It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea USO: 3D Sonar reveals perfectly straight lines and angles embedded into the structure

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
An artist's depiction of what the object looks like(Please use tumbnail to not miss noticing the divers in the pic, to fully appreciate its actual size);

Almost looks like a plug of some kind. Someone is going to mess around and release the kraken..

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Arken

At least this story is beginning to get interesting now!! The electronic equipment failing within 200 meters of this thing, and now these awesome details!!

Thanks Arken! This might just be the biggest story we have ever heard about!!

IF, things all add up to what it is looking like so far anyways.....

S&F Arken....Great thread

The only thing that makes it interesting is that some people believe all of this. I think they are just making up stories to keep they audience entertained and breathlessly awaiting the TV premier of the "Baltic Yahoos" reality comedy show.

Just another totally pointless and stupid thread.

I don't normally like black or white thinking but,.....

You are either a government shill, paid to post in onlone forums such as this, and do your best to sway public opinion/ derail,mock,and ridicule any thread which has the potential of waking the masses and creating a national security threat.

OR

You are a very fearful person who sees this as something soooo threatening to their fragile worldview which theatens to totally uproot all of your deeply held, firmly planted beliefs and makes a mockery of everything you always thought you knew. This MUST NOT be true and you will do anything and EVERYTHING to allow yourself to keep your head buried in the sand.

Which one are you?

I DO NOT forget A holes who just think they can let # fall out of their mouths with ZERO consequence or accountability.
As this continues to unfold I WILL make references to your assanine post and position and I will KEEP making references to your assanine post until you beg me to stop. You will eat your words whether you like it or not. Hope you've got plenty of ketchup.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

You do nothing to help the ATS stereo-type by accusing somebody of being a paid shill, just hilarious. How DARE somebody criticize this story..
edit on 28-6-2012 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Leave me alone a man can dream

The way they describe it makes it sound like a giant fossilized imprint in silt. The area that was compressed fossilizes and slightly hardens the sediments under it. The weaker silt washes away leaving the harder compacted stuff. The stuff they describe around it I can't explain.
edit on 28-6-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: cruds

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
lol at the crettin saying this is not about aliens or ufos. its about a rock.....

No..... to be precise, its about whats inside the rock

Do you know what rock is?

Ooh ooh, me me me!

Rock is something that doesn't disrupt electrical equipment when you go over it!?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Do they know if the material that makes up this anomaly is chalk?

If so, it somewhat resembles natural stone formations found in Turkey and Egypt.

jammin.smugmug.com...

This area was once dry land...and could simply be a now submerged natural rock formation.
I certainly hope not, though. I would love this to be a submerged temple or tomb from an ancient lost culture.

I think it has already been established that it is not metal (either terrestrial or extra-terrestrial), so we can probably rule out an alien craft.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
lol at the crettin saying this is not about aliens or ufos. its about a rock.....

No..... to be precise, its about whats inside the rock

Do you know what rock is?

Ooh ooh, me me me!

Rock is something that doesn't disrupt electrical equipment when you go over it!?

Magnetite is the most magnetic of all the naturally occurring minerals on Earth.
When present in large quantities it possibly could disrupt electronics.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

It reminded me of how it attacks my metal detectors. It clings and disrupts the signals.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Star & Flag for every single "Baltic Sea Anomaly" thread, and you know why? Cause I would rather spend my time reading about these so called "natural rock formations" than wasting my time on useless pix-elated videos/photos of orbs/lanterns/bases on the moon/mars etc...

I don't care if it is in the right forum or not, we shall see when things unfold in the future, then we can move it even to the hoax bin if proven to be fakery (invented word). Until then keep the new infos coming.

Personally I am wishing for some kind of ancient advanced civilization that we never knew of. And no, not alien but earthly.

For me there is no point discussing the existence of aliens, they exist, 100%. My proof: Humans exist, this is not a once of chance or coincidence. If we exist then there are more we's. Simple.

As to the baltic sea anomaly, I have to say that unfortunately I am not a diver and I have not any experiences whatsoever or any knowledge for that matter, so it is extremely hard to say what really is involved in such a project.

I would love to hear something from a diver, professionals preferred, just to tell me how hard it is to get down there and how many dives one could make in how many days. It would be great to know how much really such a project costs. These infos would help me understand how much there is hyping going on.

To make a hype about something dull is not a genuine act, but hyping something that's spectacular is genuine enough for me. Some people expect the pure genuine human, who finds something cool and presents them straight away on a golden plate. Yes I would love someone to do this, but realistically the human history proves us that those people are rare, very rare these days.

I'd say, DIVERS, stand up and tell us something about the difficulties.

Thanks for reading.

StringTh

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Baltic Sea USO can be shortened to BS USO

USO? unidentified swimming object ? haha

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by bluestreak53

Leave me alone a man can dream

The way they describe it makes it sound like a giant fossilized imprint in silt. The area that was compressed fossilizes and slightly hardens the sediments under it. The weaker silt washes away leaving the harder compacted stuff. The stuff they describe around it I can't explain.
edit on 28-6-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: cruds

Hmmm. Fossilized clam shells? A sedimentary deposit - limestone or even chalk? Could be, could be. That would certainly be the "fossil find of the century".

But maybe Col. Hogan was subjected to torture by that evil Col. Klink, who has erased all Hogan knows about the "top secret" German research program to reverse engineer... the mighty flying saucers?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Even if it were an underground city, which I rather doubt, there is no reason to think it is Atlantis. Many cities under the ocean have been discovered - even huge ones. None of them were Atlantis. I think Atlantis may have existed.. maybe not. Plato did write fiction after all.
reply to post by fleabit

Sorry this is sort of off topic but just thought you might be interested ( if you haven't already seen it ) in a 'Timewatch' special called 'Atlantis: The Evidence'. It's presented by a Historian called Bettany Hughes.

She matches Plato's account of Atlantis to the massive eruption that devastated Thera, The Minoans and Crete.

A very small example: part of Plato's description of the aftermath of Atlantis sinking:

"...For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.”

What Plato described as mud, was apparently pumice, thrown out from the volcano. Can't remember the exact details - but I think she said it was 3ft thick and floated miles out to sea from the shore. A geologist in the area shows her the pumice layer on land, from the time of the eruption. Here's a link to her website:

www.bettanyhughes.co.uk...

I think the programme was originally aired a couple of years ago but it was shown again on BBC2 this week.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by StringTh

Thanks for reading.

StringTh

Well, depends on what equipment you have. If you had a Newtsuit, you could pop down there (260 foot depth), without any decompression stops, because its its 1 atmosphere.

But I think they are using more "regular tech diving gear", which requires decompression and limits your diving.

But they did say they have a sample of the "anomaly". I think that was several days back so presumeably they know its basic composition (by now).

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hang on a minute . hasnt it been porven that it was an organic "mushroom" of some sort? As posted by newcovenant HERE .

Apparently researchers and divers have decided the saucer shaped anomaly at the bottom of the Baltic Sea is some sort of organic growth, most likely a giant mushroom formation. They hacked a chunk off for analysis anyway. Here is a video from youtube posted recently detailing the dive and what findings they have so far. The video is subtitled but you have to expand full screen width to read it and even then.... it is kind of difficult to read.

this video
shows the "mushroom" somewhat clearly, through photos and videos made on THE FIRST DIVE.. contradicting the comments made that electrical equipment failed when within 200m of the object .
This story is getting more and more sketchy for details . Too many glorified lies and guesses. its a mushroom guys ..

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

Magnetite is the most magnetic of all the naturally occurring minerals on Earth.

Only for very short distances and would have to be a very strong field. I worked for a while in an aluminum smelter which has very strong magnetic fields that could screw up cell phones and such. But that effect died down very quickly. (within distance of a few feet I recall). Magnetite has a rather weak magnetic field.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by StringTh

Thanks for reading.

StringTh

Well, depends on what equipment you have. If you had a Newtsuit, you could pop down there (260 foot depth), without any decompression stops, because its its 1 atmosphere.

But I think they are using more "regular tech diving gear", which requires decompression and limits your diving.

But they did say they have a sample of the "anomaly". I think that was several days back so presumeably they know its basic composition (by now).

Thanks for that. I will make a research to see what type of diving equipments they use.

As to what material it is, I very much suspects that it is some sort of stone, I am more interested to know if it is natural or man-made.

From what they have been feeding us it sounds everything but a natural cause, but we shall see, I guess.

Thanks again for taking time and responding me.

StringTh

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Looking at the artists impression, it seems to me that the 'stem' is made of the same rocks/material that's on the sea bed. The top looks like a man-made roof. Perhaps it's a house/dwelling that was made from a natural crater with a roof put on, that was then submerged when sea levels rose. The hole they've found could be a chimney.

Mind you, I'm just thinking about a reply I posted to Fleabit about Plato's description of the sinking of Atlantis. The mud he described was apparently pumice, thrown out by the Theran volcanic eruption. It was near 3ft thick and floated on the ocean, like rafts.
SOooo, perhaps that 'mushroom' top is a big section of pumice that eventually sank and the circle of stones is where the survivors of the eruption had their fire, to cook fish they'd caught, whilst they were floating about looking where to land

ps. I know The Theran / Crete eruption was in the Mediterranean but who knows where you'd end up, floating about on a raft of pumice, with no oars.

edit on 28-6-2012 by aBeneGesserit because: I put 'Fleabite' instead of 'Fleabit'

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

200 feet is about .038 miles and if I'm reading correctly it says it rises about 40 feet up from the seabed so that is definitely large enough for a handful of humans to live / travel in.
edit on 28-6-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

USO stands for UNIDENTIFIED SUBMERGED OBJECT.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I found this article which might speak to the fact that this object is possibly made of concrete.

"However, a retired Swedish submarine officer, Anders Autellus, has proposed that the object is a German submarine trap from the Second World War, constructed to make navigation more difficult for Soviet submarines."

FULL ARTICLE:
voices.yahoo.com...

The article states that it looks to be made of multiple layers of concrete, placed directly in the middle of shipping lanes...and is designed to screw with sonar.

"Autellus thinks that the object may be constructed from double-skinned concrete for the purpose of holding large steel wire mesh structures, expected to disturb the propagation of radar and other signals used by any nearby submarines. During the decades after the war, the wire mesh structures would have eroded away, leaving only the holes shown on the images provided by Ocean X."

edit on 28-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: quote added

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTATMagnetite is the most magnetic of all the naturally occurring minerals on Earth.

Nah. Most especially nah at 300 feet distance. Static magnetic fields don't do squat to electronics, unless you're up to the level where the boat's going to be pulled under.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join