It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

Do you think this doesnt impact the economy?

Eventually it will. But does it impact the current bad economy the Republicans are screaming about?

link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by Alxandro

Down 160 points as of right now.
Let's see how low it can go!

Yes. See Obama. Businesses do not want this!!! Almost every stock I watch is down. 146 points now. It's only mid day.

link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

And this "tax" is only imposed as a penalty...for most people, they won't pay this tax.

Love how you put 'tax' in quotes. Even you know it's bogus although you don't want to come out and say it.

So it is a 'tax' when we need this bill to be passed/constitutional but it isn't really so much and is kind of, you know, more of a 'penalty' in reality.

I guess the speaking out of both sides of one's mouth now begins.

It's a penaltry administered as a tax...this is exactly what the SCOTUS has said.

I put tax in quotes because yes, it is a penalty, it doesn't apply to everyone.

I personally think they should have originally made it a tax applied to everyone and give a full tax credit to anyone that has valid health insurance...I think that was a mistake in the original bill.

link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by underduck
I think some of you guys are missing the point. This is a HUGE human rights victory. Giving everyone right to health care is far more important than any petty squabbles we have with the current or past administrations.

They arent giving us anything. They are MAKING us buy something that some of us may not be able to afford.

They are making us all come together and pay for it and we can afford it. Its one of the most important things our tax dollars can pay for.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Come on 12-21-12. I am looking forward to the end of the world.
I feel it has already came to an end and we just have not been told yet.

link   
reply to post by DJW001

But the overwhelming majority of Americans want the healthcare system fixed.

Yes, they do want it fixed.

That 2/3 of the people are also saying that the Democratic Obamacare bill is a FAIL.

link   
The only thing left now is to change the flag to reflect the country accurately.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
I think some of you guys are missing the point. This is a HUGE human rights victory. Giving everyone right to health care is far more important than any petty squabbles we have with the current or past administrations.

You don't get it.
One, it is not a right to Health Insurance.
Two, even the poor will be forced to BUY Health Insurance.
Three, even if the poor can't afford to buy, they will be taxed.

I am SO tired of hearing this tired old Progressive BS that it is a right. No, no it is not.

link   
Legislating from the bench, SCOTUS did not rule on the law as it stands, but changed the law so it became constitutional by making the mandate into a tax. Now the IRS has the power over whether you choose to have healthcare or not. Next is the IRS having power over they types and levels of healthcare depending on what political party you adhere to. Then what EPA approved windows are installed in your home. Then what EPA regulated MPG you car SHALL have and when you must buy only a govt motors car, for the good of the people of the United States.

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
First off...he didn't break that promise...he actually lowered taxes.

Tell us how imposing this new national massive TAX is somehow lowering taxes??
This ought to be interesting.

It's not hard to understand...this is a penalty administered as a tax.

I never plan on paying this tax...I will always carry health insurance. So my taxes are not going to increase.

Obama has lowered people's payroll taxes...that is just fact.

link   
CNBC sez Obama will speak about all this at 12:15 ET

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
As usual, individuals are panicking, celebrating, or simply not backing off to read and become informed on their own through keen observation and zen perspective.

www.supremecourt.gov...

Read it for yourself, take all left leaning or right leaning politics out of the game. Take out your own ego and beliefs about the Constitution and throw them away. Read the Constitution's Tax and General Welfare clause along with the Commerce Clause along with the ruling and allow it to ruminate.

Sit, breathe, and clam down. You all should stop and cool it.

Actually no...don't do the sensible thing. Do what you want.

link   

Originally posted by jam321

Eventually it will. But does it impact the current bad economy the Republicans are screaming about?

Absolutely.

The cost of doing business just went up. That will likely prevent current businesses from expanding, and it will definitely put a cap on hiring.

link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by butcherguy

It should be an easy sell for the Republicans.

But the overwhelming majority of Americans want the healthcare system fixed.

But the overwhelming majority of Americans do not want Obamacare.
But the overwhelming majority of Americans do not want their taxes raised - which this does.
But the overwhelming majority of Americans do not want the gov't to have more power over them.
But the overwhelming majority of Americans do not want to be lied to ... they were told this wasn't a tax but the SCOTUS says it definately is.
But the overwhelming majority of American small business owners can't afford Obamacare. They'll either cut giving healthcare benefits all together and just pay the lesser penalty, or they will lay off workers or go out of business, because they can't afford it.

Again .. the word on this is UNSUSTAINABLE. Ya'll say it with me .. UNSUSTAINABLE.

Too many political favor waivers by Obama.
Too many people will opt out of it and pay the lesser penalty TAX.
Too many business' will go under or drop health care all together because of it.

UNSUSTAINABLE.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really don't see how auto insurance can be mandated but to do so with health care is unconstitutional? Uninsured citizens cost the industry billions and raise the health care costs for the rest of us. If one is unconstitutional shouldn't the other also be unconstitutional?

Furthermore I'm disgusted that nine individuals decide the entire direction of our country.

ETA: CNN: Court may uphold the mandate through a tax clause....
edit on 6/28/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Errm. That would be because it's very easy to kill someone with a car. They're very big and heavy weapons. And although Americans are getting much larger, we're actually becoming defenseless as a result.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I should probably get ahead of the game and go buy a Chevrolet Volt, before that becomes a mandate. You have a choice...you can buy a Ford, but, if you do, you'll be taxed. Or, you can just by the Gubment Motors, Chevrolet Volt. It's for the environment!

link   
And you thought the Nazi party was dead?
Well, welcome to the NEW Nazi party!
Right here in the good ole US of A! Guess that's the reason so many Nazi scientists were brought here. I wonder how many politicals were brought here without our knowledge?

link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That 2/3 of the people are also saying that the Democratic Obamacare bill is a FAIL.

I agree. I'm merely pointing out that the Republicans are going to have to stop arm waving and come up with a viable alternative. Remember, the plan currently called "Obamacare" was originally proposed by a Republican, years ago.
edit on 28-6-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
The only thing left now is to change the flag to reflect the country accurately.

The field of stripes should be a homogenous pink color.

The stripes are supposed to represent the original 13 STATES.

States rights are gone.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
First off...he didn't break that promise...he actually lowered taxes. Let's not start with false information in this thread.

And this "tax" is only imposed as a penalty...for most people, they won't pay this tax.

Actually Obama lied to the American people about this.

Obama in 2009: The Individual Mandate Is Not a Tax

Read the article...he says it's not a "tax increase".

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join