It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chris benoit murder and suicide case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
A few days ago it was the 6 anniversary of the death of Wrester Chris Benoit and the murder of his family i wanted to make a thread about him and mysterious events surrounding his death and reasons why he did it ( warning this thread will have very graphic descriptions so if you are sqimish stop reading)

The story goes like this over the weekend of June 22-25 professional wrester Chris benoit violently murdered his wife and son he killed his wife first by strangulation the creepy thing is he put a bible by her like it was signifying something

On Friday, June 22, Chris Benoit killed his wife Nancy in an upstairs office. Her limbs were bound, and her body was wrapped in a towel. A copy of the Bible was left by her body. Injuries indicated that Benoit had pressed a knee into the back while pulling on a cord around the neck, causing strangulation. Blood was also found under her head, suggesting she may have tried to fend off her attacker. However, officials stated there were no signs of immediate struggle

Between the murders he called his freind chavo gurrero saying he was going to be late for the show in beaumont

At about 3:30 p.m. EDT on Saturday, June 23, Chavo Guerrero received a voicemail message from Benoit's phone stating that he overslept and missed his flight and would be late for that night's house show in Beaumont, Texas. Guerrero called Benoit back and Benoit sounded tired and groggy as he confirmed everything that he had said in his voice message. Guerrero, who was "concerned about Benoit's tone and demeanor", called him back twelve minutes later. Benoit did not answer the call and Guerrero left a message asking Benoit to call back.
At 3:44 p.m. EDT, Benoit called Guerrero back, stating that he did not answer the call because he was on the phone with Delta Air Lines changing his flight. Benoit stated that he had a stressful day due to Nancy and Daniel "being sick with food poisoning". A co-worker who often traveled with Benoit called him from outside the Houston airport and Benoit answered. Benoit told the coworker that Nancy was vomiting blood and that Daniel was also vomiting.

His son died at an unknown time also with a bible by his side and he was sedated with Xanax

Daniel Benoit was suffocated and killed in his bedroom, and a copy of the Bible was left by his body The boy had internal injuries to the throat area, showed no bruises Daniel's exact time of death is unknown The reports determined Daniel was sedated with Xanax and likely unconscious when he was killed A large butcher knife was found underneath Daniel's bed, but the knife was not used in either murder

A rumor was that daniel had fragile x syndrome and that was a big part of his domestic problems

It was later alleged that Daniel had Fragile X syndrome, and that this was the cause of domestic problems in the Benoit family. It was also suggested that needle marks in Daniel's arms were the result of growth hormones given to him because Benoit and his family considered him undersized due to Fragile X Benoit's coworker and best friend, wrestler Chris Jericho, stated that from his own research on the condition, the symptoms "fit Daniel to a tee, all across the board." With regard to those who had publicly stated that they had no knowledge of Daniel suffering from the condition, Jericho said, "If Chris had decided that he wanted to keep it to himself, you wouldn't have been able to pry that out of him with anything Despite Chris Jericho's initial statements regarding Daniel, he later stated in his 2011 book Undisputed, "It turned out that Daniel didn't have fragile X, but at the time it made sense because I was grasping at straws."

he died on sunday june 26 2007 by hanging himself also with a bible by his side( noticing a trend here?)

Chris Benoit, according to District Attorney Ballard, committed suicide by hanging.[11] Benoit apparently used a weight machine cord to hang himself by creating a noose from the end of the cord. When Benoit released the weights — approximately 240 pounds (110 kg), a total weight six pounds greater than that of Benoit's body[citation needed] — the move caused his strangulation. Ballard said the pull-down bar had been removed and Benoit was hanging from a pulley.

Steroids were found in his house leading some to belive that he simply went on a roid rage however an autopsy reveled that he had severe head injures right up there with the brain of an 80 year old Alzheimers patient WWE ( the company who he preformed for) released a press report on the issue

The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife’s feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage

I personaly think that it was a number of diffrent things that lead to his demise but mostly brain damage when you spend 15 years of your life doing things like this

Its going to have some negative effects.I also think that domestic problems drug abuse and head injuries finally started to take their toll on him and he just could not live with himself anymore
What do you guys think was he in his right mind at the time did he kill his family or was there somthing more going on here?
oh and one last detail is that fact that WWE completly coverd up the issue and erased all records of him from the company ( exept for a few details on the website) its almost like he never existed
Wikipiedia
great artice from ABC news
edit on 28-6-2012 by ninjas4321 because: spelling

edit on 28-6-2012 by ninjas4321 because: mistake

edit on 28-6-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I remember reading about it the morning after & was convinced he couldn't have done anything like this,he worked hard to get where he was,always told he wasn't big enough,a rubbish talker on the mic during promo's & would amount to nothing.
To hear about what he did saddened me,from what i can gather he loved his family deeeply.
The whole thing to this day seems very strange to me,the WWE have erased him from history,never acknowledge his excistence.

It was a sad day as i was a huge fan of his much like others were.

Drugs in wrestling still goes on,randy orton,rey mysterio,edge have all been suspended in the past for drug use,the 1st 2 are currently on suspension.

i don't think we'll ever know what really went on inside his head or what went on in the house at the time.

a mixture of years of getting hit on the head with various things & drug abuse,never took benoit as a drug user though.
Guess we didn't know chris benoit as we thought we did

edit on 28-6-2012 by rhynouk because: spelling & adding things

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There were many things about that day that didn't add up. There was some other information such as the texts that were sent, I believe to Chavo, about the "dogs being in the pool area" and a few other things.

I remember hearing about the initial investigation and how the police labeled it an open and shut case from the get go. I honestly didn't see it that was from the outside looking in. There were reports of a botched investigation, leads not being followed up on, and the general assumption that once the idea got planted to go after the steroid excuse - that is what they were going to run with - even though it ended up wrong anyway.

I don't know whether he did it or not, but to this day I know for a fact that something was missing in the entire ordeal. There was some information that was either not followed up on, not found, or just not made public. One major thing that seems to be missing in my eyes is motive for starters.

It will always be a dark day for wrestling fans and sad to say, I doubt it will ever by made clear.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don't think he was in his right mind when he killed his family. I think what happened was he snapped somehow and he kinda came too and saw what he did and killed himself. The other thing that hurt him was the death of his friend Eddie Guerrero. The other thing I just noticed too was that his last 2 matches he changed finishers. the last 2 matches he used the sharpshooter, and atleast since he came into the WWE he used a finishing move called the crippler cross face. I used to big a big wrestling fan but haven't watched it since about 2002 that's what I saw but he could have used both.

not sure if I can post this but here is a behind the news thing from E! if anybody is interested.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Then here is his last match the day before all of this happened.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-6-2012 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
No offense, I remember hearing about the story, the WWF/WWE honoring him like a day later before all the details came out, and going through another steroids investigation. It was tragic. But how was this a conspiracy, and why is this in the general conspiracies thread?

It's confirmed Benoit was on roids. If you've ever known anyone on them or been in the medical field, you know they can cause erratic behavior and decreased mental function. That, in addition to his career choice, which included common blows to the head (and likely multiple concussions) lead you to the conclusion that the man went psychotic, killed his family, then (either after coming to or in the throes of psychosis) killed himself. There are multiple studies of NFL players that sustained many vicious hits to the head, and they have similar erratic behavior and suicidal/homicidal tendencies. The most recent was Junior Seau, formerly of the Chargers and Patriots. No mystery here. No conspiracy here.
edit on 29-6-2012 by jcolsto because: grammar

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcolsto
No offense, I remember hearing about the story, the WWF/WWE honoring him like a day later before all the details came out, and going through another steroids investigation. It was tragic. But how was this a conspiracy, and why is this in the general conspiracies thread?

It's confirmed Benoit was on roids. If you've ever known anyone on them or been in the medical field, you know they can cause erratic behavior and decreased mental function. That, in addition to his career choice, which included common blows to the head (and likely multiple concussions) lead you to the conclusion that the man went psychotic, killed his family, then (either after coming to or in the throes of psychosis) killed himself. There are multiple studies of NFL players that sustained many vicious hits to the head, and they have similar erratic behavior and suicidal/homicidal tendencies. The most recent was Junior Seau, formerly of the Chargers and Patriots. No mystery here. No conspiracy here.
edit on 29-6-2012 by jcolsto because: grammar

I take massive exception to your post.
Firstly show me one case were someone with multiple head trauma's caused homicidal behavior. It is a depressive state caused by (the last study I read stated) a decrease in dopamine production. It often leads to suicide (Seau) but I cannot think of a single homicide related to multiple head injuries.
Secondly show me a single peer reviewed medical study that states that anabolic steroids cause "erratic behavior and decreased mental function". Seriously, I'll wait.

You know why you will never be able to? Because AS don't cause anything of the sort. It will increase aggression due to the insane levels of testosterone, but if you were a nice guy before, you'll be a nice guy when on cycle. If you were an impatient dick before, you'll be a very impatient massive dick on cycle. Judging by what you've said you have never taken AS or know anyone who has. If you believe everything the news tells you about AS I bet you believe that they are responsible for countless deaths... the only problem: where are the bodies?

Benoit's death and the events leading up to it are very sad. No one will ever know what happened in his head, but with the bibles laying near the bodies I would say he was a very deeply disturbed individual, and no amount of testosterone will make you religiously disturbed.

There may be a conspiracy here, I just don't see one.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cqnoble

Here's one completely relevant to the topic, found within 30 seconds of looking for it:

"Reports of suicide, depression and strange behaviour seem abnormally high among professional athletes playing heavy contact sports and scientists wanted to learn whether this prevalence has anything to do with physical brain injuries occurring on the job.

Former wrestler Chris Benoit is one high profile example of a professional athlete whose mental state apparently declined and eventually led to a tragic murder suicide. Mr. Benoit’s father allowed his son’s brain to be studied and results confirmed repeated concussions may have caused significant damage that could have led to his psychiatric issues and the murder of his wife and son.

In a news release last September, researchers reported evidence of something called chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) consistent with numerous brain injuries in Mr. Benoit’s brain. Researchers said his extensively damaged brain resembled that of someone in their 80s or 90s with damage throughout the brain where abnormal Tau proteins (significant in Alzheimer’s disease) aggregated causing the CTE.

Common symptoms of CTE include depression, cognitive impairment, dementia, Parkinson’s disease and erratic behaviour."

www.okanaganclinicaltrials.com...

You sound like a user, and if so, you should stop.

"Athletes who suffer a concussion can experience a decline in their mental and physical processes more than 30 years later, according to a Canadian study that's the first to identify these kinds of long-term effects.

The researchers examined 40 healthy, former university-level athletes between the ages of 50 and 60. Of those, 19 had suffered a concussion more than 30 years ago, and 21 had no history of concussion.

Compared to those who were concussion-free, the participants who'd been concussed only once or twice in their early adulthood showed declines in attention and memory, as well as a slowing of some types of movement.

Players have shown symptoms of severe depression, memory loss, early signs of Alzheimer's. There are cases where 50 year old men have 80 year old brains
They have also been linked to many suicides in football and other sports stars and possibly even homicide in some cases."

concussionsinhighschoolsports.wikispaces.com...

Should I stop or are you convinced? Is there a conspiracy that steroids are bad, or are you or one of your friends an addict. Ok, I'll continue.

" Nearly 2/3 of the TBI related deaths (60.1%) were unintentional,
32.7% were suicide, and 4.2% were homicide. The remaining 3%
were undetermined or unknown intent.
 The three leading causes of TBI related deaths were self-inflicted
firearm injury (31.9%), unintentional motor vehicle crashes (26%),
and other unintentional transport incidents (4.3%; rail, water,"

www.maine.gov...

Note that homicide accounted for over 4% of these cases.

That's just homicidal tendencies by people with concussions. Here's the info on steroids users specifically:

"The authors describe three men, all with benign premorbid psychiatric histories, no evidence of antisocial personality disorder, and no history of violence, who impulsively committed violent crimes--including murder--while taking anabolic steroids. Structured psychiatric interviews of each man suggested that steroids played a necessary, if not primary, role in the etiology of the violent behavior. Although the men conceivably might have exaggerated their reports of the effects of steroids in the hopes of improving their legal positions, information from external sources consistently corroborated their accounts in each case. These observations raise the possibility that steroid-induced violence may pose a little-recognized public health problem."

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"The authors say aggressiveness appears to occasionally trigger violent behaviour, sometimes even including homicide and steroid use is linked to extreme mood swings, impulsiveness, depression, paranoid jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions and impaired judgment...It was found that those who tested positive for steroid use were about twice as likely to have been convicted of a weapons offence and one and a half times as likely to have been convicted of fraud. "

www.news-medical.net...

You're obviously biased if you believe roids aren't a problem. Either you're taking them or someone you know is. The overwhelming weight of evidence concludes steroids, especially in connection with multiple concussions, equals homicide and suicide. Whoever you're associated with that consumes these drugs, please seek help.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jcolsto

I'll continue because your arrogance and demeaning attitude tell me you're not educated on the subject. Again, either user's denial or you're a facilitator to others' addictions. And yes, I have known people that have been on roids, I've worked in a psych ward for a major hospital, and I've seen how crazy these people get. But because you're in denial, here you go:

"We report the case of an old man treated with methylprednisolone for chronic lymphoid leukemia. After two months of treatment, he declared an acute steroid psychosis and beat his wife to death. Steroids were stopped and the psychotic symptoms subsided, but his condition declined very quickly. The clinical course was complicated by a major depressive disorder with suicidal ideas, due to the steroid stoppage, the leukemia progressed, and by a sudden onset of a fatal pulmonary embolism. This clinical case highlights the importance of early detection of steroid psychosis and proposes, should treatment not be stopped, a strategy of dose reduction combined with a mood stabilizer or antipsychotic treatment. In addition have been revised the risks of the adverse psychiatric effects of steroids."

www.hindawi.com...

You need more? Ok....more specific information on concussions as it directly relates to this case:

"Chris Benoit’s signature move was the flying headbutt where he propelled himself off the top rope and landed head first either on the mat or his opponent’s shoulder. He hit his head on the mat in this fashion 300 nights a year for a decade. A week before Benoit’s death, Harvard graduate and former WWE wrestler Chris Nowinski opened up his Sports Legacy Institute to research athletes’ brains and the effects of concussions. Ensuing test results on Benoit’s brain showed that he suffered from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, a form of brain damage that include depression, cognitive impairment, dementia, Parkinsonism and erratic behavior. While nobody knows exactly what happened on the night of June 24th, it’s hard to ignore the notion that the significant damage most likely played a part in the gruesome murders."

smokingsection.uproxx.com...

"A study carried out by the Department of Psychology at the University of Nottingham in England showed substantial evidence that aggressive behavior is associated with anabolic steroid use. When the "significant other" of steroid users and nonusers was questioned about their recent relationship, the significant others of the anabolic steroid users reported more instances of verbal and physical aggression than did those of nonusers.Thus, the anabolic steroid user not only endangers himself with anabolic steroid use, but may also endanger the lives of others, including those closest to him.

There are reports in the literature of anabolic steroid users committing armed robbery shoplifting, destroying property, as well as numerous other crimes while under the influence of steroids. Do anabolic steroids have a direct effect on the incidence of violent and antisocial behavior or is the anabolic steroid user using this as an excuse to commit crimes? It's an intriguing question!

One study was carried out where a group of volunteers were given either anabolic steroids or a placebo with no activity. Neither group was aware of who got which medication. The group who received the anabolic steroid in many,but not all cases, reported feelings of aggression and anger. The possible conclusion was that some, but not all, anabolic steroids increase aggressive tendencies.

Anabolic steroid use can also have other side effects including changes in memory, feelings of invincibility and euphoria, and sexual arousal. Plus, anabolic steroids appear to have addictive properties. Withdrawal from anabolic steroids can lead to serious side effects including severe depression with suicidal tendencies."

www.bukisa.com...

You're delusional if you believe that steroids don't cause decreased mental functioning, rage, depression, and altered personality. You're even more delusional if you believe that steroids in conjunction with a long history of concussions would not represent danger to not only that individual but their family and friends as well. I've known people on roids, They've described roid rage to me before. I know the depression they feel once going off them. I've had a friend that wanted to wrap a rope around their neck and shoot themselves in the face because of the withdrawals. Whether it's you or a friend, please stop taking these drugs.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Brain injuries and a steroid called trenbolone will make for a very dangerous individual.

top topics

join