It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by habitforming

A lot of people use cost to guide their choice of whether or not they purchase a product, no? Most people use this method to decide whether or not they buy something, whether they are rich or poor.

What system do you use?
Wait for Obama to tell you.

I do not understand your post.

What system what?
Wait for Obama to tell me what?

Why the hell are you telling me I should pay for other people's healthcare when they can afford it?
I thought people like you were sick of entitlements anyway?
edit on 10-7-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)
I am asking what system you use to decide on whether or what to purchase (meaning any product). A whole lot of people use a system based on their wallet, as in how much money they have to spend and how much the product costs, balanced with the actual need or desire for the product. It is called making a choice.
Obamacare penalizes citizens for making a choice.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Actually it specifically says "CHOOSE" so yeah, it kind of did differentiate about choice. I cannot believe you are spending three pages arguing because you cannot read.

This is a blatant lie.

Your original statement did not include the word 'choose'. You made a later statement that said choose, but it is meaningless. You never mentioned any class of wealth.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

This is a blatant lie.

Your original statement did not include the word 'choose'. You made a later statement that said choose, but it is meaningless. You never mentioned any class of wealth.

And here is that original statement in full.

It means I no longer have to chip in for people who choose not to buy insurance. It means the same for you. You do not seem to have a clue here.
edit on 6-7-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

Wondering if you can see it yet.
Any time you want to apologize for saying I lied is fine.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

you just don't get it do ya ??
let's try breaking it down, ok ?

you said --> "It means i no longer have to chip in," --> wrong.
you said --> "i no longer have to chip in for ppl who choose not to buy insurance" --> wrong again.
you said --> "it means the same for you" --> don't you wish

and then you claim WE don't have a clue ... you sure about that?
whether i buy insurance, comply with Obamacare or NOT, i'll still pay for those who are uninsured and so will you and that's the truth.

ETA: just wondering here, but are you aware that a % of every dollar you spend goes toward supporting the healthcare provided to those uninsured you mentioned ?? with or without ObeyMeCare
edit on 10-7-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

No, you are still a liar.

Here is what you posted on page 77 of this thread....

We all pay for the uninsured now. Obamacare makes sure they have to chip in for themselves.

As I have said before, your post was removed by a mod because of your posting 'habits', but not before I quoted it here.
Care to tell us when you posted the 'choose' quote you are touting?

ETA: If you need a little help, you posted your 'choose' post here on PAGE 83.

Any time you want to stop lying is fine.

edit on 10-7-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

since you NEVER apologize for your errors, it wouldn't be appropriate to extend such a courtesy to you.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

since you NEVER apologize for your errors, it wouldn't be appropriate to extend such a courtesy to you.

That is because the things you think I should apologize are lies including this one.
You are actually counting your own lie as one of my mistakes I did not apologize for. I thought you never asked me to apologize anyway? Well you cannot keep your story straight.

Yes or no.
Can you see the word "choose" yet?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What about the 3.8% additional tax all Americans will have to pay on home sales starting Jan. 2013? So even if you follow the rules, you will be penalized by additional taxes to pay for Obummercare. And what will you get back? An even worse healthcare system run by politicians? So everyone that despises politicians now trusts them with their life and healthcare??

Wow...that's so smart.

Most americans counted on their homes for retirement funding, it is where the majority of your savings and wealth is...what else will they tax? How high will the home tax go in future years....time to sink the housing industry and everyone sell...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

What about the 3.8% additional tax all Americans will have to pay on home sales starting Jan. 2013?

So much dis-information....so little time. All Americans you say...huh???

factcheck.org...

Q: Does the new health care law impose a 3.8 percent tax on profits from selling your home?

A: No, with very few exceptions. The first $250,000 in profit from the sale of a personal residence won’t be taxed, or the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple. The tax falls on relatively few — those with high incomes from other sources.

Care to attempt to mislead people on anything else.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

The first $250,000 in profit from the sale of a personal residence won’t be taxed, or the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple. The tax falls on relatively few — those with high incomes from other sources.

I own my land/home outright and it's worth more than 500k right now. I am not rich it took me 20 years to pay it off but should I sell it I should pay this tax why? I am retired military I am in no way part of the 1%.

Oh I know why - so the dip#s in Washington can buy more votes.... Neato.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The tax falls on relatively few — those with high incomes from other sources.

Please clarify what this means. Are you making an assumption?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

The first $250,000 in profit from the sale of a personal residence won’t be taxed, or the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple. The tax falls on relatively few — those with high incomes from other sources.

I own my land/home outright and it's worth more than 500k right now. I am not rich it took me 20 years to pay it off but should I sell it I should pay this tax why? I am retired military I am in no way part of the 1%.

Oh I know why - so the dip#s in Washington can buy more votes.... Neato.

If you aren't collecting a high income...it won't matter. If you are married...it won't matter.

Educate yourself...read the link...here is an important part.

The truth is that only a tiny percentage of home sellers will pay the tax. First of all, only those with incomes over $200,000 a year ($250,000 for married couples filing jointly) will be subject to it. And even for those who have such high incomes, the tax still won’t apply to the first $250,000 on profits from the sale of a personal residence — or to the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple selling their home.

I shouldn't have to spoon feed all of you this information...it's available to anyone that wants to educate themselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

If you aren't collecting a high income...it won't matter. If you are married...it won't matter.

Educate yourself...read the link...here is an important part

Meh, I'm actually pretty close to the 250k if we file jointly. Not selling anytime soon anyway. I need to loby for some neato exemptions from congress. I wonder if I could entice my congressman with a glass of fresh milk?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

If you are close to 250k and your property is worth clost to 500k...I think you can afford 3.8% on the excess above 500k.

Sorry...but I'm not feeling too sorry for you.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

you just don't get it do ya ??
let's try breaking it down, ok ?

you said --> "It means i no longer have to chip in," --> wrong.
you said --> "i no longer have to chip in for ppl who choose not to buy insurance" --> wrong again.
you said --> "it means the same for you" --> don't you wish

You can call me wrong all you want but it means jack squat to me unless you show me how I am wrong.

and then you claim WE don't have a clue ... you sure about that?

Even more so now.

whether i buy insurance, comply with Obamacare or NOT, i'll still pay for those who are uninsured and so will you and that's the truth.

ACA specifically addresses that. Do you have any idea how?
Any answer at all will be acceptable.

ETA: just wondering here, but are you aware that a % of every dollar you spend goes toward supporting the healthcare provided to those uninsured you mentioned ?? with or without ObeyMeCare
edit on 10-7-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

No, you are still a liar.

Then I hope you have my lies in your next post since you have none in this one.

Here is what you posted on page 77 of this thread....

We all pay for the uninsured now. Obamacare makes sure they have to chip in for themselves.

As I have said before, your post was removed by a mod because of your posting 'habits', but not before I quoted it here.
Care to tell us when you posted the 'choose' quote you are touting?

ETA: If you need a little help, you posted your 'choose' post here on PAGE 83.

Any time you want to stop lying is fine.

edit on 10-7-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Your claim is that I said that people that cannot afford insurance will have to chip in for themselves. I do not see that in anything you quoted so again, you are still lying about me having said it.
Why?
Is the actual on topic argument too much for you?

I said choose. Sorry if it is killing you.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Educate yourself...read the link...here is an important part

Meh, I'm actually pretty close to the 250k if we file jointly. Not selling anytime soon anyway. I need to loby for some neato exemptions from congress. I wonder if I could entice my congressman with a glass of fresh milk?

So you are a rich guy complaining about what again?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

you didn't direct that question to me but yes, i saw it the first time, however, it doesn't change any of my responses.

you were wrong.
you are wrong.
and rather than apologize for your errors, you continue to be wrong and argue some more.
how's that working out for ya?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

it's not me whining about providing for the uninsured.
check your posts, not mine.

i've been doing it every day of my life, get used to it.
however, i'm not supplementing everyone and certainly not by force.

the PPACA doesn't even insure EVERY American.
so, no matter what, it's not even written to provide what you claim it does.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

This is a blatant lie.

And here is that original statement in full.

It means I no longer have to chip in for people who choose not to buy insurance. It means the same for you. You do not seem to have a clue here.
edit on 6-7-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

Wondering if you can see it yet.

Your claim is that I said that people that cannot afford insurance will have to chip in for themselves. I do not see that in anything you quoted so again, you are still lying about me having said it.

Go back to page 77. That is where you made your original claim that the uninsured (inclusive) would have to chip in.
FIVE DAYS LATER, on PAGE 83, you posted your 'choose' crap, after repeatedly being asked to tell us how the poor uninsured would pay. In those five days you made snide remarks about the intelligence of various posters, which you continue to deny.

I have posted your actual words, and you tell me that I can't see.

You are a troll, because you aren't stupid enough to think that people believe the trash that you are posting.

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join