It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Governor Refuses Supreme Court Decision on Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm moving to wisconsin or arizona. There seems to be a few elected left that respect their oaths of office.
""Gov. Scott Walker says Wisconsin will not proceed with implementing the federal health care overhaul despite the U.S. Supreme Court upholding the central part of the federal law.""

www.channel3000.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Scott Walker? Isnt he the guy working for the Koch brothers?

Im pretty sure he is the guy talking about trying to put trouble makers within a protest...

ETA: Ya heres that video of that prank call, man that guy likes to talk lol

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-6-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

He's the 1 taking power away from groups and giving back to the individuals.Or that's my take. Guess it depends on who you ask.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Good.....Now all we need is the rest of the US to follow suit and we will have taken a stand against this crap!!

It could be for the people, by the people once again!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

In this case I agree with you...

I dont want to pay for something I dont need

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The people of WI have spoken again and again. This is the very reason Walker was elected the FIRST time. Glad he has the stones to stand up for his people and for what is right and just!!. He sides with the majority of people in this nation!!

I think this recent SCOTUS decision is going to blow up in Obama's face before it is repealed!! It's all got to happen before 2014. That's when the staggering $$ figures begin to hit everyone far below the belt.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Siding with The Koch Bros, Karl Rove
EXXON, The Bush family,every oil giant, every giant bank
China (yep big supporters of the Right in the last election)
Russia (them too, also to keep American jobs overseas)
sounds like a wonderful Patriotic thing to do.

Choosing oil billionaires over your neighbors
who may be fire fighters or teachers?
Perfect.

Jan Brewer Gov. of Arizona or temporary Scott Walker
of Wisconsin sound like the Gov's for you.
Unless.... You are the least bit brown.
Then you'll need your papers on you at all times.
Enjoy !

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If this were a true act of patriotism and not a dog and pony show for the MSM to devour and spew to the masses for digestion as some grand act of defiance to support his job I'd say go Walker! but its not! So in response i say "Big Deal"! In a few weeks maybe a month or two he will cave "like all other politicians" and without any fan fare he will sign into law the new mandates for medicaid and we will be lucky if we hear about it at all. All the while he can fall back on his very public comments that he "Refuses Supreme Court Decision" come re election time.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

None of the 30 states against the "mandate" have to, the reason is very clear, the Supreme court decision just delayed Obama care and now made possible for the July 17 vote in congress of the "Repeal" of the law.

Obama care "mandate" is unconstitutional if apply to single individuals, but under a "tax" it can be done.

In other words Obama care have to be rewritten and change the wording.

Then it have to be approved once again by congress.

Walker said the law will be a "massive tax increase on the people of Wisconsin and America."

From the source.

In election year no political whore in congress is going to touch adding a new federal tax to the people in the nation, so this will not be done before elections this year.

Obama care will have to wait until that vote in congress, some parts of the health care will proceed while the mandate will not for the time been.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

He can refuse it all he wants...Wisconsin residents are still subject to Federal Law.

The only thing he can do is refuse to expand Wisconsin's Medicaid coverage...which is only hurting his own residents.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I asked you in another thread what your source is for this information.

Is it just your personal interpretation?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonXGrim

If this were a true act of patriotism and not a dog and pony show for the MSM to devour and spew to the masses for digestion as some grand act of defiance to support his job I'd say go Walker! but its not! So in response i say "Big Deal"! In a few weeks maybe a month or two he will cave "like all other politicians" and without any fan fare he will sign into law the new mandates for medicaid and we will be lucky if we hear about it at all. All the while he can fall back on his very public comments that he "Refuses Supreme Court Decision" come re election time.

In the end the insurance companies will win because they helped write the law. Remember Bush's prescription drug plan? You know the one where people pay premiums to the insurance companies on a capped rate. What many people don't realize is that this plan is paid for by government dollars... except the private tax you pay when you pay the premium!

if you read the legislation you will discover that 100 percent of the cost of the plan is guaranteed by the government and the premium is just an added tax you pay the insurance directly instead of government collecting it.

www.cato.org...

Near the bottom under, "The rest of the story" is this nugget......

The answer became clear when the New York Times reported that the drug program would reimburse corporations for the drug benefits they were already providing to their retirees. The federal government would send huge checks to some of the largest corporations in the United States for the costs that they were already contractually obligated to pay. The final legislation provides a 28 percent tax-free subsidy that is expected to average $660 per retiree per year.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

In this case I agree with you...

I dont want to pay for something I dont need

While I support the governors who are taking this stand, I have to bear some bad news for you. Not only would you still be paying for this abomination you don't need, but if you lived in a state that successfully rejected the bill, you'd not even have the chance to use the benefit if you did need it. The bill will come from the IRS at the federal level... the states would only serve as the busboy delivering the meal (today's special: Steaming Turds ala Roberts.)

This isn't the tactic needed to take this abomination down. We need the bill to be killed by DC itself, a task which will require a majority of Congress to display the testicles needed to take a stand.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Does the governor think he can do it all by himself? Does he not have a state legislature to deal with?

I agree that Obamacare is a big gift to the insurance companies and the governor serves big corporations. He probably spoke to grandstand and/or solicit cashpaign contributions and then he can intentionally fail in his efforts to refuse the decision.

July 17 repeal will fail. Just more grandstanding to take home for their cashpaigns.
edit on 28-6-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
July 17 repeal will fail.

I think the vote is more symbolic than anything else. For those not familiar with how a bill is repealed its the exact same process as how a bill is made.

Either house can introduce a bill repealing the law... Both houses must sign off on it and the President is still required to sign it. If he vetos the bill, which he would since Obama is not going to sink his only, albeit terrible, accomplishment, then the house would need override the veto. Since an override requires a 2/3's majority its not going to happen.

What I see happening is a backlash against members of Congress who support obamacare. If the people are truly pissed about the Supreme Court decision its possible they will come out in droves on election day to start firing their representatives and replacing them.

As far as the Wisconsin Governor's actions I applaud it, along with any other Governor who takes a similar stand. At what point are we going to tell the government enough is enough and draw a line in the sand. I think this win, as another poster pointed out, is going to blow up in Obamas face.

As far as Gov. Walker goes he is the only Governor to survive a recall effort, and the point margin he survived it with, imo, speaks volumes about the mood of the people of the State of Wisconsin and a possible barometer of the mood of the American people overall.

As far as refusing to pay the tax etc its not unprecedented. There have been a few times in US State / Federal history where a tax revolt has occured and was effective in getting it changed.

The upcoming elections should be interesting....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have to believe that Roberts knows something that the rest of us dont here. I'm thinking that he saw an opportunity somehow by converting this thing to a tax rather than what Obama wanted.

My initial feeling toward what Roberts did was disbelief then.....oh whatever...I was going through the stages of grief. But the I got to thinking that he might be hinting at something here. I'm holding judgement here because Roberts might just be crazy like a fox...Maybe....he left an out for states?

In the weeks to come we will see how this this pans out.
edit on 28-6-2012 by 11235813213455 because: Grammarzz

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
I have to believe that Roberts knows something that the rest of us dont here. I'm thinking that he saw an opportunity somehow by converting this thing to a tax rather than what Obama wanted.

My initial feeling toward what Roberts did was disbelief then.....oh whatever...I was going through the stages of grief. But the I got to thinking that he might be hinting at something here. I'm holding judgement here because Roberts might just be crazy like a fox here....Maybe....he left an out for states.

In the weeks to come we will see how this this pans out.
edit on 28-6-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

One can only hope he has something up his sleeve. For once someone in washington would have a hidden agenda that i would approve of. I had the same attitude as you today, disbelief, frustration, and then i thought, this could actually go somewhere. Regardless of the ruling, people are talking now. 90% of them i've talked to today are furious. This includes both my friends and people i talked to while traveling around the state today. Once word gets around regarding the effects of this plan, i think it could effectively be a big black mark against obama. Both sides are fired up and after today, things are going to get very interesting.
edit on 6/28/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I like how the Obama haters completely ignore the fact that millions of Americans support the bill.

Conservatives always think everyone supports them for some reason (inability to think maybe?)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I smell a setup to get all the states to cave - at least thats what I think right now.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

He can refuse it all he wants...Wisconsin residents are still subject to Federal Law.

Someone needs to read the Tenth amendment.

"The Tenth Amendment, which makes explicit the idea that the federal government is limited only to the powers granted in the Constitution, is often considered to be a truism. In United States v. Sprague (1931) the Supreme Court asserted that the amendment "added nothing to the [Constitution] as originally ratified."

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join