It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Springheel Jack is back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
there has been a new sighting of this elusive charecter .There have been sightings of him all over the world sincthe 19th century

The article www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
there has been a new sighting of this elusive charecter .There have been sightings of him all over the world sincthe 19th century

The article www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk...

I found his boots once,

Had to use them to escape a crime scene, cause diving down a sewer hurts without them.

eta:proof

edit on 28-6-2012 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2012 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Iconic

Great game (never did finish the shivering isles)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Very interesting. This guy seems to remain healthy and vigorous through the centuries.

It is ofcourse also fully possible that it is not the same being but merely several beings of the same race/species, whatever that is.

However, the article says that the last recorded sighting of him were made in 1986; Do they mean in England or in the World?
If they meant the World, then that is incorrect, as the last(atleast that I am aware of) sighting of "Jack" were in 2005. I think in Akron, Ohio, and were also confirmed by the Police that on one of those occasions tried to follow the figure, although it was too fast for them and climbed over a wall of a house and disappeared, if I recalls it correctly.

It is also interesting that some if this being's features is reported again and again; red glowing eyes, a very long chin and a long nose(In the cases any facial features are seen at all) and usally also quite tall.

In any case, a most interesting being.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
very curious about this spring heeled jack charactor i am?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Yes i think that was the last uk sighting but i know there were sightings in the us and australia at least since the 1980s
I agree this could be some sort of species also note the similarities to the Mothman

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well Oblivion aside, this is definitely one of the more intriguing 'supernatural type' characters out there, and one who had it's initial round of sightings quite close to my current house here in London. The Writer Mike Dash is definitely Skeptical of Jack's existence, asserting that he may have been either a bored aristocrat or little more than a complete fabrication created by the 'Penny Dreadful' magazines of the era. I think that may be a little over-simplistic though, especially in light of the recurring sightings of Jack and the other weird humanoids mentioned by John Keel and Charles Fort. The question becomes one of personal belief. Were people like our jumping Jack here - or even allied crazies such as the Mad Gasser of Matoon or the jelly drinking Men in Black - simply the product of media pre-programming and social stresses or something else?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Thought I'd link everyone up to Mike Dash's Uncon 2008 talk on old springy-boots, seeing as I mentioned it in the above post and neglected to do so there (that's link 1). Got a couple of additional links too, a brief history of Spring Heeled Jack (link 2), and Mike Dash's paper on the case (link 3).

(Link 1)
www.youtube.com...

(link 2)
www.youtube.com...

(Link 3)
www.mikedash.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I had heard that the Spring Heel Jack is an example of mass hysteria.Something similar had happened in Delhi about a monkey man with glowing red eyes.I don't know more about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There is also another very similar charecter Perak the spring man of Prague

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
im sorry but this is extremely silly...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I love these legends! Many years ago we had the Black Flash here on the Cape. It's a well-known legend around here:

blogs.forteana.org...

I'd love to see something like that.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

Thanks for that link never heard of the black flash before he does seem very similar to springheel jack

top topics

join