It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Last night Eastern time about 11:58 or so I went to bed, leaving the ATS site. There were fourty nine pages. It's a curious thing I noticed about the ruling. It was announced, and then went to next to the last page everywhere.

So why would that be. obama didn't really even get time to gloat which seems uncharacteristic. Yahoo has it if you look for a while, buried in the recesses of their news page. Do the Dems and obama think they can sweep this under the rug...?? The Stock Market was hit pretty good, oil about to collapse, and everything still on shakey ground. We will not forget, we will not forgive, we will act in November to de-throne this Tyrant.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Thanks for taking the time........ quite revealing.... I suppose this is what we can expect in the future.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Your first line...... There's a lot of talk how we will fall into anarchy.... Uh no government.. You got a point, anyone enterprising enough ought to carve out their own little space no matter what they call the post-US.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I am not ignoring what you are saying my friend, I understand what you are coming from, but trust me all this is going to be reworded again and will have to be approved in congress in order to refine the role of the IRS as the way it stands now is to vague.

That, if the whole thing is not repeal first next month, but I got the feeling that the Obamacare will die when he loses the elections in November and will be at the mercy of whatever comes our way with Romney.

this was modeled after romneycare in mass. which is up and running. why don't you ask those people how it is actually working?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
reply to post by Furbs

Last night Eastern time about 11:58 or so I went to bed, leaving the ATS site. There were fourty nine pages. It's a curious thing I noticed about the ruling. It was announced, and then went to next to the last page everywhere.

So why would that be. obama didn't really even get time to gloat which seems uncharacteristic. Yahoo has it if you look for a while, buried in the recesses of their news page. Do the Dems and obama think they can sweep this under the rug...?? The Stock Market was hit pretty good, oil about to collapse, and everything still on shakey ground. We will not forget, we will not forgive, we will act in November to de-throne this Tyrant.

tyrant?... can't wait for the republicans to tell the american people "no, no matter how bad you healthcare is now, even if you do not have any, we are not going to give it back to you, we are going to make sure you do not get it"
what a positive message! what a great way to help your fellow americans! how patriotic!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There's no way I am voting for Obama come election time, but I just can't vote for Romney, either. I don't like either of them so I am writing in Ron Paul as my vote!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Isn't it absolutely ridiculous that there are Americans who would rebel...over a law that would benefit their fellow human beings.

Yet do nothing when their tax dollars are being used to kill and massacre human beings in other countries.

Idiotic would be more appropriate...

edit on 29-6-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Isn't it absolutely ridiculous that there are Americans who would rebel...over a law that would benefit their fellow human beings.

Yet do nothing when their tax dollars are being used to kill and massacre human beings in other countries.

Idiotic more would be more appropriate...

There are some that don't like either thing.
There's also a difference between a law benefiting our fellow humans and a law that penalizes (oops, that's taxes) a citizen for not purchasing a product.
In the olden days, the govt taxed purchases to generate revenue in order to operate. Now the govt has a green light from the SCOTUS to tax citizens to force them to comply with their fascist wishes.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Go back and read his statement released this morning.

Is it that hard to be specific about what you are talking about?

A quote...a link...anything???

I was very specific.
In his statement about the ruling, he stated that since the use of Mandate is incorrectly used, it is a Tax and therefore can be regulated via congress.

If I have time today, I will search. Why not search as well.
I would figure that with all the outrage from people just a little but ago, with activist Judges, this would make you fume as well.
Probably not though.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
There's no way I am voting for Obama come election time, but I just can't vote for Romney, either. I don't like either of them so I am writing in Ron Paul as my vote!

I will be doing the same this this year.
It seams to me that a lot of people still think they have to vote for
One of the 2 parties and forget they have the opportunity to vote for anyone
This year we need to make our votes count

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
So help me to understand this.

If I go to the doctor now for something like tendonitis, then I still have to pay all the regular bs and NOW I have to pay a tax too if I don't have medical insurance?

How does this make sense as something other than a money siphon?

Sounds about right.

It is not for the people, just another avenue for the Fed Govt to take money from people.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This was a genius stroke of the pen by Roberts. By asserting that the ACA was a tax, he effectively marginalized fans of the law. Now, instead of benefiting from a favorable ruling, he gave detractors ammo to attack the law.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Idiotic would be more appropriate...

edit on 29-6-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

It's absolutely ridiculous that naifs like you think the government can or even wants to administer the healthcare industry in a fair, competent, or democratic manner.

They plan to use it for social engineering---forcing lots of programs on the electorate that aren't wanted by the taxpayers:

-publicly funded abortion
-free services for illegal aliens
-government administered "hospice" and "euthenasia"

While you may think those programs are wonderful, they don't represent the will of the american people. So its basically forcing people to pay for things they wouldn't vote for. Less freedom, less democracy.

The real problem though, is the burden this will place on the world's largest economy, right when there is a chance of beginning a genuine economic recovery. The extra shock to the economy will drag us back down into severe recession.

You don't implement a massive restructure of the economy while it is faltering.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by macman

I don't remember being asked to pay for the military, yet 50% of our taxes go to the military insitution, while 45,000 people die each year in the US for not having insurance. And a lot of that budget goes to private contractors. You have been forced to pay private companies for awhile now.

What this law does is finally points our moral compass in the right direction.

Please show me where those people have died from not having health insurance.
And yes, some the Military Budget does go to PMCs.
Since Health Care is not a Right, nor is it defined in any founding documents, then taxing for it is not in the design of our country.

The Progressive way of though is more dangerous that Brain Cancer.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is just the beginning.Now that they got away with mandating healthcare, they'll begin adding things they can make you buy. Every corporation is salivating at the thought of being added to the "mandatory product" list now. Lobbyists will be having a field day making sure "their people" get on said list.

We revolt now, or we will truly be enslaved. There is no other choice.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
This is just the beginning.Now that they got away with mandating healthcare, they'll begin adding things they can make you buy. Every corporation is salivating at the thought of being added to the "mandatory product" list now. Lobbyists will be having a field day making sure "their people" get on said list.

We revolt now, or we will truly be enslaved. There is no other choice.
You got it.
The floodgates have truly been opened.
If we think lobbyists were bad before, they will have a lot to sell our congressmen and senators now!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I predict that in a few years Americans will be very happy with Obamacare. They will still fight over it, the way we fight over it in Canada, but on the whole it will act as a fantastic decompresser that reduces, in innumerable ways, the tensions of life in your country.

People will be saying, "We should have started this decades ago." Even Obama, in twenty years or so, will start to be thought of as one of America's great presidents, the founder of comprehensive health care in America.

Incidentally, for the trivia minded, the founder of medicare in Canada was T.C. Douglas, the grandfather on the maternal side, of Kiefer Sutherland, "Jack Bauer" of 24. Who'd a thunk it. Jack Bauer is a commie.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Since Health Care is not a Right, nor is it defined in any founding documents, then taxing for it is not in the design of our country.

Here is where I have been contemplating and just got done with a private conversation expounding on this.

Chief Justice Roberts rolled back 70+ years of Congress utilizing the "Commerce Clause" as their ace-in-the-hole means of passing and regulating nearly all aspects of the American citizenry. He also made not to Congress that the Necessary and Proper Clause isn't some magical wand that allows them to invoke it and legislation must be. He specifically states "Although the Clause gives Congress authority to “legislate on that vast mass of incidental powers which must be involved in the constitution,” it does not license the exercise of any “great substantive and independent power[s]” beyond those specifically enumerated."

Given that, its power of taxation, which is a clear and plenary power enumerated should only be applied to those powers specifically enumerated. This I believe is the "silver-lining" along with another point made in another thread regarding the taxation angle. How is one taxed by not engaging in an activity?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
I think some of you guys are missing the point. This is a HUGE human rights victory. Giving everyone right to health care is far more important than any petty squabbles we have with the current or past administrations.

Do you realize how many drunks line the halls of every Emergency Department in this country each day? Thats not healthcare, its babysitting. ERs spend more resources housing drunkards and attention hounds than legitimate medical patients. I have seen drunkards in the ER arrive multiple times in one day for weeks at a time. Now imagine instead of waiting three hours in the waiting area to be treated for a legitimate medical issue, you wait twelve hours because your bed is occupied by a drunk(that is no exageration I witnessed it for 18 years). No it is not a human right for me to pay for their poor life choices. Why should I have to wait injured because the ER is full with people waiting to sober up? Now we will ALL pay and not just the insured, everybody. We will have to have to wait in misery if our condition is not life threatening. Our president and repersentatives have effectively broken the best healthsystem in the world, double wait times for surgery, and made it impractical for one to become a physican. Human rights are ment to protect us from sever political, legal, and social abuses, not to get healthcare for hangnails!!! This is not a HUGE victory...its a HUGE disaster!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really don't see how auto insurance can be mandated but to do so with health care is unconstitutional? Uninsured citizens cost the industry billions and raise the health care costs for the rest of us. If one is unconstitutional shouldn't the other also be unconstitutional?

Furthermore I'm disgusted that nine individuals decide the entire direction of our country.

ETA: CNN: Court may uphold the mandate through a tax clause....
edit on 6/28/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

A lot of people don't understand the same thing...and that's one of the saddest facts about certain people in this country.

The reason is actually quite simple, if you're really open to the "why" and it's that Auto Insurance being mandated *IF* you want to own and drive a car. If you don't want to pay for it, simply don't own an automobile...millions of people don't and live their lives quite happily.

In order to get out of this taxation, one must die. That's it. Die. Or "not make enough money" which, unless i've missed it, hasn't been described in detail yet...or I guess we could just vote his ass out of office in a few months.

Which will happen. As Justice Roberts said in his comments (or alluded to, at least) vote him out. Vote him out. Vote him out. Vote him out.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join