It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF bolstering defenses along Syrian border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
"Fearing advanced Syrian weapons landing in rogue hands, IDF upgrading border infrastructure, preparing for Syrian refugees."

www.jpost.com...

Hmmmm...so we have Turkey moving troops and heavy weapony inlcuding anti-aircraft, Saudi goes on alert and now Israel beefing up its forces along Syrian border. The countries surrounding Syria are all beefing up for "allegedly" different reasons but the timing is coincidental.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Hmmmm...so we have Turkey moving troops and heavy weapony inlcuding anti-aircraft, Saudi goes on alert and now Israel beefing up its forces along Syrian border. The countries surrounding Syria are all beefing up for "allegedly" different reasons but the timing is coincidental.

What you expect? Its a foregone conclusion. Just let us celebrate a nice summer with the kids at camp and then labourday, and then the dessert is cooling down for a splendid lil' war ...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
People will still insist nothing is going to happen.

Turkey and Israel are preparing for something.

Of course, it's been planned for years but we're at a point now where they could start bombing Syria in weeks or even days.

It's just a case of Syria doing 'something' to justify an attack. The groundwork has already been done.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
People will still insist nothing is going to happen.

Turkey and Israel are preparing for something.

Of course, it's been planned for years but we're at a point now where they could start bombing Syria in weeks or even days.

It's just a case of Syria doing 'something' to justify an attack. The groundwork has already been done.

Indeed, i doth concur,

The bait was set, and Syria took it, now they bide their time waiting until the correct opportunity presents itself, or is constructed as such

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I was actually thinking we would have already seen it boil over by now. I am surprised it has went on this long without becoming a larger scale conflict. Lets just hope chemical weapons don't start getting flung about...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Officer: 'We are Preparing for Possibility of War'

We are in preparations for the possibility of war and in the midst of deployment with the situation in Syria in mind," a top IDF officer said Thursday, in a tour of the northern border with journalists.

The greatest challenge facing Division 36, which is placed in the Golan, is the possibility of facing a surprise attack, said the officer, Brig. Gen. Tamir Heiman, Commander of Division 36. "The biggest concern is a combined terror attack and we are preparing for this in the Golan area."

The essential changes that have taken place in Syria provide the potential for a terror attack coming out of Syria and crossing the border, which has been very quiet in recent years.

"The Division is preparing itself accordingly, in the knowledge that a terror attack can take place without a prior alert or intelligence," he said. "The lack of governance and loss of stability, with terror organizations potentially looking for new goals – is the greatest threat for the region."

Israel seems to have their sights on multiple fronts.

Beacon of peace my ass...sounds like Israel is planning a false flag scenario for a reason to attack Syria.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sounds like to me that Israel is protecting its borders and I dont blame them at all. If I lived surrounded by enemies like they do, Id be beefing up security also.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Israel is enemy # 1, and rightfully so.

It's only a matter of time before the terrorist state of Israel learns it lesson and pays for it's last 6 decades of tyranny.

I mean really, Israel is the obvious aggressor in all of this. They need to stop playing the victim role to justify their Zionist agenda, only the fools fall for it now days. No one else is buying it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

It's only a matter of time before the terrorist state of Israel learns it lesson and pays for it's last 6 decades of tyranny.

I mean really, Israel is the obvious aggressor in all of this. They need to stop playing the victim role to justify their Zionist agenda, only the fools fall for it now days. No one else is buying it.

So much hate...and stupidity.

Last time I checked, there are and were plenty of tyrrants in the are, but man, Israel?You comapre Assad that killed tens of thousand of his OWN people with Israel? Or Ghadaffi, who did the same also with his OWN people? Or Mubarrak, who, DUH, did the same, tho on a smaller scale?Or Iran ? Pakistan maybe? Saudi arabi and Jordan distatorial kingdoms? Yemen ?

I know that you blindly hate Israel because, well, you just read only arab and russian propaganda.However, you should know where the tyrrants were and are now.

Oh, you were probably talking about that population called palestians? They don't have any rights there, they did not or were existed as country/nation, they kill eachother more often than Israel does IN SELF DEFENCE.

Tyrrany? Sure, you just mistakenly wrote "Israel" instead "Syria" or "Iran".

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector

So much hate...and stupidity.

Last time I checked, there are and were plenty of tyrrants in the are, but man, Israel?You comapre Assad that killed tens of thousand of his OWN people with Israel? Or Ghadaffi, who did the same also with his OWN people? Or Mubarrak, who, DUH, did the same, tho on a smaller scale?Or Iran ? Pakistan maybe? Saudi arabi and Jordan distatorial kingdoms? Yemen ?

I know that you blindly hate Israel because, well, you just read only arab and russian propaganda.However, you should know where the tyrrants were and are now.

Oh, you were probably talking about that population called palestians? They don't have any rights there, they did not or were existed as country/nation, they kill eachother more often than Israel does IN SELF DEFENCE.

Tyrrany? Sure, you just mistakenly wrote "Israel" instead "Syria" or "Iran".

So much hate and stupidity?...No

Nice to see you are buying into the Assad propaganda. Yes I admit he is in the middle of a brutal crack down but you must not forget about the terrorist FSA who are the ones causing the majority of the conflict therefore are the most responsible for the civilian deaths. Assad was one of the few Middle East leaders actually trying to make his country a better place before the "rebellion" began last year.

Israel has been practicing systematic genocide for decades and you want to single out assad

Iran isn't that bad a place to live, and yes Saudi Arabia is a real # hole ran by some real tyrants who are backed by Israel and the US.

If regime change was about human rights and freedom, Saudi Arabia would be one of the first targets.

Israel wants the Euphrates to the Nile and they will not stop until they get it.

Lucky for them good ole Uncle Sam is there to carry them.

Your "Palestine/Palestinians never existed" rant will be left alone for now since it's so far off topic. It's what you pro-zionists do, derail threads with sensitive topics that are difficult to ignore once mentioned.

Israel has had it's eye on Syria for years. They even attacked Syria a few years ago. They just went and bombed a Syrian "nuclear installation" that was never proven to be true. That could be a declaration of war, yet Syria kept it's cool because they don't want war. The only people who want war in the ME are the Zionists who run Israel. I just pity the good people in Israel and surrounding countries that must pay consequence to this conquest of epic proportions.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It will never happen but I will let you know what will occur. Damascus is going to be destroyed , Iran will have its peoples scattered then Israel will be surrounded by Muslim brotherhood like minded countries and thy will all be destroyed by God himself , Israel will not have to lift a finger .

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Israel does WHAT???

A "systematic genocide"??? For DECADES???

What population or nation or race was the target of this "genocide"? Palestinians? May i remind you that in Gaza in 1890 there were about 100,000 people living there.Today, there are almost 3 MILLIONS.

I won't call THIS genocide.I am not calling the syrian crackdown genocide either.BUT in the last century, ARABS killed MORE arabs than Israel did with Plasetinians and ALL of their wars.Like 20 times more.

15,000 dead in Syria? 20,000? Soem say 15, some say 20, some say 30.Even syrians acknowledge over 12,000 dead since March 2011.Israel operation Cast Lead : some 2,000 dead.Intifadas : some 1,000 dead.Terror attacks in Israel : some 1,200 dead.Victims in Israeli wars : some 5,000.That is a GRAND total of about 9,000-10,000 dead SINCE fcking 1948.

10,000 dead in 64 years VS 15,000 dead in 16 months.

You do the math and see who is doing the "genocide" here.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Israel does WHAT???

A "systematic genocide"??? For DECADES???

What population or nation or race was the target of this "genocide"? Palestinians? May i remind you that in Gaza in 1890 there were about 100,000 people living there.Today, there are almost 3 MILLIONS.

Let the pictures do the talking:

Scroll this way>>>>

This following picture is you and your fellow Israel supporters in this thread.

Here is a film that shows Israel's genocidal/apartheid ways:

Go spread your propaganda elsewhere, now get back on topic please.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Are you for real man?

You present a FAKE map (fake because the green side was NOT Palestine as a STATE, but Palestine as a TERITORY) with the established State of Israel in 1948.Than, after wars, with Israel being victorious they TOOK pices of land from those that ATTACKED them.

What you do here maybe works for stupids.It is, firstly, a FAKE map with a non-existed state/nation, was just a teritory splitted between Israel administration and Jordan administration. A TERITORY, not a COUNTRY, and secondly...where the f.u.c.k is the genocide? Israel "killed" a land
)))))) ?.

You should really read a dictionary and see what "genocide" means.And after you read that, come here and explain how there are like 8,5 million palestinians now compared to 500k in 1890 (3,8 millions being INSIDE Gaza, West bank and Israel).A 16 TIMES more population increase does NOT means genocide.Genocide is the killing and TOTAL dismantling of indian-americans or boshmans.Genocide is what happend in countries like Sudan, Chad or Sierra Leone.

As for palestinians? Genocide MY A.S.S.

If you have had use the word "expulsion" I would had nothing to say.Palestinians (as people, minority, population - NOT NATION) were expulsed started with 1948.Up until Israel's TOTAL retreat from Gaza, they didn't even had a teritory lived only by them.Not even BEFORE 1948.There were PLENTY of israelis living withing Gaza and West Bank.

What the palestinians have now compared to 1890 ? First, they are numbering 8,5 million (with 3,7 million inside Gaza, West Bank and Israel), secondly, they have an ARMED police, third, they are 100% rule in Gaza and fourth, they need only ONE THING to become a state : recognize Israel.

So, where is the genocide.They are now 16 times more people than 120 years ago.There is no genocide.Stop reading arab and bolshevic propaganda.Read some statistics, even palestinian ones.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Recollector because: .

edit on 30-6-2012 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Oh I forgot.About your other pictures.

A british passport? Ty, you should NOT have posted that picture.That alone states that Palesttine ( as ANYONE KNOW ) was always a TERITORY under different administrations (ottoman, syrian, british, jordanian or israeli).

A picture presenting Palestine map with the words "HOLY LAND".Sure it is a holy LAND.It just NOT a holy COUNTRY.

Look.Just present me ANY EVIDENCE of a Palestinian NATION or COUNTRY, not land, teritory, population, tribe, etc.Only ONE evidence about either Palestine as a COUNTRY or a NATION.Should be easy, because you are one of the MOST fervent anti-israelis on ATS.

And if you STILL beleive in "genocide", give ONE EVIDENCE that a genocide occured in Israel (maybe with pictures of palestian mass-graves after israeli killing hundreds and thousand of them, or maybe with picture of palestinians doing force labor, or maybe pictures with gas chambers where rows of palestinians enter and don't come out).

You know, SOMETHING that can be labeled as genocide.Sorry about the above similarities of what NAzis did with Jews.But was necesary for you to understand differences.That WAS a genocide.

Btw, I live in Romania, on father side, my grand-grand father was greek, my grand-grand mother romanian and on mother side all were romanians.I do not have any jew blood in my venes.Just so you understand that i am not defending Israel because of some genetic reasons.

I am defending them because EVEN WITH ALL THE WARS they been it (some started by others), EVEN WITH ALL the killing they did in Intifadas, or Operation Cast Lead, Israel is STILL BETTER than any of the Arab nations (the arabs did #LOAD much more killing and soemtimes genocide against arabs or others).I am defending them because of what my grand-mother told me about them (they had a comunity in northern Romania), how they GAVE to their romanian neighbours food for free (in times on WW1&WW2), how the jew shop owners gave food and other stuff for credit, without asking an interes.

The Jews in Romania, as a minority, RESPECTED us.They always treated us like equals even if like all of them were much more richer than romanians.This is WHY I don't buy the "evil Israel" propaganda.This and because NOBODY YET presented ANY EVIDENCE of a Paalestinian state or nation.Nobody yet presented any evidence of a genocide made by Israel.

Maybe YOU will be the FIRST ?
edit on 30-6-2012 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
And this is a surprise why???

I hope Israel gives them a good spanking if it encroaches..

It would be good to see Assad become had-ass..

top topics

join