It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, the precedent has been set.

Arizona, for instance, can rework the shot-down part of their bill to say their immigration laws aren't necessarily 'mandatory' but you just pay a 'tax' if you do not oblige.

Waiting for conservatives to start a protest bill like everyone has to buy a gun/ammo or pay a 'tax.' Let's see what happens.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have insurance, and it has already gone up. It will go up in 4 more months as they have notified me. I am not sick and under 40. I NEVER use my insurance, and yet I pay. Now I am mandated to help pay more into a system that takes better care of the pharma companies than it does for its patrons.

You will still justify that somehow so I just ask is your insurance going up for paid posting, or are (hopefully) your hours being cut back?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

If people were already responsible...there would be no need for a bill like this. And for some people...they would love to be responsible, but it cost to much for them to be responsible.

The one thing I don't see any of the opponents of this bill arguing against is that the bill will decrease health insurance costs that will make it affordable for everyone to get insurance. They are just mad that everyone has to participate.

There is a connection there....I think people will slowly figure out that connection over time.

Are you serious? Now it is the Chicken before the Egg.
Why do people need to be responsible, as a whole? They have Daddy Govt to take care of them.

And you think that costs will go down? Now that is too funny.
It is obvious you are in the tank for this, but now you are just pitching full on BS with no Business experience.
Taxes will go up, to fund those that can't pay.
Insurance Companies will raise costs, because the cost of doing business is going to sky rocket.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think you may be wasting your time, the people don't get it....

A common assertion made by those who are unhappy with the declining state of freedom in America is that this can be traced to an 1871 act of Congress that established Washington DC and, at the same time, converted the United States from a constitutional republic to a corporation. Secondary claims attached to this hypothesis are that this is the reason the official wording was changed from Constitution for The United States of America to Constitution of The United States of America and also why all capital letters are used in the name instead of upper and lower case letters. They claim that this Act of 1871 abolished the original constitutional government and created a legal fiction that became financially indebted to and controlled by international bankers. A forceful example of this view can be found on the Internet at www.serendipity.li/jsmill/us_corporation.htm.

From this link here and it IS true, the "U.S." is a corporation and if you claim to be a part of it, then you are an employee and they can FORCE healthcare on YOU but not on the man who claims his sovereignty.

www.freedomforceinternational.org...

This is another reason Lincoln was killed by the bankers, he would not agree to this act. The original 13th amendment was replaced with the one you see today so it would NATIONALIZE slavery, it DID NOT eliminate slavery, it made it national, we are all slaves to the U.S. corporation until we state otherwise through a UCC-1.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

By you not having health insurance, you are taking a gamble that you won't need serious major medical care that will cost 100s of thousands od dollars.

When people who don't have insurance need that major medical care...it negetively effects the rest of us by increasing costs.

If you truly can't afford health insurance, this bill will give you assistance.

SO, instead of forcing people to take care of themselves, the Govt instead forces everyone else to take care of others.
Personal responsibility has died a death of a thousand cuts.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
America is becoming like Greece.
We are so fkd if we do not vote obama out in Nov!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I will refuse benefits unless I am about to die and there is no other way to save me but through surgery.

There is no point in using something I don't need simply because it's free. Wastefulness is reprehensible.

This system is not set up for folks like myself. It is set up for selfish wasteful people to abuse.

What you don't understand is that is people like yourself that has caused a large part of the healthcare problem.

You wait until something happens...and then you have no way to pay for it...the burden falls to the rest of us.

It's not selfish to be responsible for yourself so others don't have to be effected by your inaction.

What do you mean wait for something to happen?

Should I go get hit by a bus right now?

Oh because I am not stabbing myself with a knife, I am a burden on the healthcare system?

BECAUSE I NEVER USE IT?

Yeah, those 100% healthy people, they are the real burden.

Your not even being reasonable anymore OKS, please come back to reality.

Your not a burden mr. muzzle don't own that AT ALL!!

Now people who would of never have went to the doctors
will go every month for their check up, the doctors looove it,
they will think to themselves *well i am insured now I DO need that check up everymonth AND the blood work every 6* Right on time this will be the selfishness x10

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If something would happen to someone who has your philosophy of "I'm healthy, I don't need insurance", then the burden is put on everyone else because of them not having insurance.

How is it a burden on everyone else??

They have always sent me a bill that I was PERSONALLY
responsibile to pay.. If it is a major car accident, same thing
your getting a bill YOU have to pay.. It is all on YOU

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

1/3 of Congress members are Greek ... why wouldn't we follow in their footsteps ??
they are a small majority of the "decision-makers" for the rest of us, remember?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
In related news, Smith & Wesson shares are up nearly 20% today.

Smith & Wesson Stock

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrballistic

If something would happen to someone who has your philosophy of "I'm healthy, I don't need insurance", then the burden is put on everyone else because of them not having insurance.

How is it a burden on everyone else??

They have always sent me a bill that I was PERSONALLY
responsibile to pay.. If it is a major car accident, same thing
your getting a bill YOU have to pay.. It is all on YOU

It's not all on you...they give you massive discounts so you can pay it yourself...they aren't compenstated at the full rate.

And when people can't pay...which does happen...they just write it off and take the loss.

Because they know this happens often...they raise the prices for everyone else.

Basic economics here.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
yep, the kamikaze drivers are out already too.
soooo many of them (here) don't have auto insurance and now that Obamacare will provide medical coverage for all (?), they don't seem to care who they harm or how.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
reply to post by QuantifedInfinity

No one is going to keep you from the desert or the wood chipper if you choose that end.

Believe it or not, it's not all about you. This has little to nothing to do with you, you are free to go down in flames. This is about improving one of the worst things about our nation at the moment, countless people will benefit. Sad that so many think only about their interests,

p.s., thank you for serving our country.
edit on 6/28/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

It becomes all about us when you go to picking OUR pockets to keep yourself in the style to which you want to become accustomed, at the expense of our own. It becomes all about us when you are forcing US into your world. We don't want to be there. We don't want to participate. We want to go down in our own flames if it comes to that, not yours.

We are communities. What affects one affects everyone. Odds are you aren't living a complete life of solitude without any affect on others.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really don't see how auto insurance can be mandated but to do so with health care is unconstitutional? Uninsured citizens cost the industry billions and raise the health care costs for the rest of us. If one is unconstitutional shouldn't the other also be unconstitutional?

We have no presumed right to drive a vehicle (keep in mind that anyone can own one), it is a privledge, and therefore open to restrictions. Are we next goint to suggest that we have no right to live, that it is a privledge, and therefore open to restriction? That is the begining of a slippery slope that will eventually render the Bill of Rights obsolete. This is a sad day for our nation. We can celebrate Dependence Day with mandated blood drives and colonoscopies. No more fire works, just the deafening cries of grown men crying.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

www.abodia.com...

There is NO MONEY, ONLY BOOKKEEPING!!!! Your trust is worht approximately $15-50 million dollars, you are a commodity FOR and TO the U.S. corporation. THAT is why you pay "Federal Income Tax", they see you, and you admit that, you are a federal employee. THIS and this alone is they reason they can mandate it.

They can NOT mandate anything to a free and sovereign people. Which we have not been since 1871!!!!

Lets start by telling the truth and revealing the fraud to everyone.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

bullshizzle ...

they give you massive discounts so you can pay it yourself...they aren't compenstated at the full rate.
you got that one backwards, it is the insurance companies who get reductions, regularly.
not pay in person, patients. (ocassionally, but not often)

no, some write it off, however, they also bloat other budgets so they continually recover that which is written-off. (no different than the insurance companies)

they raise the prices for everyone else
and that's what you're supposed to think, when the reality is ... the private pay client is getting the "service" at the rate all would be charged, IF the insurance companies didn't negotiate (more like mandate) minimum/maximum payments.
that is how it works whether you understand it or not.

edit on 29-6-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
yep, the kamikaze drivers are out already too.
soooo many of them (here) don't have auto insurance and now that Obamacare will provide medical coverage for all (?), they don't seem to care who they harm or how.

Yes...people are driving carelessly because of "obamacare"

Some people try so hard...amazing.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
America is becoming like Greece.
We are so fkd if we do not vote obama out in Nov!

The day Reagan warned us about has finally arrived.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Freedom is officially dead!

Thanks Obama!

Thanks SCOTUS!

Thanks Congress!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Yeah...I don't really need advice on how the healthcare system works...but thanks.

Not that I'm surprised you are an expert on the subject....you claim to be an expert on everything with personal insider knowledge...

The fact is that the uninsured are a huge burden on the system. Most people will end up in a hospital at some point in their life...you can't predict your health...which is why it is irresponsible not to have health insurance.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

don't know why they need to "try so hard", most of them can't drive worth a s*it anyway.
you should have seen the idiot passing on the driver's side of a car that was attempting to make a left turn ... and that's only one of many.
odd thing is, we didn't see much of this, last week or last weekend for that matter
(evacuations and all)
coincidence ?? maybe, maybe not.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join