It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Veteran, Chase Brandon, states "Roswell Happened"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Here's an interesting spin on things ...

CIA influence on public opinion

Assistance to entertainment

In the mid-1990s, the CIA named Chase Brandon, an operations officer who was assigned to South America, as liaison to Hollywood.[12] Brandon's film credits include The Recruit, The Sum of All Fears, Enemy of the State, Bad Company and In the Company of Spies. He has consulted for television programs including The Agency, Alias and JAG. He has appeared on Discovery, Learning Channel, History Channel, PBS, A&E, and has been interviewed on E-Entertainment, Access Hollywood, and Entertainment Tonight.[13]

Patterson criticizes the CIA assistance as being only to complimentary productions, including not running material, such as "the original pilot episode of The Agency, which was pulled. It featured the spymasters preventing a plot by a Bin Laden-backed terrorist cell to blow up a fictionalized Harrods. The airing of such an episode might have pointed up the real CIA's corresponding lack of success in foiling the World Trade Center attacks."[12]

According to Brandon, the agency would not endorse Spy Game, starring Robert Redford and Brad Pitt. The final rewrite "showed our senior management in an insensitive light and we just wouldn't want to be a part of that kind of project", said Brandon, who also withheld approval from 24, a Fox series about a fictional intelligence agency, CTU, that also suggests all is not hunky-dory in the company's upper echelons. And The Bourne Identity, based on the 1984 novel by Robert Ludlum, was "so awful that I tossed it in the burn bag after page 25".[12]

Patterson observed "It used to be the case that if a movie explicitly condemned CIA actions - such as Under Fire - the studios could be counted on to bury it. That was no longer true after Costa-Gavras's Missing won Jack Lemmon an Oscar in 1982, and Iran-Contra slimed the CIA in the late 1980s. Since then, "CIA renegade" has become a dependable staple not just of big-budget movies like Enemy of the State, but also of a million straight-to-cable action-schlockfests starring Chuck Norris or Steven Seagal."[12]

In 2012, Tricia Jenkins released a book, The CIA in Hollywood: How the Agency Shapes Film and Television, which further documents the CIA's efforts at manipulating its public image through entertainment media from the 1990s to the present. The book explains that the CIA has used motion pictures to boost recruitment, mitigate public affairs disasters (like Aldrich Ames), bolster its own image, and even intimidate terrorists through disinformation campaigns.

en.wikipedia.org...

If the Chase Brandon named in the Wikipedia article is the same Chase Brandon as in the podcast I have to wonder if this isn't just spin.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Good find. The CIA have been using the UFO story to cover secret missions and operations since day 1. Many of their ex-operatives have admitted that in books and documentaries.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
My proof is that the wreckage from roswell was trucked to wright patterson afb in ohio. Why would it be taken so far if it wasnt aliens? Why wasnt it taken to oklahoma city, nevada, barstow, ...? Why ohio?

Theres all sorts of conspiracy theories about wright patterson infact. Its also not too far from where die glocke wrecked in pennsylvania

If I remember right, there was a documentary about Area 51 where they might have given more info than they thought. I'm pretty sure the documentary showed how crashed test planes were buried on site at Groom Lake. To have the (ahem) weather balloon shipped to another base says a lot, don't ya think?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
Here's an interesting spin on things ...

If the Chase Brandon named in the Wikipedia article is the same Chase Brandon as in the podcast I have to wonder if this isn't just spin.

Its the same Chase Brandon. He worked in public relations and worked on getting Hollywood "on side".
So that might be taken two ways.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

My proof is that the wreckage from roswell was trucked to wright patterson afb in ohio. Why would it be taken so far if it wasnt aliens? Why wasnt it taken to oklahoma city, nevada, barstow, ...? Why ohio?

Theres all sorts of conspiracy theories about wright patterson infact. Its also not too far from where die glocke wrecked in pennsylvania

If I remember right, there was a documentary about Area 51 where they might have given more info than they thought. I'm pretty sure the documentary showed how crashed test planes were buried on site at Groom Lake. To have the (ahem) weather balloon shipped to another base says a lot, don't ya think?

What? They buried crash test planes on site? Lol. I wanna dig some up! It does say alot. Especially with the distance to wright patterson.

Now if i could find out what documentary you saw....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
Its the same Chase Brandon. He worked in public relations and worked on getting Hollywood "on side".

On one hand it's hard to believe a spin-doctor for the CIA, who primarily worked in media relations, would suddenly expose the Roswell incident to be real if it weren't actually true. On the other hand we just could easily say it's all a ploy because the CIA wants to keep the myth of the Roswell incident alive because it serves as a cover for counter-intelligence purposes. It's the old, "He knew I would think this. So I planned the opposite. But he knew I would think of that. So I had to do the original" problem. However! The reason I find it extremely unlikely Mr. Brandon discovered physical evidence supporting the reality of a crashed disc is because if he did, why would he write a fictional story about Roswell where "every shocking conspiracy theory you’ve ever heard was correct?" It would destroy any semblance he had of credibility. Then again, I suppose there's always the conspiracy angle. Maybe the CIA wrote the book and registered the domain in his stead?
Nah!
edit on 28-6-2012 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

What? They buried crash test planes on site? Lol. I wanna dig some up! It does say alot. Especially with the distance to wright patterson.

I know! Is it just my poor memory? I've watched so many documentaries over the last few years and I couldn't name one of them. It must be me because I also read lots of books without even committing titles to memory. I'm reading two books now and I couldn't tell you the titles. I do know that they are Lee Child's 'Reacher' series. Good stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme

On one hand it's hard to believe a spin-doctor for the CIA, who primarily worked in media relations, would suddenly expose the Roswell incident to be real if it weren't actually true. On the other hand we just could easily say it's all a ploy because the CIA wants to keep the myth of the Roswell incident alive because it serves as a cover for counter-intelligence purposes. It's the old, "He knew I would think this. So I planned the opposite. But he knew I would think of that. So I had to do the original" problem. However! The reason I find it extremely unlikely Mr. Brandon discovered physical evidence supporting the reality of a crashed disc is because if he did, why would he write a fictional story about Roswell where "every shocking conspiracy theory you’ve ever heard was correct?" It would destroy any semblance he might hope to have of credibility. Then again, I suppose there's always the conspiracy angle. Maybe the CIA wrote the book and registered the domain in his stead?
Nah!
edit on 28-6-2012 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

Its like a dog chasing its tail. It will never catch it. And this may be a reason why we may never see "UFO disclosure" (whatever they may have to disclose), coming from any President or leader from the political class. Because the worst thing that could happen to them would be if they told the truth, and everyone thought, well, I guess that just proves you've been telling us lies for decades. So why should we believe you now?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I know! Is it just my poor memory? I've watched so many documentaries over the last few years and I couldn't name one of them. It must be me because I also read lots of books without even committing titles to memory. I'm reading two books now and I couldn't tell you the titles. I do know that they are Lee Child's 'Reacher' series. Good stuff.

I dont remember the name of the docu either but i have seen it as well and you are correct. They did bury abandoned projects or versions of craft there but the of course only did so because the craft would still be buried on the base grounds to which no joe has access. I doubt they have ever buried anything on site outside of area 51 or any other top security area.

They also dumped loads and loads of chemicals that were used or maybe even failed experiments themselves. This also reinforced the claims of the ex area 51 workers that got affected by such things and started the lawsuit against the government and against area 51.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

It is amusing to see that the CIA are trained in lying and intelligence. They don't not hold back - they will boldy say anything they want to in order to succeed for any plan they have.

Yet in this case it appears he is commenting on true facts, I heard recently that he is correct in mentioning that for a certain amount of time (18 hours) the public had actually heard what he is suggesting. Brazel was detained, and after coming back made one last comment to Frank Joyce.

Unbelievable. - As in I can't believe how easy it is to see the truth.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
47, wasnt that 2 years after the Americans got their hand on Nazi prototypes and plans?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The term Whistleblower, are these people not given the whistle in which to blow.

I mean with such sensitive info dont you think there might be an agenda especially with an organisation like the CIA

To muddy the waters so it make it almost impossible for anyone or even any other intelligence agencies/Corporations to find truth.

When ever theres a leak theres a contingency plan in place that transforms operations, however the same goals are still achieved no matter what documents are released or what so called insiders say.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

What book? have a link?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
so the cia just leaves those files laying around ?

holy hoax batman, and not even a good one

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
The term Whistleblower, are these people not given the whistle in which to blow.

I mean with such sensitive info dont you think there might be an agenda especially with an organisation like the CIA

To muddy the waters so it make it almost impossible for anyone or even any other intelligence agencies/Corporations to find truth.

When ever theres a leak theres a contingency plan in place that transforms operations, however the same goals are still achieved no matter what documents are released or what so called insiders say.

I think those are valid points. The same may apply to those who deal with this issue in other federal agencies and departments such as the FBI, the USAF and USN. Does that mean we should throw out all information originating from people working in these agencies?

Just wondering what criteria we apply to assess "truthfulness"?

I certainly believe that the CIA and USAF seem to have programs intended to confuse the public on what it knows about UFO phenomena.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Here is the video so you can listen to him say it himself. I think his story sounds credible and when you listen to him talk the story does not sound made up.

I would like to know if Chase Brandon is available for interviews by other people.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
just another attention whore.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

They claim it was a weather balloon so I have to wonder if they took all wrecked weather balloons to WPAFB or was it only this one? and why only this one? That was no weather balloon!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Its like a dog chasing its tail. It will never catch it. And this may be a reason why we may never see "UFO disclosure" (whatever they may have to disclose), coming from any President or leader from the political class. Because the worst thing that could happen to them would be if they told the truth, and everyone thought, well, I guess that just proves you've been telling us lies for decades. So why should we believe you now?

Right, the prosecutor's favorite rhetorical trick. "Now Mr Johnson, you say you're telling the truth *now*. So when exactly did you stop lying, or really, did you just start lying again, since it seems to be a habit with you?"

And so, why has ET been deceiving and hiding? They ain't just aliens, but straight up illegal aliens.

If there is an ET, ET coverup starts with ET and ET alone. They are responsible for the consequences.
edit on 1-7-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

...some have already raised the possibility that writing a "fiction" novel might be a way for him to provide the public with secrets he has access to, without facing the charge that he has revealed state secrets. I realize others have made similar claims - this does sort of echo some of the stuff stated by Philip J. Corso. Although so far this narrative seems to go a different direction from the "alien technology reverse engineering" angle that Corso alleged as central to what happened after Roswell.

That doesn't work, actually. I floated the idea of writing a movie script with some easter eggs in past our major "customer" and they had a coronary, followed by a refresher that fictionalization does not protect against violation of NDAs.

Oh, and Corso was so full of poo his eyes were brown. The book was a sham.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join