It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Turn In Your Guns At Your Local Church"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Source 1
Source 2

The first link is a commentary by Chuck Baldwin on an event held last weekend in Chicago. Surprisingly, I agree with a good portion of what he says. Especially something I have tried to draw attention to repeatedly. "Faith Based Initiatives".

virtually no pastor whose church is receiving federal "faith based initiative" taxpayer monies would take a public stand for the Second Amendment under those conditions. Count on it. So maybe you should also ask your pastor if your church is receiving federal "faith based initiative" monies. All over America, literally thousands of churches are accepting federal tax dollars to help support their daycare centers, their after-school programs, their "Christian" schools, their food banks, etc.

Romans Chapter 13 anyone?

This is what it's all about folks. Leaders of the church numbering in the tens of thousands selling out, not only their own congregations, but the rest of us as well. But one still must ask the question. Are these church leaders really sell-outs? Or have they been coerced?

Truthfully, think about the absurdity of this gun turn-in program. As one reader noted, think of the money gun thieves will make on this program. As any tenured lawman knows, most guns are stolen to resell in order to get the money to purchase drugs, booze, sex, etc. Some are used in crimes, sure. But most are used for the purpose of making a buck. Imagine a gun thief who has perhaps 50 or 60 stolen guns in his possession: that guy has just made a small fortune OFF THE TAXPAYERS. Remember, there are "no questions asked." And since the cops in Chicago seem to be doing this annually, how many gun thieves are stealing guns all year long and just saving up for the big payout, or how many start a gun-stealing frenzy just before the anticipated gun turn-in program? $100 for a stolen gun is often a higher bid than what the thief would get on the street. What a deal!

Absurdity? I think the next comment from one of his readers says it better.

"WOW. BOTH police and CHURCHES turning traitor against the Constitution."

This is a commentary worth reading IMO. Chuck makes some good points. I may not agree with this man's faith, but he seems to have a handle on the 2nd Amendment, and the total whacked out political madness this really is.

From the original news article:

CHICAGO (CBS) — Using the lure of $100 gift cards, the Chicago Police Department is encouraging people to get guns out of their homes and turn them in this Saturday, during the annual gun turn-in program. As WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser reports, the Police Department is partnering with 20 churches..

edit on 6/28/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/28/2012 by Klassified because: add

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
No thanks.

2nd

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
OK, will do. Thanks for the heads up. HG as well?

Oh BTW, just saying >u

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Non-believer here.

I think I'll take a pass on this one.

-SC

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I can be counted on to say....

"NO"

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
oh no, the church is building their arsenal in preporation to the coming false flag event

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
what?? I'm in the market to buy one! why would I go turn it in?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

DAmn, I need to build a church in Chicago and I could start a militia!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGrunt

DAmn, I need to build a church in Chicago and I could start a militia!

I think there are some online religious sects that give ordination papers online freely...so you can not only become a reverend but also opt out of social security... win-win

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Surprisingly, I see no problem with it for the most part. If people want to turn weapons in for a small profit, that's their decision. Nobody is actually taking anything away from anybody.However, there is one small problem. Is there going to be a database of serial numbers for the weapons being turned over and destroyed (I'm assuming the intent of the receivers of said firearms)? It's already proven that government entities have a hard time with the safe and lawful handling of firearms. Although it's not my intention to be negative, I would find it imperative that all implied firearms are thoroughly documented. We certainly don't want another F&F on our hands. Or do we?
edit on 28-6-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
what?? I'm in the market to buy one! why would I go turn it in?

Turn in junk guns that you can usually find in the chicago river or hudson river with a magnet. Ching ching! Lmao.

Guns save life recently did similar.

Or set up a table next to them offering 120 for guns...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Hmmm, thinking, thinking, thiiiinnnkkiinnngggg, uhm NO!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
we could always go and stand out side said churches and offer more money for the better weapons.
Bought a lot of nice stuff out side pawn shops.pawn shop give you $20 for nice guitar I'd give them $100 works all the time makes pawn shop owners mad though

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Those who turn their swords into plows will plow for those who don't.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Gun culture in America needs to change. They are offing each other at the tune of 10.000 each year. Half that many Americans bit the dust in Vietnam during the war years. Only just over 2000 Americans died on Omaha beach.

I am all for having guns, in an organized effective militia, which can take on an invasion, or take on an corrupt goverment, which turned against the people. That means a well balanced arsenal. That means assault rifles and not concealable weapons. And it means keeping the guns the F+ck locked up in times of peace or when there is no training. The Swiss have the right idea. Military service is mandatory and after that you keep the rifle you trained with.

Too many Americans treat guns as a hobby and toys and dont count on the goverment to steer it all in the right direction, they rather look for excuses to assault the 2nd. So its up to ordinary Americans to clean up their messed up gun (un)culture.

top topics

join