It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My understanding of "The Law of Attraction"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Okay so I probably didn't put this in the correct place but forgive me. Mods please relocate if necessary.

So I have seen threads about people asking about the "Law of Attraction" and asking whether its real.. There are the naysayers and the believers.. Just like anything else.

Well I believe that the "Law of Attraction" is greatly misunderstood. Marketing has you believing that if you close your eyes and imagine it and one day you will have it.. Not true, but to some degree it is.

The degree I'm talking about is the subconscious thoughts, not affecting the world around you but affecting the actions you take. Lets say you want to make $100 and you think about it but its kinda on the back burner of your mind. Eventually while lightly thinking about it you will notice a way to make this $100 and attack your chance. You have to remember people can walk into a hotel.. Sit there for an hour.. And not even remember what color the couch was (men who stare at goats reference ^^).. So the meaning of what I'm trying to say is opportunity is actually all around us.. But we are all so in our own little zone that we don't know whats going on. But if we shift our focus to something we will start subconsciously looking for these things.

Now an example for me to give to you is weight gain/lose. I fluctuate anywhere from 145-165, and it happens during phases. For instance when I am in my 165 weight zone I start noticing whatever activities I've been doing the whole time and basically say to myself, "Hey, you're losing weight". The thing about this is I actually let myself believe it.. No asking people no need to reconfirm it by stepping on the scale everyday (even though I still weighed 165 that day I told myself that) and say 5-6 weeks later I weigh 145. The same exact thing happens when I gain weight. Eating habits do not change on a conscious level. Meaning I don't say "Hmm which will be less fattening?..".. I just happen to eat a certain way without noticing.

Well this "Law of Attraction" is actually in the movie Fight Club if you really think about it. The whole "No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter, truly slide."

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Interestig... I think the LOA works like this....You get a random thought, or you see something on tv, like scuba diving. You've never done it. But it looks fun. So you start thinking about it. Then you decide, I'm gonna watch some youtube videos. That mght lead to booking lessons, and or a trip. Then you go out and you finally try it. It's like one thing leads to another to another to another.

But what some people do is this. They actually think like this.... "I'll have a million dollars next week I know it!!!"

Well if it doesn't show up don't be surprised. I don't want to be a doubting Thomas but it's so rare that things just randomly show up by just believing that they will. If it were that easy you woudn't need a visa card. You still have to go out and do something most of the time.

I've tried only believing and that rarely works. I've tried not believing at all but by simple doing some action I got well beyond what I would have ever dreamed possible. Case in point. I'm pretty much broke right now. I can afford my rent for 1 more month then I'm out of coin. And so I was thinking about this last week, that how did I fall so far. I use to have so much now I have nothing. And I was piecing it all together. And I one major item stood out as the cause. I wasn't working on anything, I hadn't been doing anything for a long time to make any money. Meanwhile my creditors had come in hard and stole most everything. But the main point is I haven't been working and therefore I'm broke. Like it's not rocket sceience here or LOA. It's real life, cause and effect, plain and simple.

So I think the old saying holds true,... action speaks louder than words. Try applying LOA plus ACTION. That's what actually makes LOA work.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Of course action is the most important part ^^. Even looking for what your after is action.

The old quote.

"Dont judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant"

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm giving it a try.

For two years now my husband and I have tried to conceive. We have one child, which was a miracle bc I've been told by numerous doctors that I would never get pregnant. My son was a very happy surprise!

So this month I'm meditating on my child to be. I treat it as a done deal. I've even had the notion that I'll have twins, a boy and a girl.

Of course, the obvious danger is that I get my hopes up and nothing happens. I know that's a possibility, but what do I have to lose?

I'll let everyone know what happens, but I honestly believe. So we will see.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

In addition to visualizaton I have heard the accupuncture can help tremendously with this. Best of luck.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well when you get the news message me

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Someone should come out with a book or movement called "The Law of Repulsion". That's what a lot of people are good at doing right now.

new topics

join