It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea USO: 3D Sonar reveals perfectly straight lines and angles embedded into the structure

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

No problem, all the vitriol thrown at the OP wanted me to look into a little more. Most of the backlash on here are from those who haven't actually looked to see what the people themselves say about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau
i dont get it..i thought it was a giant mushroom?
So its not a giant mushroom?

Yeah that's what i think too, it looks like a pillar to a larger structure, maybe, the rest would be buried.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
From one of the Guerrilla Explorer blogs on the matter...

THE BALTIC ANOMALY: ANSWERS AT LAST?

It turns out the circle-shaped formation is actually a mushroom-shaped "object," standing 10-13 feet above the silt. The Team doesn't actually state the "object" is a large stone, but that appears to be the implication. Its sides are rounded and the edges are described as "rugged."

The "object" has several curious features. An "egg shaped hole" is positioned at the top. Also, several "strange stone circle formations" resembling "small fireplaces" are positioned around the object. These stones are covered in "something resembling soot."

The Team took samples from the site. However, one suggestion is that the rocks are made of sandstone.

"There is probably some kind of sandstone. When you look at the structure, it looks like it." ~ Martin Jakobsson, Professor of Marine Geology and Geophysics, University of Stockholm

So, it would appear the Ocean X Team has discovered a natural formation. A curious formation perhaps, but still, a natural formation. Nevertheless, they are working hard to maintain the level of mystery they've carefully built up over the last year.

"First we thought this was only stone, but this is something else. And since no volcanic activity has ever been reported in the Baltic Sea the find becomes even stranger. As laymen we can only speculate how this is made by nature, but this is the strangest thing I have ever experienced as a professional diver." ~ Peter Lindberg, Co-founder of Ocean X Team

But what is this natural formation? And how did the rocks end up in such a nice circle? One clue lies in the fact that the Baltic Sea was under ice during the last Ice Age. Thus, these rocks might actually constitute a moraine. In other words, as an ice sheet retreated, the rocks slid down a cone of ice to form a circular shape.

It is a pile of rocks.

P.T. Barnum had it right...

“There's a sucker born every minute.”

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by add alone
reply to post by bluestreak53
You also keep throwing in the "it's going to be on a show, therefor everyone is a liar to get money" lame excuse to derail the thread.

So you don't think that the fact that this is part of a TV show is relevant to the way they are choosing to publicize their "discovery"?

And where did I ever say, "everyone is a liar to get money?". I'm pretty sure I never said that. If that is a quote, you should make a proper quote from a post, rather than putting words in my mouth.

So I am "derailing the thread" by voicing my opinion that this may in fact be a hoax? Or that they are perhaps misleading us about what they have found?

Sorry if my emotes upset you, but not everyone believes that this is an earth shattering discovery as some seem to want to believe. Is everyone who questions the legitimacy of some of the speculation, just expected to shut up and stop posting as this "derails the thread"?

Anyways, since it is clear that you are offended by my usage of emotes, I will try to restrain myself from using any more in posts to this thread or others relating to discussion about the "Baltic anomaly".

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

This is worth repeating:
voices.yahoo.com ...

However, a retired Swedish submarine officer, Anders Autellus, has proposed that the object is a German submarine trap from the Second World War, constructed to make navigation more difficult for Soviet submarines. Autellus explained to the Swedish daily Expressen that similar constructions were built by the British as a hindrance to foreign submarines.

Autellus thinks that the object may be constructed from double-skinned concrete for the purpose of holding large steel wire mesh structures, expected to disturb the propagation of radar and other signals used by any nearby submarines. During the decades after the war, the wire mesh structures would have eroded away, leaving only the holes shown on the images provided by Ocean X.

Stefan Hogeborn, a member of the Ocean X research team states that Autellus' theory is a good candidate for the answer to the mystery. "The object looks like as it has been formed by pouring, layer by layer. It is believable also because the object is located in the middle of a ship route", he said.

edit on 29-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I only simplified your statements throughout the thread, I have reading comprehension afterall.

I'm simply pointing out what you are hinting at, you think we shouldn't see if anything come of this because there is going to be a show on it

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Sounds logical, then again why if is is just a Moraine do these suckers called Ocean X state completely different things and do not tell it straight, long live the hype it seems

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
First, the early report averred that the military WAS parked in the vicinity doing "exercises" and they had to await them departing before doing the dives....etc.
Sooo the chance that the military has been there, done that is maybe pretty good.....their ships have way more sensitive gear aboard them, as well as frogmen...(half man, half bull frog,half ferret) they would have cleaned that baby dry of artifacts should it have had any.
These guys may already be the second guys there...
Also...
Surely they have gone to some trouble to LOOK DOWN THE HOLE BY NOW......?
Dont you think? Int that the FIRST thing YOU would do?
So, wheres the picture of the holes interior,lit up with underwater lights maybe?
Wheres the details of the interior, not just the news its hollow.......
The news they are giving out is deliberately obscure, and that pisses me off.....both on a scientific level, and a personal one..
Tho i will keep track of the event....im not yet making any judgements except that they really piss me off with this piecemeal approach.....just the facts please....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Makes sense.
I just wonder why no rock samples of it have been brought up or bored into.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I only simplified your statements throughout the thread, I have reading comprehension afterall.

I'm simply pointing out what you are hinting at, you think we shouldn't see if anything come of this because there is going to be a show on it

so here are my posts that you linked to:

Well I can just hear it now. "But of course they hired an actor, its a TV show!".
Nonetheless, that is interesting information.

The Guerrilla Explorer is apparently another treasure hunter, so he should know something about the business.
I have visited his site a number of times to read updates.

If anyone paid any attention, a couple of days ago the owner of ATS made a post which pointed out that much of the developments of this story was being driven by the TV show that is in production.

I'm still of the opinion that this might be a hoax - no real anomaly at all. Since so far, I don't see anything that confirms there really is "an anomaly". All we have to go by is a couple of sonar images (has any expert confirmed they are real?), and a few fuzzy underwater photos that could really be taken almost anywhere (its TV, they do use "sets" for TV, right) Either that, or they are issuing updates that are deliberately contradictory. It is possible, that much of this is a combination of "translation errors" and over zealous TV production scriptwriting.

I guess we'll "get some answers" when the TV show is broadcast...

Or will we?

Yes. That is my opinion. I'm not sure if its a "lie" if it is part of a script for a TV show. I guess we'll let people come to their own conclusions when the show gets broadcast - or we get some real answers.

I wasn''t being sarcastic. I was simply pointing out that the "anomaly" is quite possibly nothing but a concept for the purposes of constructing a TV show. We know that they are making a TV show. We now know that one of the co-founders of "Ocean X" appears to be an actor? So if you are making a TV show, of course you need actors, and sets, and script writers and publicity.

I am simply providing my viewpoint. Is that not allowed?
I don't know if this is a "hoax" as I state in my first post. I also present the theory that the contradicting information may partially be resulting from bad translations.

But I truly don't see why some people seem to be so upset because other people think this is perhaps being over-hyped, or just publicity for their TV production.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by Arken

I am interested in it i just do not see why we need multiple threads about it it makes it hard to keep up

I dont mind, its easier then reading through 100 pages to see whats new.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am very glad to know about this story. Thank you, OP, and to the others who have put up threads about this. I am fascinated whether this is a strange rock formation (geology is way cool) or something more out of the ordinary. It is intriguing to say the least - the loss of some electrical equipment when they are directly above it, which begins working again 200m away from the object, along with the new images of the interior are, well, mysterious for lack of a better word. What could be skid marks behind the object, which lead up to it and end at the object (and the new one, too), add some extra food for thought.

And I LOVE a mystery! So I shall stay tuned and wait to see what else they find. Regardless of what it may be, there is most certainly SOMETHING there. ;-) The ocean floors are largely unexplored territory (there is way more land mass down there than is above in the atmosphere) so why not get excited about something new and cool - whatever it is?? Even if its just a new and cool rock... with skid-marks... that messes with electrical equipment directly above it (perhaps it is generating a strong electromagnetic field?? Could still be a natural phenomena) ... I love rock formations - Garden of the Gods, anyone?? I'm waiting. And I'm hoping the answer blows me out of the water! (not literally...)

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Just open the hatch and dive in already.

What's so hard about that?

They obviously are not too scared to go down there and explore it. So, what would make the difference of opening it? Watch it take like 3 months to open it.

No different then exploring an Egyptian tomb with all the traps in place.

Indiana Jones would have no fears. He would just go for it.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I bet if it had knowledge of new weaponry to make all other forms of weaponry obsolete then it would take the government like half a day to get down there, in and out with all they need

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Possibly the past site of Camelot and this is the Round Table?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

No problem, all the vitriol thrown at the OP wanted me to look into a little more. Most of the backlash on here are from those who haven't actually looked to see what the people themselves say about it.

This subject has raised flags for me as well.
The amount of thread derailing attempts on this subject is curious.

It never usually happens on archeological threads-usually its reserved for certain political/foreign policy topics.

Some people want to discredit this subject.
Which is weird IMO

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp1r1tu4l33
let me get this straight, there is a strange anomaly that they are unable to identify? but we have telescopes that can see billions of galaxies? and drones that can look into your living room from 45000 feet, but they can not figure out what this is? hmmm. bullsht. don't kid yourselves people, they know exactly what it is, and we never will. period.

It's also said that we know 90% more about the universe than we do about our own ocean floor...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have been following this with interest over the last couple of weeks. It truly is baffling and seems to be an interesting mystery. I am mystified why it has not been covered on main stream news networks. I am open minded as to what the object is but hopefully the scientists will reach a conclusion one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Some people want to discredit this subject.

This subject (Baltic UFO) discredits itself with the antics of the Ocean X (Files) team , its a classic example of how to string people along with misinformation and little tidbits like the nondescript pictures they've released , keeping up the interest without giving the game away .

I think This post and link posted by SuperFrog on the other thread hits the nail on the head .

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I agree, I don't get the attitude towards this find.

I came across another website with a lot of information: Truthfall.com posted June 27th

More from Dennis: “We still have some months before it is too late going out to the site. But as it looks like now it will be last expedition for us. I think a real scientific team should take over and make a real scientific expedition to the area. After all, we are just wreck hunters who’s trying to find out what we a have discovered.”

“A new expedition will take place in approx three weeks.” – Peter Lindberg, co-founder OceanX Team (approx 2 weeks now at time of publishing)

Again this was posted on the 27th of June, so it looks like they will be going back next week.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I agree, I don't get the attitude towards this find.

I came across another website with a lot of information: Truthfall.com posted June 27th

More from Dennis: “We still have some months before it is too late going out to the site. But as it looks like now it will be last expedition for us. I think a real scientific team should take over and make a real scientific expedition to the area. After all, we are just wreck hunters who’s trying to find out what we a have discovered.”

“A new expedition will take place in approx three weeks.” – Peter Lindberg, co-founder OceanX Team (approx 2 weeks now at time of publishing)

Again this was posted on the 27th of June, so it looks like they will be going back next week.

You have to ask?...

Maybe because we have 100% fallacy in physical evidence for it being anything more then an interestingly shaped object?..

Maybe because in the entire history of UFO/USO's we have no real physical proof of alien involvements?

Maybe it's because these are treasure hunters, gifted and talented in the ways of Con artists of old and present?..

There is only a very thin line between a salvage operation, and a pirate, one is legal, the other of course "is not" , but both have the same mentality for showmanship and stretching the truth to better fund their own desires...

Or maybe because people are finally waking up to the BS spewed as a constant over such matters, with no proof to back up what they say, and stating it as physical, rather then virtual in suppositions...

As far as I am concerned, this is all make believe, until the evidence,, "PHYSICAL" evidence proves otherwise, and that is only if it is freely given for others to disseminate, not to some cloak and dagger science guild operation(s)...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join