It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

exactly which part of poor people cant afford it, dont you understand?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
LWhat the # is wrong with this country? When I was born in 1978 a man with no highschool diploma could still work and take care of his family, while mom stayed home with the kids. Since then, the price of everything has gone up by factors, yet the average income has steadily declined. Now, after most of us can barely get by at all even with mom and dad working( and I am not talking about saving so I can retire at 50, I will never be able to stop working, that's the kind of poor I am talking about, so if you own 2 homes or are planning to retire early save your comments, you do not know what I am talking about, your part of the problem, you think everyone makes 100k a year or they are just lazy if they don't.) They decide that well I mean everyone has an extra $600 a month per person in their household, we should make them get health insurance, then we won't have to keep spending our hard earned money to pay for them. Well look morons, news flash, you guys are the ones that own everything, and employ all of us, try paying a living wage and see if more poor people don't go out and buy insurance.

Save the rediculous, "ya but poor people will get vouchers" arguements. Ya thanks, I'm not poor enough, or getting a hard enough time yet, I know force me to have to go stand in your lines all day and lose a day of much needed incomejust so they can inform me how I was in the wrong line all day. Hey I know, all you upper middle class lib types, you go stand in one governement line once and tell me it is an experience I should want to have. That's the reason I don't try to get welfare, I shouldn't have to jump threw hoops for days and weeks just to get help if I need it. I work 6 days a week every week, I shouldn't need help in the first place.

Before any of you start to try your arrogant " I deserve to have many times more than some people because I worked hard to get it" retoric, save it. We have all worked hard, some of us very much so. As a matter of fact, I will bet my measly little $ 1600 income next month that I absolutely need to survive against $1 of yours that I am at least as intelligent and capable as you are, if not more so, in any catagory you want to name. Only difference is some of us don't get as lucky as others, or maybe we just don't get the same opportunities. Whatever the case I guarantee I have worked at least as hard as you have.

Looks like I will have to be the to stand up and say no more, I didn't want it to be me, but I am out of options. I won't be a part of their overly intrusive poor relief program, and I will not pay for this stupid piece of hits bill, they can try to make me, but you can't squeeze blood out of a turnop, and they can't force me to stand in their line so they tell me I have to jump threw their hoops.

edit on Thu Jun 28 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The point is the system is designed to price services too high for people, to kill jobs and opportunities, to put people in to poverty, to hook them on entitlements, and then the next step is to force them to perform manual labor for those entitlements.

At that point, I imagine all of the people crying about helping the poor are going to have a wake up call and realize that their liberal-minded programs were actually Fascist/Communist-minded programs to protect the ultra wealthy and provide them with little toy-people to do whatever they wish with.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

Well, if a poor person is dumb enough to reject the Medicaid offered to them, probably free, and pay the penalty then that is their own fault. What is so hard to understand about that?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
OP, trust me i feel your frustration....

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76

Well, if a poor person is dumb enough to reject the Medicaid offered to them, probably free, and pay the penalty then that is their own fault. What is so hard to understand about that?

obviously, this whole thing is not ONLY about Medicaid...this is the type of response the OP is talking about...the arrogance is disgusting..

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I agree about the jumping through hoops part. Here in Canada, it's much easier for a "new-Canadian" to receive help than one who has lived here their whole life.

My mom suffered an injury which left her unable to work. After a year of jumping through their hoops, she's FINALLY on Disability, but that amounts to a measly $600/month to live off of. I don't know about you, but I routinely spend more that $600/month on groceries alone. If it wasn't for OSAP (student assistance), I would be on welfare as well. As it stands, once I graduate college, I will owe about 12,000 to the government. Which will take me years to pay off, since I'll only be making about $15 an hour.

Ahhhh the life of a slave....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

And you will do what I say boy!
(just kidding?)

The whole thing is nonsense. I think it's a conspi...tactic they are using so people will vote for Romney. There's a better chance to go to war with Romney. Obama is just being difficult and slowing things down.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, I earn my money with my skills and knowledge. I earn much. You can do that, too.
Higher grade means higher skills so this all comes down to learning something.

Its not ok that a construction worker, who works really hard for his money with his body, earns so low cash, I agree with you on that. But if you want to earn much money, you need special skills. You need to be a person that is not replaceable so easy. Then you are a asked person, thus you get more money.

The reason for this, is that every day, new technologies/branches evolve and you need people with the skills in it to do it. You cannot tell an electrican who works on constructions sites to plan a machine that will CNC steel or whatever with precision. You need people with specialized skills. While there are not much of them, compared to construction workers, you get higher payment. Simply as that.

link   
I know people that survived on the street for over 25 yrs without an income and in a cold winter climate to boot. The human spirit has always found a way.

link   
Their intended results will be noticed after many years.
It's a step by step method of total financial domination.

Those of us born in the 60s-80s, who own our own homes, will end up dying soon after our total accumulated wealth is dried up paying for medical services. Our children won't be inheriting much after the estate is picked dry.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
The whole thing is nonsense. I think it's a conspi...tactic they are using so people will vote for Romney. There's a better chance to go to war with Romney. Obama is just being difficult and slowing things down.

I agree with you. I think Obama's usefulness ran out and this stunning opinion is meant to rile up Republicans. I turned on the GOP talk radio afterward and it was all "now its time to stop wondering about who to vote for, whether the election matters, its time to get fired up and vote for Romney! Hurrah!"

I think lots of people in the GOP and Romney included are very happy with this decision. Anything that empowers the Federal Government empowers them and they love it. People are nothing but numbers and toys to be moved around on a game-board. Kill a few, impoverish a few -- all under the guise of helping them. Its just psychology. Tell a guy you're going to help him find a job and you can take all of the money he has left and he'll probably thank you for trying.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

its the same in the uk, my dad lost his job a year ago and has been on benefits since, which is not enough to live on anyway so he has used all of his savings to keep up to date with rising bills and food costs. now they have stopped that and are expecting him to live for 12 weeks on an income of £0 with total savings of £0.

this makes me so angry when you consider that hes been paying tax and National insurance for the last 40 years, but someone who moved to the country recently and has paid no contributions to either tax or NI can apply for benefits straight away no questions asked

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I completely agree. Regardless of someone's qualifications, we have become a fascist country and your role is chosen for you. Yes, we are told different, but this system has never reflected what they teach us it is.
I too have worked 60-70 hour weeks, for crap wages, no health benefits because these big companies have ensured ways to make loopholes in every piece of legislation to ensure if anyone gets screwed it's the masses of those who have no voice. Of course this is not the case for everyone, I am referring to private-sector employees who do not qualify for some special treatment through government legislation (it's all controlled).

That's the reason I don't try to get welfare, I shouldn't have to jump threw hoops for days and weeks just to get help if I need it. I work 6 days a week every week, I shouldn't need help in the first place.

Yep, if they can make such conditions through burdensome regulations/restrictions and taxes to cause a large segment to rely on the government for basic needs, they then have a population they can control.
That is the objective.

Looks like I will have to be the to stand up and say no more, I didn't want it to be me, but I am out of options. I won't be a part of their overly intrusive poor relief program, and I will not pay for this stupid piece of hits bill, they can try to make me, but you can't squeeze blood out of a turnop, and they can't force me to stand in their line so they tell me I have to jump threw their hoops.

What do you think they will mandate when they feel they have enough people on the government dole? I suspect they will force these people into mandated labor programs to continue the benefits that barely cover their existence. Who would not see making people who are not employed work for what they receive right? Could it possibly lead to slave labor? Just a guess on my part. I see there is a push to guide as many people as possible into receiving government-controlled benefits. Each program has some right removed from the citizen in order to receive something from a social program (nothing is free in the end). Perhaps a people who might protest these things will just be labeled terrorists...since that's how this system has been responding to criticism. Just a thought.

Awesome topic too btw. cheers!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

I assure you sir, I am many things but "dumb" isn't one of them. I also notice you show your complete ignorance of the subject. By avoiding the subject and reverting to name calling you only show me that you are more than likely one of the afor mentioned upper middle class lib types. It also appears I struck a nerve perhaps, sorry if the truth stings. However, every single syllable I have written, is the truth from where I am standing.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Had to join just to respond to your post "AMEN, Brother"!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

Nice attitude! Oh by the way, Most people who try to work and keep a roof over their families heads, DO NOT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID!!!

Your ignorance is absolutely astounding to even make such a comment!

"IF A POOR PERSON IS DUMB ENOUGH>>>>>"

How about the "poor person" who is working two or three jobs to just feed their family?????? YET! They make two much money to get medicaid????? This happens every day to thousands of people!! I guess your answer is to swell up the welfare roles so that you can jump on your soapbox and slam them for living off of you??

You need a serious wake up call! Maybe for now you don't have to worry about your finances,, but I hope the day comes where I get to see you on ATS whining about how you can't make ends meet!!

DENY IGNORANCE INDEED!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
OP,

I know money is tight, but have you considered going back to school and training for a new career? There are countless grants available that might help. I'm a teacher on summer break, I'd be happy to do some searching for you.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I know how you must feel, my widowed friend wound up in the hospital or 3 weeks had to go to a rehab center,got at at least $2,000 dollars in medical bills now after a fall and fractured wrist, and now tried to get Medicaid for the first time in her life, ( she only worked for 47 years, and was finally laid off in 2008 because of the recession) tried to get some relief, she makes too much in gross, on Social Security by just $3.00 over the limit got told her income was too high, after rent on and utilities, she has a whole $171.00 to play with for the month. My, my even the genuinely poor can't get a break. We can't afford no stinking Health Insurance.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The point is the system is designed to price services too high for people, to kill jobs and opportunities, to put people in to poverty, to hook them on entitlements, and then the next step is to force them to perform manual labor for those entitlements.
reply to post by ararisq

I love seeing what I tried to write, and done so perfectly.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite
As a matter of fact, I will bet my measly little $ 1600 income next month that I absolutely need to survive against $1 of yours that I am at least as intelligent and capable as you are, if not more so, in any catagory you want to name.

I choose SPELLING category because you cannot spell "category".

Please send cheque to nerbot.
Your "measly little $1600 income" would last me about 6 months.

I don't think you struggle because you don't have the income, I think you've made some wrong choices and are blaming others for them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join