It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You both are funny... I have never seen 2 people derail a thread solely because they cannot admit they are wrong.

I have supported my claims where as neither one of you have.

Since you both have made it clear your only intention is to cause drama and call people names with the hope that it will distract others from realizing you both are wrong, there is no real point in continuing to prove both of you wrong since its very apparent neither of you are interested in the truth.

If either of you ever find the courage to actually answer the questions you are desparately trying to ignore let me know (although I wont be holding my breath).

You 2 kids have fun.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
I have supported my claims where as neither one of you have.

I have called you out on your lies more than enough times to know that you claiming you backed up your claims is pretty funny.

Since you both have made it clear your only intention is to cause drama and call people names with the hope that it will distract others from realizing you both are wrong, there is no real point in continuing to prove both of you wrong since its very apparent neither of you are interested in the truth.

If either of you ever find the courage to actually answer the questions you are desparately trying to ignore let me know (although I wont be holding my breath).

You 2 kids have fun.

I guess I need to know what questions I am ignoring.
Are they buried in your lengthy and irrelevant rants that I said I did not read?
edit on 1-7-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Outkast and his King Obama want to put guns to our heads to pay for his and others' medical bills.

All Hail King Obama!

Are you retarded?
We all pay for the uninsured now.
Obamacare makes sure they have to chip in for themselves.

Sounds about right.

The uninsured suddenly have money to 'chip in'? Lack of money (and jobs) is the reason that most of them are uninsured to begin with.

The reality of it all is that the rest of us continue to pay for them, plus another layer of bureaucracy.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Outkast and his King Obama want to put guns to our heads to pay for his and others' medical bills.

All Hail King Obama!

Are you retarded?
We all pay for the uninsured now.
Obamacare makes sure they have to chip in for themselves.

Two questions, keeping in mind that I AM "the uninsured":

1) How, exactly, are you "paying for"me? If you can be convincing and specific enough, maybe I'll have to send you a refund, eh?

2) What is it about this legislation that makes you think it will "make sure" that I do anything differently from the way I do things already?

Extra credit question: Are you able, ever, to reply to someone without attempts at condescension and name-calling?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

egads,...well done...opinions, statements, documentation, research, posting of research...good stuff...

unless i've lost my comprehension of english...a FOIA request was sent asking, basicaly for any and all info regarding any and all info, written, electronic, verbal said or given by Kagan while solicitor general about federal court cases concerning berrys healthcare reform plan. the govt said no, with no explanation given.

Kagan, obviously says what is suppose to be said, stated that she would abide by the 'letter and spirit' of the law and would 'rescue in all matters for which I was counsel of record.” the law states that the counsel can be in the form of written, electronic, verbal or just advice on the case in matter at any point of litagation, review or opinion on the matter.

sooooo, Kagan has to police herself and admit wheather or not see said anything about hussiens healthcare reform plan when she was solicitor general. has she said anything about if she did or didnt?... it appears she hasnt said anything about the subject...by not 'rescueing' herself..is she admitting that she gave no opinion at all on the healthcare reform issue? i find it hard to believe that a person in the position of solicitor general would just sit idle by..basicaly saying 'i have no opinion and will keep my mouth, pens, computer shut'?!? doubt that....to put it another way....why would a solicitor general whos job it is to give council, advice, opinions on federal court case,.. say nothing about one of the most important cases of her time? (doubt that) she is then nominated to the supreme court where a couple years after the 'case' she finds herself in a position that she should 'rescue' herself from the the 'case', leaving the possibility that somebody else would hear the case. ...but she is the only one that can fess up..unless a FOIA request is filed for all info pertaining to her and the initial 'case'...which was denied with no reason.

i guess for some, Kagan would have to actually verbally state "i, as solictor general during the federal cases concerning obmas healthcare reform, i gave no opinion, statement, council at any time during those case.' .......

gosh....how much more obvious can it be...the govt does what it wants, when it wants and how it wants..

AND on a different note, ponder this...so you are insured...how is paying your premium paying for your actual healthcare cost? just because an insurance company is paying most of the bill, how is it that you, the insured, are paying for your healthcare costs? person 'a'..40$ a month premium(employer insurance) X 12 months = $480, $480 X 6 years paying = $2880. 10 day hospital visit $12500 and alot of change....person'a' paid nothing out of pocket..all services covered at 100%, $8 co-pay of each of 4 meds....so did person 'a' pay for thier healthcare cost? .....(real story by-the-way, i guess this is one of those 'cadilac insurance programs', which will probably slowly evaporate into nothing).....somebody else did..an insurance company and people like me who have insurance, pay a monthly premium but never need to use it.so dont think that we are JUST paying for the uninsured who DONT PAY OUT OF POCKET, we are paying for the INSURED as well.......

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Two questions, keeping in mind that I AM "the uninsured":

1) How, exactly, are you "paying for"me? If you can be convincing and specific enough, maybe I'll have to send you a refund, eh?

When someone with no insurance gets cancer, is hit by a truck, suffers a heart attack, who do you think picks up the tab?

2) What is it about this legislation that makes you think it will "make sure" that I do anything differently from the way I do things already?

Nothing can make you stop being a freeloader who fails to contribute to the society he benefits from.

Extra credit question: Are you able, ever, to reply to someone without attempts at condescension and name-calling?

What name did I call you?

Here is a question for you. Do you think you should only pay for firemen and police when you yourself actually use them?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Sounds about right.

You said it, not me.

The uninsured suddenly have money to 'chip in'? Lack of money (and jobs) is the reason that most of them are uninsured to begin with.

Maybe you should read the entire bill and then come back with some knowledge and try to have this conversation. All of you using right wing talking points just sound ignorant and scared.

The reality of it all is that the rest of us continue to pay for them, plus another layer of bureaucracy.

How much more is it going to cost me?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
AND on a different note, ponder this...so you are insured...how is paying your premium paying for your actual healthcare cost? just because an insurance company is paying most of the bill, how is it that you, the insured, are paying for your healthcare costs? person 'a'..40$ a month premium(employer insurance) X 12 months = $480, $480 X 6 years paying = $2880. 10 day hospital visit $12500 and alot of change....person'a' paid nothing out of pocket..all services covered at 100%, $8 co-pay of each of 4 meds....so did person 'a' pay for thier healthcare cost? .....(real story by-the-way, i guess this is one of those 'cadilac insurance programs', which will probably slowly evaporate into nothing).....somebody else did..an insurance company and people like me who have insurance, pay a monthly premium but never need to use it.so dont think that we are JUST paying for the uninsured who DONT PAY OUT OF POCKET, we are paying for the INSURED as well.......

Real story eh?

Seeing as how it has nothing to do with Obamacare, what is the point?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

...its one of those 'cadilac insurance' programs that will have higher premiums to them, or be nixed..who knows what the future holds for them. and just addressing the repeated comments on this thread about those of us who are insured paying for those that are not..thru us paying higher premiums and higher costs for certain medical services. just pointing out that nobody, 'cept those that pay out of pocket, are actually paying for thier healthcare costs...somebody else is.. we all just pay a fraction..some more of a fraction than others...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

...its one of those 'cadilac insurance' programs that will have higher premiums to them, or be nixed..who knows what the future holds for them.

So you are complaining about the current healthcare system and pretending it is against Obamacare that does not fully kick in for two more years. Got it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

ha ha..putting text on my screen...i mearly stated that its one of those 'cadilac' programs that may have higher premiums or be nixed..who knows what the future holds for them......

we can all complain about any or all aspects of the current system....we can all complain about any or all aspects of obamacare.....i dont think there will ever be a place that is acceptable to everybody...religous groups will invoke this or that complaint, politicians will complain about this and that, the insured will complain, the unisured will complain, illegal immigants will complain, you and i will complain........ what we want and what we choose are to different things....we all will make a chioce on whats most comfortable to us..........that said, this is a very interesting time to be alive

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

...its one of those 'cadilac insurance' programs that will have higher premiums to them, or be nixed..who knows what the future holds for them. and just addressing the repeated comments on this thread about those of us who are insured paying for those that are not..thru us paying higher premiums and higher costs for certain medical services. just pointing out that nobody, 'cept those that pay out of pocket, are actually paying for thier healthcare costs...somebody else is.. we all just pay a fraction..some more of a fraction than others...

When you say some pay more then we can say that 50% of America pays nothing, 20% very little and 5 percent don't care since they can afford whatever they want. That middle 25% is going to pay a lot out of their own pockets...

The problem is that this is not just an increase in spending that we might see generically added, as we might have seen if a program was created to help let's say 20 million Americans who really need something. This program is going to force me to take a one size fits all plan and reduce my personal healthcare by shoving me and my family down a path that will be no where as good as what I have today, and if I choose to not want it then it will personally cost me 10,000+ dollars per year more than I pay now and in 5 to 10 years I will not even have that option....

Those that want this, can you not see why this is a problem? Or is it just the "I do not care" 99%er attitude of screw anyone who might have it better... I want people to have healthcare and I don't mind if it cost me more in taxes to achieve, but if we applied this to lets say to the homeless then we put all homeless in a massive building with apt 500 sq ft each, and to do this we tear down all other houses and apts to make EVERY American live there too or pay excessive taxes not to. It is great that the homeless are off the streets, but do we really need to force all Americans to live in the same building?

edit on 1-7-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

well said...my employer notified us this spring that our healthcare premiums/deductable will go up, by how much was uncertain.....its like a big blanket was threwn over everybody just to cover a few....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

well said...my employer notified us this spring that our healthcare premiums/deductable will go up, by how much was uncertain.....its like a big blanket was threwn over everybody just to cover a few....

And the scary part is employers will find that the tax will be cheaper to pay then keeping the healthcare and will just drop out and pay the tax. After 5 plus years these healthcare plans will dry up since less and less will be in them and then we will not even have that option as WE ALL will have no other choice but Obamacare.

Ya it's a big blanket, but they will take your king size goose down comforter with the nice flowers you like and let you only have a drab green military issued twin size wool blanket...hehe

Well they both will keep you warm...kind of...lol

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

ha ha..putting text on my screen...

...i mearly stated that its one of those 'cadilac' programs that may have higher premiums or be nixed..who knows what the future holds for them......

we can all complain about any or all aspects of the current system....we can all complain about any or all aspects of obamacare.....i dont think there will ever be a place that is acceptable to everybody...religous groups will invoke this or that complaint, politicians will complain about this and that, the insured will complain, the unisured will complain, illegal immigants will complain, you and i will complain........ what we want and what we choose are to different things....we all will make a chioce on whats most comfortable to us..........that said, this is a very interesting time to be alive

But what is the point of blaming Obamacare for conditions that already exist without it?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Sounds about right.

You said it, not me.

Maybe you should read the entire bill and then come back with some knowledge and try to have this conversation. All of you using right wing talking points just sound ignorant and scared.

How much more is it going to cost me?
Wow, as usual, you said a whole lot of nothing.

I guess you didn't see the rolling eyes after the statement I made... 'Sounds about right'?

You tell me to read the bill and come back with knowledge.
You boldly made the statement that Obamacare would make the uninsured 'chip in'. How about instead of telling me to go read the bill, you back your statement up!
Where is the money going to come from that the unemployed and underemployed uninsured are going to be 'chipping in'?
You have no answer, or you would give it.
This is your typical response. You call someone a moron, idiot or retarded. Then you tell them to go read up or get some facts.

How about you 'Man Up' a little, and answer the simple question:

Where are these uninsured going to get this money that Obamacare is going to make them 'chip in'?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Where are these uninsured going to get this money that Obamacare is going to make them 'chip in'?

We will give them a tax credit so they can pay too, can't be a tax rebate since they pay no taxes to actually use a rebate. That is why only "the rich" get rebates since they actually pay taxes that a portion could possibly be rebated...lol

I love the left logic of "only the rich get rebates" no sh@t... Oh BTW "the rich" is anyone who actually pays taxes....

So I suggest we give them a health credit, just like Bush's child tax credit...that I never got though I have two children...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

We will give them a tax credit so they can pay too, can't be a tax rebate since they pay no taxes to actually use a rebate. That is why only "the rich" get rebates since they actually pay taxes that a portion could possibly be rebated...lol

I love the left logic of "only the rich get rebates" no sh@t... Oh BTW "the rich" is anyone who actually pays taxes....

So I suggest we give them a health credit, just like Bush's child tax credit...that I never got though I have two children...

As much as I'd like to accept that as an answer, habitforming said " Obamacare makes them chip in for themselves."
Taxpayers giving them some money to pay is hardly 'chipping in for themselves', it is us paying their way.

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join