It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea USO: 3D Sonar reveals perfectly straight lines and angles embedded into the structure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
But artists impressions are all we've actually seen so far, apart from that sonar image and a couple of photos that show a nice arrangement of rocks.

My money says it's an ancient rockery!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Six threads on this just on the first page of this supposed Aliens and UFOs forum , the thing is neither an Alien nor a UFO ... I'm starting to think that this is a conspiracy , not the rock but the number of threads being allowed on the rock

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

reply to post by bluestreak53

You two are getting boring now, quit with the arguing. Please.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm very suspicious about this whole thing, and about the "Ocean X" team.

Can't place my finger on it yet though...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

But my mind is reminded of the face on mars baloney. Of all the hoaxes.

The face on mars wasn't so much a hoax. It was just misinterpreted when first viewed. You can't deny that it looked like a face. It was only when pictures where taken from a different angle that we realised that it was a trick of the light.

I know that some people still peddle the face thing but originally it wasn't an intended hoax, it was just a misconception. And understandably so.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

ask.abovetopsecret.com...

Come on man, there's only 6 threads about this on the first page of the Aliens & UFO's forum.
BTW, what does this have to do with aliens or UFO's?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
the thing is neither an Alien nor a UFO ...

Please clarify how you could possibly know this.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
lol at the crettin saying this is not about aliens or ufos. its about a rock.....

No..... to be precise, its about whats inside the rock

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
lol at the crettin saying this is not about aliens or ufos. its about a rock.....

No..... to be precise, its about whats inside the rock

Do you know what rock is?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is a case for H.P Lovecraft. This is going to be something, I can tell because the usual BS sensationalism is surrounding it. The ATS cattle arent making 90+ threads a day about it. I think and hope this is a long lost forgotten terrestrial civilization.
edit on 28-6-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

lol at the crettin saying this is not about aliens or ufos.

It surprises me not that you fell for this BS story hook line and ....

reply to post by Screwed

Please clarify how you could possibly know this.

Whats to clarify ? , Its been everything from the millennium falcon to a giant mushroom shaped rock , now its a rock with a hole in the middle and "perfectly straight lines and angles embedded into the structure"

Next week it'll probably be a stargate .

Its not Alien .. its a rock .
Its not a UFO ...Its a rock
What it could be is a bunch of treasure hunters stringing the world along for financial gain , and as was mentioned in one of the bazillion other threads they are probably monitoring places like ATS to see how their little jolly is getting on ...... Coming soon ... Baltic UFO the Movie

edit on 28-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Riiiight, you went on a little tangent there but you came no where near answering my question did you?

Again,
How could you possibly KNOW this?

This is the part where you say either

" because I WAS THERE and saw it with my own two eyes/ know one of the divers personally/have tested it myself etc"

OR

" ya know screwed, I really don't KNOW this 100%. What I meant to say was that I strongly SUSPECT that it has nothing to do with aliens,ufos, or ancient civilizations".

Which one are you going with?

I left out the third option which I suspect is what you'll go with.
We shall see.
Are you man enough to admit that you don't KNOW 100%????

If not then, I know all I need to know about your mentality,ego,and general level of reasoning and refuse to have a debate with such a person.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
This is a case for H.P Lovecraft. This is going to be something, I can tell because the usual BS sensationalism is surrounding it. The ATS cattle arent making 90+ threads a day about it. I think and hope this is a long lost forgotten terrestrial civilization.
edit on 28-6-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

Except the inhabitants of this long lost civilization are all dead. And all that is left of them is this one haunted outpost. And...

Their ghosts.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

(a scream)

www.youtube.com...

In 2011, a team of divers were searching for old wrecks, beneath the Baltic Sea. What they found...
would shock the world.

It was called, "the anomaly". Some thought it was put there by aliens, or Nazi scientists.
The truth, was too scary to tell. The government tried to hide the truth,

But they couldn't hide, the missing divers, the missing boat...

(a life preserver drifting in foggy water)

"The ANOMALY", coming to your screens, summer 2013.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Not sure if others have suggested this.
I'm hypothesizing it's a giant skeleton of some sea creature(an animal not a fungus) of earthly origin(keeping it simple, no need to bring up outer space)
I base my hypothesis on one subjective fact.
1. That I think it would be wicked cool if it were a giant skeleton of some sea creature.

Now it were from outer space that would be doubly wicked cool.

A Giant Dino-Crab perhaps!

edit on 28-6-2012 by dxdydz because: ugh changed "see" to "sea" I need to type more slowly and accurately.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So, how again are they sure there are compartments inside? Are they saying they were able to get that information from a surface sonar scan? Because that's what we call "a lie".

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dxdydz

I like you.
At least you have an imagination and admit that it COULD be anything.
YouHave a sense of humor too which is about all you CAN do is laugh sometimes cuz at the end of the day, NO ONE F ING KNOWS 100% what the damn thing is.

I think it could be ancient myself.
I often wonder if the ocean levels would drop several hundred feet, What in the HELL would we find?
It would probably shake our perceptions of the world we live in to the core.
God only knows what all is down there buried under several hundred feet of ocean and mud.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I get what your saying Gortex, but I think some of the confusion from your posts may be that the Ocean Explorer team has never expressly said that the entire anomaly is a rock or made from rock. At least not to my knowledge. They seem to purposefully call it an "object" which has formations of charred rocks on top of it. This is not to say that it isn't actually all rocks or one big rock with little charred rocks on top of it, but the Ocean Explorer group has not said that. This may very well be on purpose as to gain further publicity and draw it out, but it still stands, we don't know what the main "object" is, let alone what it is made out of, mainly because Ocean Explorer has not told us yet.

2012-06-15 NEWS RELEASE 15/6/2012, PRESS RELEASE THE TREASURE HUNTERS, OCEAN X TEAM, DISCOVERED SOMETHING UNIQUE WHEN THEY DOVE DOWN TO THE MYSTERIOUS CIRCLE-SHAPED OBJECT IN THE BALTIC SEA Treasure hunters confirm they have found something abnormal in the seabed STOCKHOLM, Sweden, June 15, 2012 The Ocean X Team dove down to the circle-shaped object in the Baltic Sea and met something they never experienced before. First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges. The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot. “During my 20-year diving career, including 6000 dives, I have never seen anything like this. Normally stones don’t burn. I can’t explain what we saw, and I went down there to answer questions, but I came up with even more questions “, says Stefan Hogeborn, one of the divers at Ocean X Team. The path to the object itself can be described as a runway or a downhill path that is flattened at the seabed with the object at the end of it. “First we thought this was only stone, but this is something else. And since no volcanic activity has ever been reported in the Baltic Sea the find becomes even stranger. As laymen we can only speculate how this is made by nature, but this is the strangest thing I have ever experienced as a professional diver“, continues Peter Lindberg, one of the founder Ocean X Team. Right now, scientists are examining samples from the circle-shaped object, and experts in sonar imaging are processing data from the ship to hopefully shed more light over the mysterious object.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, my bet's on this being R'l'yeh, and they're about to waken the Elder Gods, or possibly it's the buried entrance to the Moon Pool.

I mean, if we're going for aliens and UFOs as explanation, I prefer Lovecraft or Merritt instead.

If they find the ship deserted and adrift shortly, we'll know which it was.

/the Shining One calls, boys

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thanks.
I would have to say ruins are far more logical(and very exciting) if it proves to not be a natural formation.
Don't get me wrong though, I would love it to be some kind of space ship or alien.
I want to believe.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
How many dives does it take to identify a rock?

Depends on how much money you can soak up in the process.

Never ever kill the goose when it is still laying golden eggs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join