just how little we can control.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Challenge to you-

So the west sent in rebels to start a civil war that they have no interest in getting involved in, that threatens its allies in Jordan, Turkey, and Israel with instability, war spill over, and refugees, that has allowed in radical elements they do not want in Syria, and that has them ducking from have to do anything about it. Why thats sounds like brilliant plan. The west was perfectly happy with Syria as it was, stable and just strong enough to keep from falling apart. To the West Syria is a distraction and a problem they will talk about and hope they can some how avoid having to do anything beyond make a statement here or there. People rebel, it happens and you either step down or shoot it out. It has happened through out history. This fantasy the the West some how controls evey event is beyond silly. You should go work for the Gov it migh frighten you to find out just how little we can control.

Irony here is strong.

Yeah of course, it sounds ridiculous who would want war- the people certainly don't. This applies to British, Americans, Libyans, Iraqi's, Syrians, hell the whole world. The masses never want war.

But once you realise that the forces controlling the west do not giving a flying # about the west, they hold no nationality or hold no honour to any given country, then you begin to see the real picture.

Given your response, why did they bomb Libya? Did that happen to slip your memory?

You're also forgetting to take into account the west is pushing for intervention- they aren't exactly hiding the fact!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
In this age of information I wonder why there are STILL people thinking "NATO bad, Rusia good".

Only an UNEDUCATED person would think something like the above.Have you did NOT read any history ? Have you did NOT understood 1939 is not like 2012?

Did you missed thhe MASS raping that occured when "liberating" Red Army passed thru East Europe? WHy do you think that east eurpoeans HATE Russia so much? Ask around pal.THEY, Russia, are the bad guys.

They are making provocations thru their proxies (because Russia cannot wage war against a med sized country without getting his ass kicked - even the under 2 mil people in Chechnya gave them years upon year of death).Who wants WW3, NATO you say?

Russia and China LOST the cold war and they WANT US and West to go down in flames...they just don't have the guts.9/11 was a russian plot to drag US and West into wars in ME.It was their plan to have the US and West draaged into this.Was either war after war OR terror attack after terror attack.

Their plan is working, the US and the West are weak economicaly atm.Russia and China want NOE syria dn Iran to be the first in the line of the new war.This war will happen, make no mistake about it.

But this war will end on WEST and US terms, because, yes, we are now in not a great position economicaly, yes, our troops are spread thin...but if it comes to "it is ME or YOU", Russia, China and their proxies are doomed.They CANNOT match West military power.They will have to CHOOSE between a defeat or nuclear war.

And we all know what chickens in Russia and China will choose : nuclear war, because conventionaly their KNOW they lose BIG TIME.

The thing is, Germany in 1939 is Russia/China in 2012.You are just to blind to see.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
In this age of information I wonder why there are STILL people thinking "NATO bad, Rusia good".

Russia and China LOST the cold war and they WANT US and West to go down in flames...they just don't have the guts.9/11 was a russian plot to drag US and West into wars in ME.It was their plan to have the US and West draaged into this.Was either war after war OR terror attack after terror attack.

LOL have you ever heard of the PNAC?

I highly recommend 'Rebuilding America's Defenses, September 2000.

www.newamericancentury.org...

Followed by 'Which Path to Persia?, June 2009 from the Brooking's Institute and the Saban Center for Middle East Policy.

www.brookings.edu...

The Neocons were craving for war with Iraq for years, they even wrote to Clinton to push for war with Iraq in 1998-

They make it more than clear in RAD which countries are on the agenda, it is running like clockwork what I add!

Russian plot? LMAO.

Wake up you deluded fool.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Regarding staging events as the Nazi's did through Operation Himmler, bear in mind the Turks have put some of their military on the Syrian border.

i doubt many informed people shall be surprised, Syria took the bait, now Turkey, who shall be backed by the US just wait, until the opportune, well constructed moment,

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

all the wars is why JFK was taken out obama is the best puppet they have he has kids on the line,wars make them money every bullet has a price.we buy there ammo work for gas i will never stand in line when they say we can i say not if i dont want to your puppy dog might be my food chain but i will die free.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Challenge to you-

Irony here is strong.

Yeah of course, it sounds ridiculous who would want war- the people certainly don't. This applies to British, Americans, Libyans, Iraqi's, Syrians, hell the whole world. The masses never want war.

But once you realise that the forces controlling the west do not giving a flying # about the west, they hold no nationality or hold no honour to any given country, then you begin to see the real picture.

Given your response, why did they bomb Libya? Did that happen to slip your memory?

You're also forgetting to take into account the west is pushing for intervention- they aren't exactly hiding the fact!

The west bombed Libya because a bunch of people were about to get killed right on the borders of two states who just went through the Arab Spring. If the west had not acted they would be flooded with refugees, full of rebel camps and all of them drug into a long term bloody civil war that would have been a hot bed of radical influence who would have paraded western inaction as proof that the west is the true enemy.

And if the West was pushing for intevetion they would have acted by now. Anyone who follows the international polical scene knows the west has zero interest in intervention. They talk and meet and talk some more but, nobody wants to do anything. The goal of the west right now is to give the appearance of support to the Syrian people without having to do anything. They are kind of hoping things will work themselves out and they can then claim some of the credit for it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

You are one stupid person. You do realise that Iran have roughly 120 countries supporting their rights to produce peaceful nuclear energy, including China and Russia... If you want to talk about a powerful army, I suggest you start working out who those countries are, because I am pretty sure even the USA and NATO would struggle with them.

Just because the West tells you that they are bad, doesn't necessarily mean that other countries agree. China have 2 million troops ready if needed, Russia have around 10-15,000 nukes and you have the nerve to say that they cannot beat the USA? Even your troops are strained in the middle east to this day.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

LOL have you ever heard of the PNAC?

I highly recommend 'Rebuilding America's Defenses, September 2000.

Followed by 'Which Path to Persia?, June 2009 from the Brooking's Institute and the Saban Center for Middle East Policy.

www.brookings.edu...

The Neocons were craving for war with Iraq for years, they even wrote to Clinton to push for war with Iraq in 1998-

They make it more than clear in RAD which countries are on the agenda, it is running like clockwork what I add!

Russian plot? LMAO.

Wake up you deluded fool.

What is RAD? I'd like to read that

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

S+F...I wish there were more threads about World War 2 and World War 1 as well...

Germany and Russia both invaded Poland and divided that country between them and they both committed numerous barbaric atrocities against innumerable polish soldiers and civilians and so what i would really like to know and have never read any satisfactory answers about,is why France and England declared war against Germany and not against Russia???

Invasion Of Poland > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join