It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook actively censoring dissent on the healthcare ruling right now.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by backwherewestarted

Personally i think its MAD that you guys across the pond don't have free healthcare for everyone. If you can afford to spend over half a TRILLION dollars per year on war machines, you can afford to take care of your own without forcing them to pay - just my opinion!!!

You guys don't have "free" healthcare.

Yes we do. If you are referring to the tax we pay that effectively covers the cost, need i remind you that all persons who dont pay tax because of whatever reason get free healthcare, no UK citizen whether they pay tax or not will EVER get turned away in the UK

Those without still care and the rest of us have to pay for it. That is one reason health care here is so damn expensive. So expensive that people who are not poor do bother with insurance either because its to expensive. Its a never ending cycle that would end with only the very rich being able to afford it. Its just like all the people driving around without car insurance even though its the law. They cause and accident and the rest of pay with higher rates. Why the US is the only non third world country does not have universal heathcare is beyond me. A mix of big Pharm and Insurance company payoffs in congress and lost stupid Americans that think its bad I guess.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Personally i think its MAD that you guys across the pond don't have free healthcare for everyone. If you can afford to spend over half a TRILLION dollars per year on war machines, you can afford to take care of your own without forcing them to pay - just my opinion!!!

You guys don't have "free" healthcare.

Yes we do. If you are referring to the tax we pay that effectively covers the cost, need i remind you that all persons who dont pay tax because of whatever reason get free healthcare, no UK citizen whether they pay tax or not will EVER get turned away in the UK

As others have said, the same happens here, but we don't pay huge taxes in order to get it "free."

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

As others have said, the same happens here, but we don't pay huge taxes in order to get it "free."

Actually, we pay more in taxes in the US towards health care than most people in countries with free healthcare.

The United States had the fourth highest level of government health care spending per capita ($3,426), behind three countries with higher levels of GDP per capita: Monaco, Luxembourg, and Norway.

Health Care in the United States

So besides Monaco, Luxembourg and Norway, we pay more in taxes than any countries with socialized healthcare. Then we have to buy private insurance on top of it.

jrmcleod, who lives in Scotland, is paying a smaller portion of his taxes towards healthcare than you and I are in the US. And he gets to see the doctor for free. No matter how you look at it, their system works better than ours.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

We do.. it's called wellfare and general hospitals. Now why would I want to be double billed for something I'm already paying taxes on? So now since this passed, I will no longer have to fund public hospitals too? Will the prices go down? probably not. So whats the point? I already have healthcare. I PAY for it. So now I have to pay for my own, and someone elses too? I have a problem with giving other people money who are too damn lazy to get off their own asses and work for it.

Ya know... I think I will just go ahead, quit my job, live on foodstamps and buy pot with my ebt card. Screw it. Why should I work? Everyone else is getting a free ride. I hate getting up in the morning like everyone else, so ya know what.. This only pushes me to live off of someone elses dime for a while.

Screw it.. I think I will. Thanks for making me see the light obama....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by jrmcleod

You can NEVER be turned away here either, it's already a law. Just another point that makes this mandate nothing but a tax.
I have already been censored and it was on this site even though I was just responding to someone's comment. Oh well, at least ATS is following Obama policy.

I was always under the impression that although you cant ever be turned away in the US, all they need to do is get you to a stable condition, at which point they stop treatment (without insurance).

Maybe i'm wrong though

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I pay 20% of my salary, roughly. That covers me and my whole family (children or nonworking). I pay a NI contribution for my state pension. It roughly works out at around £350 per month. That pays my healthcare - no matter what happens and the cost of it, my pension when i retire which will be about £400 per month, Police service, Fire Brigade, Ambulance Service. I also pay Council Tax at a rate of around £150 per month. That pays for my children's schooling, street lighting, rubbish collection, sewage, water, council services. I am quite happy earning £2000-£3000 per month and paying £500 of it for all the above services.

Its the other taxation in the UK that is the problem such as VAT and Fuel Duty.

Whether or not i have to pay for someone else is irrespective. Living in a society where we help each other no matter what the problems is the right thing to do.

Maybe one day it will be you who is homeless or job less with a family who need medical treatment, then you will be grateful for those who "pay for the lazy people"...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join