It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drought on Korean Peninsula, could it lead to conflict?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, not created a thread before, so here goes. North Korea is in the midst of a drought and crops are failing all over the peninsula, including in the South, however the South could survive pretty well with aid from Japan, USA and and it has a more modern infrastructure than it Northern Neighbour.

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are on this. Since NKs last rocket test, it's unlikely that NK will get any food aid off any nation, so this may make them take the usual action of attacking something to get attention in order to get nations around the table to discuss food aid, or do you think they will just become more and more desperate for food and actually just go for broke and invade the South.

Thoughts people, be gentle

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What can you say the North are hostages.We could go in guns blazing and kill half of the populace,but that would be a horrible thing to do.All we can do is pressure the whack bozo leadership.Any immediately effective scenario would involve death.I often wonder about surgical decapitation but I also think we need to stop solving other peoples problems,they need to do it themselves.
That is followed of course with the fact that if the South jumps we back them ,the war is still in effect.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

But haven't the North in affect made themselves hostages by their continuing belligerence towards everyone else? I feel sorry for the everyday folks, it's always them that suffer.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

Actually...i'm currently IN South Korea, and during our safety brief we were warned of at least ten inches of rain this weekend. We even had to come up with flood plans...

As for the north, obviously there's no way I could know whats happening up there, however I am on one of the closest bases to the DMZ.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

So how bad has the drought in South Korea, or have you hardly noticed it?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

hardly noticed, people are fine

top topics

join