It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by muzzleflash

and i've been wondering for most of my adult life when SOMEONE, anyone was going to use the RICO statutes against the US Govt and all of its agencies. are we there yet ???

i cannot think of anything more disappointing than our govt purposefully extorting the citizenry but it has gone on for so very long, most ppl don't even recognize it anymore.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

I don't think we could get a legitimate , impartial, and fair court to hear the case.
Too many kangaroos jumping to conclusions.

That's probably why it hasn't happened yet.
By this point we could just call it corporate fascism.

The Republic was usurped by tyrants right after it was founded. Just go check the history books, and check out the truth about the infamous Whiskey Rebellion

George Washington led ignorant men and convinced them to shoot at their own countrymen in order to enforce a TAX on their whiskey. It was the exact opposite of what America was supposed to be founded upon.

Then they drafted , by force, a militia to counter and quell the rebellions. It claims that many locations in many states were in rebellion, including entire regions.

Funny how it was illegal to be free right after we "won" our "freedom"....
Oh and George Washington was a good guy. He wasn't a tyrant, right??
(/sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by habitforming

There are lots of people like that who pretend they 'dont need doctors'.

In my experience, the are liars.

In my estimation humans are considered to be resilient and adaptable creatures who survived the ice ages and brought down the mammoth. We then navigated the globe, survived plagues and genocidal wars, etc etc.

And modern medicine didn't even really get going until the last 200 years.

How could our ancestors have lived?! Oh it's incomprehensible!
You need modern doctors to live forever right?

Not to mention all of those animals that reproduce just fine without a medical establishment.
edit on 29-6-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

RICO...........do you really expect LEOs, the military, 3 letter org., etc to go against the people that write their checks and endanger their lively hood by enforcing RICO against the govt.

I guess that makes them accomplices to organized crime by definition. What degree of accomplice would have to be determined based on individual evidence for each individual case.

So that would indicate that "We the People", who hold ultimate authority legally, will have to do it ourselves and conjure up complex strategies. Or we can sit back and accept slavery...I'll take the first door please.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

RICO...........do you really expect LEOs, the military, 3 letter org., etc to go against the people that write their checks and endanger their lively hood by enforcing RICO against the govt.

I don't see it. Bureaucracies and institutions corporate and private are hard wired for self preservation.

ricoact.com...
thanks for the link, wasn't aware.
let's not open that can of worms here, k ??
my expectations are greater than most, i'll give ya that, but those expectations are mine.

what we should have here, are the expectations of a Nation of ppl, not just mine.

do i expect the entities mentioned above to lead the way ??
of course not, they are not trained to do such.

do i expect them to participate and cooperate fully, should the need arise ?? absolutely.

the govt may sign their checks, but i pay them and so do you.
who do you think will sign their pink slip when the govt has less taxes to draw from ??

yes, i agree they are hard-wired for self-preservation BUT that is not exclusive to them, it's a human trait and like it or lump it (as far as we know) we're all human.

i don't believe it is the duty or responsibility of one person or one group of ppl, but a national demand of necessity.

heck, RICO could apply to Holder with Fast & Furious if they really wanted it to.

edit on 29-6-2012 by Honor93 because: man, i need a secretary

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

sure am glad you made some sense of that cause it went right over my head

first thing i thought of was Clara Barton

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No that would be the bill and if they found it constitutional, they are severley illiterate retards.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'm convinced this is a nation of hypochondriacs and that the pharmaceutical corps are the dealer.
ouch, that hurt
now where did i stash the stash ?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

reply to post by habitforming

There are lots of people like that who pretend they 'dont need doctors'.

In my experience, the are liars.

In my estimation humans are considered to be resilient and adaptable creatures who survived the ice ages and brought down the mammoth. We then navigated the globe, survived plagues and genocidal wars, etc etc.

And modern medicine didn't even really get going until the last 200 years.

How could our ancestors have lived?! Oh it's incomprehensible!
You need modern doctors to live forever right?

Boy, you sure are good with the straw men.

I didnt say one 'needs' to go to the doctor to 'live forever'

. I said that people with fake bravado who claim they will just curl up and die on their own are full of hubris.

Also, it might be worth noting that our 'ancestors routinely died in their 20s and 30s from ailments that today barely cause a blip. Why is that? Medical science.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

reply to post by stanguilles7

??? what are you saying ???
who or what is orly and what is that nonsense in quotes about anyway ?

I quoted what i was directly responding to, which contradicts the previous poster's claim.

Reading comprehension: Try it!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

oh i'm familiar with the Whiskey Rebellion and the Boston Tea Party (why do ppl disregard the confederacy like it didn't happen? ) ... it is fraud at its finest and i sure wish ppl would wake up and take their lives back. it is not a matter of $$ unless you make it so.

business will still operate, militias will still stand, R&D will improve and traders and farmers will again become invaluable as we decide to trade in value rather illusion.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Also, it might be worth noting that our 'ancestors routinely died in their 20s and 30s from ailments that today barely cause a blip. Why is that? Medical science.
while this is true for the most part, what does medical science have to do with medical insurance?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

what we should have here, are the expectations of a Nation of ppl, not just mine.

Expecting positive actions from the American citizenry is folly; They are so divided, manipulated, controlled by forces we can't even begin to understand, addicted to mediocrity and sloth, fat and stupid plebes incapable of original thought and action.

Oh sure on ATS there are plenty of cyber warrior wannbe tough guys but they are in such a minority and goofy counter culture they don't even matter. Imo most of them are adolescent boys searching for adulthood and meaning by sounding like macho cowboys, collecting stars and flags as affirmation of their badassery. The epitome of "Hollow Men"

"America will not end with a bang but with a whimper"... to distort TS Eliot

edit on 29-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

while this is true for the most part, what does medical science have to do with medical insurance?

Well, if you will take the time to follow the conversation, i was responding directly to several posters who claimed they will never need a doctor, not just insurance, and the comment (quoted in my post, not sure how you missed it) that said that our 'ancestors' had no need for doctors.
edit on 29-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

i would agree ..here in america we have ocupy sit ins...but gotta be back to work on mon
the cyber world is funny...people can say what they want when they want and never have to accountable for it...most of these postings would never be said in a real face to face conversation...obviously with a few exceptions.

make the sheople dependant on the state and they will do what ever the state wants......

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

More out of context half-truths eh?

Let's look up 10 random "figures from ancient history", to see their ages when they died with their "primitive medicine".

Xerxes I of Persia died at age 54.

Aristotle age 61-62

Plato age 80 approx.

Socrates age 71.

Xenophon age 76.

Thrasybulus age 50-52.

Alcibiades age 46, murdered.

Plutarch age 74.

Solon age 80.

Gaius Marius age 70.

I could go on and on. I just clicked names on each page as I went randomly and kept going without bias or anything. I didn't find anything under 46, and I did 10 random.

If we did 100 at random, we would probably still only find a few young ones, who were murdered or killed accidentally.

That stuff about people not living that long isn't exactly the whole truth. There are so many exceptions...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You listed all people who lived privileged lives.

Here's some solid stats for the average joe, just in the past century:

According to the National Center for Health Statistics, life expectancy for men in 1907 was 45.6 years

This article goes on to directly address your "Socrates' anomaly. The average person in those times lived ar shorter lives than the anomalies you list.

there's no doubt that Romans, Egyptians, and Greeks were dropping dead at age 30, 40, 50 and 60 -- at much higher age-specific mortality rates than today.

www.livescience.com...

www.livescience.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

ah come on now, dispel with the pessimism will ya?
yes, there are those who fit your description, but i refuse to believe that they are a majority of any city or state in this union.

can't disagree with your comparison but our generation wasn't much better.
this group just has better and farther reaching toys.
whether they choose to use those toys/tools for a greater purpose is yet to be seen.

yes, that quote is often displayed here but ya know what?
an awful lot of predictions that appear here, FAIL miserably and his probably will too.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Your own link said this:

But the inclusion of infant mortality rates in calculating life expectancy creates the mistaken impression that earlier generations died at a young age; Americans were not dying en masse at the age of 46 in 1907. The fact is that the maximum human lifespan — a concept often confused with "life expectancy" — has remained more or less the same for thousands of years. The idea that our ancestors routinely died young (say, at age 40) has no basis in scientific fact.

So your link agrees with my previous post. Cool.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
aaaaaand..this brings us to 2012......its all gunna end in december anyway....havent been able to break the news to the parents that im not making plans for christmas this year...

on topic...so living a long life going to medical appointment multiply times a week or strapped to a bed for 20 years cause one is paralized is living..so be it..but it is THIER CHOICE...and our choices seem to be made more and more by the govt...
edit on 29-6-2012 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

there's no doubt that Romans, Egyptians, and Greeks were dropping dead at age 30, 40, 50 and 60 -- at much higher age-specific mortality rates than today.

Can I see the official census statistics from the time era please before I believe this assertion? Oh we don't have an accurate census? We don't have many ancient medical records beyond a small library?

Than how dare you calculate a mortality rate and proclaim it as fact when there is no evidence to support such claims?

These are just anecdotes or obscure references with little to no data.

By inspecting the lives of those who were "privileged" it appears that the primitive "medical practices" of the time were sufficient, if one could afford it.

Just like Today in the USA!

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join