It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several British Banks under Government Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The Chancellor George Osborne confirmed that Barclays, HSBC, RBS, Citigroup and UBS are under investigation regarding price fixing with regards to the interest rate on money that they lend to each other.

They're calling for CEO of Barclays to resign.

Given the fact that RBS is owned in large part by the British taxpayer, shouldn't they be asking for the Prime Minister (or at least the Chancellor) to resign, too ?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I see that headline and I know the inevitable outcome of this agenda. Bank consolidation!! Moving (and hiding) money through corruption will so much easier..!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Oh right well thank goodness for that, problem solved.

Second.

P.S. No offence to you OP, you're lovely

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My best guess is that the investigation and then inquiry will take 20 years to render a verdict...

However on a brighter note it might only take 10 years

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i would say to not trust banks and keep all of your money in your house, but you can get into serious trouble for having large amounts of cash in your house. its almost as if the whole system is made to keep the rich rich and the poor poor...... but thats just me being paranoid i suppose lol

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
but you can get into serious trouble for having large amounts of cash in your house.

i agree we should start keeping money in our homes or squirreled away. i just wonder when you mention in trouble do you mean trouble as in
'the risk of a break in and the money stolen?'
or
trouble as in the law - as as far as i know the only way you can get in trouble for large ammounts of money in your home is if there's drugs found, copy dvds ect and if you dont have wage slips to back it up.

in regards to the OP, i should be suprised but i'm not ....people in power become more greedy, they will just put another guy in the CEO's place and he'll issue an apology and more empty promises.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
both i suppose, although i meant with the law. if the police (in the UK) find more than 10 000 in your home and you cant explain were it came from then you can be accused of all sorts of things. and lets face it, a simple 'i saved it coz i dont trust the bank' probably wont cut it as an explanation.

top topics

join