It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Originally posted by Furbs

can someone answer my first concern:

do we as american tax payers pay for the wars and military spending?

That depends on how much money you make, and how you spend that money.

I make less than 35k a year, purposely, so that I my tax rebate is 100% what I paid in. Short of Social Security, I pay nothing in the form of federal income tax, so my money does not go to the Wars. I own a Leaf, so I do not spend money on gasoline.

I make less than 35k a year, so I will be exempt from ACA as well. Whatever it is I am asked to pay in 'fines" will be returned to me after I file my tax return.

Vote with your time and money as well as your actual vote.

how much do you have to make to pay for military spending/war taxes?

also if the republicans and GOP are upset about having to pay for something someone else needs or wants - obamacare why arent they upset about people having to pay for something someone else feels they dont need or want... that is funding needless wars?

The moment you make over 35k, you begin to owe federal taxes on income. You can get away with paying nothing on any amount under 35k if you have the right tax preparer.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

also if the republicans and GOP are upset about having to pay for something someone else needs or wants - obamacare why arent they upset about people having to pay for something someone else feels they dont need or want... that is funding needless wars?

That funding is Constitutional and an enumerated power. We could digress into a deeper conversation about it, but you are throwing in a red herring to this discussion.

The next logical Constitutional question would be: Does the Constitutional power to Lay and Collect taxes only apply to the valid functions of the Federal Government?

I think Chief Justice Roberts opened this up for discussion really.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

You need to study the Constitution, it will explain it to you. Defense of the country is part of our founding, healthcare is not.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The minority is usually always the most outspoken, I've heard a lot of people here calling for an armed revolution and how this will cause the economy to collapse

For all the people crying that this is unconstitutional...well...

The U.S. Supreme Court disagrees with you.
I've been out all day and I've asked a lot of people how they feel about this and they are really looking forward to it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Most people I have talked to or heard talking about it (in the real world, not on the internet) either.

a) Are happy it was upheld.
b) Are very very angry it was upheld, but just because they feel like they "lost" and Obama "won"...but they say they like the benefits they will see from the law.
c) Just don't really care or even know what happened.

Sadly...most people so far outside of the internet are falling into category c.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by krossfyter

You need to study the Constitution, it will explain it to you. Defense of the country is part of our founding, healthcare is not.

but its not defense. no ones coming into my land and killing people or taking my home from me and setting up another government or empire are they?

i understand that its constitutional. that is a good point. but is the constitution perfect?

is it flexable?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
thanks to the others who have answered my question/s as well. im trying to learn here and not take sides.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Im no expert, but from what I have read- The RFID will be introduced into heathcare as the- great new technology..this will consist of all of youre medical records..it will be put into youre right hand or shoulder..this will help and improve customer service..later this will also be used to buy food and pay bills..by just scanning the implant..the plan for everyone is..One World Government..going cashless..They are going to start using the RFID in the Military..the entire process is suppose to become active in 2014. You have to keep reading past page 1001..you also have to look up the wording of information. They are also going to try and force the Swine Flu Shot..this may have the smaller version of the RFID..so no-one would really notice.

Im going to go back and re-read the Bill..I dont think anyone has read the entire bill..People are just not aware of everything that is in it! They stress on the good points..and leave out the hidden..

I work in healthcare..I have several residents just needing Antibotics..and the blank doctor will not treat them..or he just wants as many visits that he can get..and make the money..and then finally give them the medicines that they need..I also have a female that is needing surgery..she has a pin that has came loose from a hip implant..but they will not correct this..they will not do surgery..because she is over 90 years old..I also have a family member fighting to get a cream for infection that her mother has..the doctor will not re-fill the medicine until another doctors visit..this should be re-filled ..continued..the female is just now showing progress..I also have a female that is needing Therapy to help her Leg..basically all she needs is Heat Treatment and Movement..but you have to word this correctly for the insurance to cover this...I went to the doctor and requested a MRI for my poor head..I get offered a CAT because its cheaper..I repeated that I wanted an MRI..then I just looked at my doctor and said forget it..

The problem in Healthcare..Test that need to be done..are not done..What would save allot of people..a Simple MRI included in yearly physical..Complete Blood Work..thats it..but this simple solution is not being done! I work in healthcare..and I dont even want it!
edit on 29-6-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

That funding is Constitutional and an enumerated power. We could digress into a deeper conversation about it, but you are throwing in a red herring to this discussion.

The next logical Constitutional question would be: Does the Constitutional power to Lay and Collect taxes only apply to the valid functions of the Federal Government?

i dont think its a red herring. i dont intend to be misleading or say the argument is invalid. im just curious if there is any hypocrisy in the republicans arguments and concerns.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
also is it true that IRAN doesn't have healthcare?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by muse7

Most people I have talked to or heard talking about it (in the real world, not on the internet) either.

a) Are happy it was upheld.
b) Are very very angry it was upheld, but just because they feel like they "lost" and Obama "won"...but they say they like the benefits they will see from the law.
c) Just don't really care or even know what happened.

Sadly...most people so far outside of the internet are falling into category c.

I love these and agree with your C assertion, but your A and B are quite funny. My guess is both A/B have no idea why they are happy or upset; but you were very specific to point out why they were upset.

Just an observation is all Outkast. Do those who are happy know why they are? They are happy that the crown jewel of President Obama is in fact a tax; when he stumped and utilized the bully pulpit stating it wasn't a tax? They are happy that some people will be penalized and taxed because they choose not to engage in commerce? That the Government can penalize you for not engaging in an activity; as opposed to penalizing (or taxing, not sure which one you want to use since the Government played a bit of sophistry with those) someone for engaging in an activity such as consuming a substance.

Seems when I put it that way to my friends that were "happy" they quietly rethought their stance and the ABC scenario becomes more like:

A: They are happy because their party won.
B: They are pissed because they have new taxes to deal with or cannot understand how the Government can force them to engage in an activity
C: They have no clue nor care what is going on.

Most fall into C, just as yours.

It is President Bush (Sr.) all over again with the "No new taxes" nonsense. Just bait and switch in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

It does not mandate that anyone has to get an RFID chip. What is says is, there will be a national registry of all implanted devices. RFID chips happen to be one of them that would be in the registry.

edit on 29-6-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
ummm, i have a procedural question ... anyone ??
after reading far too many pages already, why 'o why isn't anyone questioning WHY Kagan voted ??
Kagan, with a clearly established "conflict of interest" / Last Year, did agree (then) to recuse herself. so, why are we here, now ??

at 4/4 (rather 5/4) this becomes a Non-issue, as it should be.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Rockpuck

That ruling also puts health insurance out of business, unless they do some weird public-private partnership. I don't think the insurance companies are going to be very happy about this.

Obama just screwed them big time.

TheRedneck

The Insurance companies wrote this bill. It's exactly what they wanted. They are all partying tonight and figuring out which new boat/car to buy.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by THEDUDE86

This recession might.

Not everyone can pay for health care now... it's going to get much more expensive. What do you think people will do? They'll quit buying what little they buy now!

Companies will be forced out of business because they can't pay enough to cover the tax increase... those jobs will be gone... more people out of work and unable to pay.

I will be surprised if we even have health care in five years.

TheRedneck

That's not really how it works in capitalism. More people buying something means more companies want to sell it to them to make money. More companies selling means better prices for the consumer. That's supply and demand. The insurance companies have had this planned for years now. They know they will be dropping their profit margin but also know that their top line revenue will increase by hundreds of millions of dollars. The hospitals know this is coming and welcome the change because it means they will actually get paid for providing a service. I hate to rain on your parade, but this really is a good thing that happened today. Once people get past fear and learn how it works, they will like it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by R3KR
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

This?
www.therightscoop.com...

Universal Health Care would cut that number drastically.

115 Billion a year (2,500 dollar average cost of care per person in the US including any undocumented people) is chump change compared to what we spend killing people in other countries.

truecostblog.com...

A good plan would project cost savings instead of bravely braying how much more it will cost.
I will make the prediction that the quality of my healthcare will decrease at the same time.
Yay! What a great plan!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

The problem is, the same week, the "Supreme Court" told the EPA they could regulate anything even the CO2 we exhale without Congressional authority.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Apollo7

Read page 1001 about the RFID and let me know what you think.

I think that part of the bill applies to tracking medical devices...not humans.

If a certain type of pacemaker keeps failing...we want to be able to track who made it and when. Then we can find other people that may have the same pacemaker currently in them and take action before it fails.

It cost me 360.00 a month to cover me and my youngest child. I only make 10.24 an hour. I have to work overtime just to pay my insurance.

Go to this website, and enter your information.

www.washingtonpost.com...

If I entered it correctly...you shouldn't pay more than $70 a month for insurance once the state exchanges kick in.

I make $9.40/HR, $70 is what I pay for my electric bill. I'll get to choose electricity or healthcare. I'll have to work a second job just to pay Obama. Guess it won't matter after I get locked up in jail for tax evasion.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

if you're like me and have metal in your body, you drive north, or south, till you cross the border!!!
which it doesn't matter if you are talking about on a state level, or national level, sometimes, people like where they are living and kind of resent having to leave because the lawmakers thought it wise to make living in your home no longer possible!!!!

i've checked out the mass. version, and well, I would be screwed if I was living there....I wouldn't be able to afford the insurance on what I make, leave out the three most of the time unemployed sons, at least one, maybe two that I believe I could add to my insurance policy and would feel responsible to do this, along with the uninsured hubby who works for a company that will not have to offer insurance, who I would feel responsible for...
and in the mass program, I did not see any assistance in any programs that would have included me...I would have been left out in the dark paying a tax!!! I expect the same thing on the federal level! so, well, as far as I am concerned, we've got one year to pack our bags, decide which direction we are heading in, and start heading!!!

because, there is no way that I am gonna be working 40 hours a week and end up being responsible for paying more money than I can earn for healthcare!!!

my ancestors fought in the american revoulution, and their offspring is now fleeing the home that they fought for!!!
this year, I will vote with my feet!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I can see whats coming down the pipe next too. Watch the borders tighten up. Passports are going to become impossible to acquire. So if you don't have one now get a passport while you still can.
edit on 6/29/2012 by Soulhacking because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join