It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantifedInfinity

I'm old school, raised in the country, and death is not an issue, in fact, it is common, expected, and if I'm put into a situation where I have to choose death, or accept some miserable form of insurance, or other forms of "candy" thrown out there for myself and other to partake of, I will not hesitate to choose death, and the last words on my lips would be.. "If you think I'm a threat now, just wait until you think I'm dead!".....

Death is inevitable. it comes for us all, sooner or later. the insurance policy has never been underwritten that guarantees physical immortality. There comes a time when the only choice left is how you go. Make it count.

"Death is merely the awakening from a dream of having lived" - Aztec proverb.

edit on 2012/6/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
another question. is auto insurance a tax? and how is this any different or the same?
I think the issue is that you aren't required to have auto insurance, only if you want to own a car. Nobody is forcing you to own a car.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I can hear just fine...I know a condescending jerk when I hear one...but I can also read and find out that she was not addressing the "public" or you you you as YOU like to say...she was addressing fellow politicians, who had a right to know what was in it....

Speaking Tuesday to the 2010 Legislative Conference for the National Association of Counties, Pelosi began the windup of her healthcare pitch by alluding to the controversies over the healthcare bill and the process by which it has reached its current state. Then, just after saying, "It's going to be very, very exciting," Pelosi gaffed, telling the local elected officials assembled that Congress "[has] to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it, away from the fog of controversy." This is the same Nancy Pelosi who, only weeks earlier, was bragging about the transparency of the process that produced the bill that is currently stalled in Congress. The same Pelosi who brushed aside concerns raised by organizations like Let Freedom Ring!--where I am a senior fellow--that members of Congress actually commit to reading the bill before voting for it and that it be posted online for at least 72 hours before any vote so that the American people can read it, too. In fact, as supporters of the current healthcare bill will no doubt point out, the bill Pelosi and the White House are trying to move to the president's desk passed the Senate at Christmas. It has been on the Web for well over 72 hours; indeed it has been discussed and dissected by healthcare policy experts repeatedly over the last two months. But if that is the case, why is Pelosi telling the National Association of Counties that the bill has to pass before they--and the rest of us "can find out what's in it." What is she hiding?

www.usnews.com...

She was PITCHING the bill then telling THEM they had to wait until it was passed to see what was in it, because she is a condescending, crooked jerk....so maybe YOU you you should research a little better before YOU YOU YOU condescend to others. Can YOU hear me ?

PS: I quoted from a liberal paper so you cannot find fault with it and dismiss it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wooster

It will take years before it increases our deficit at kind of like SS.
The uninformed would like you to think it will cost a trillion right out of the blocks.
Here's a suggestion, take any additional costs when they come from the defense budget. That's part of the reason other countries can afford things because they spend a fraction what we do.
Pentagon waste too. Disband 2 of Nixon's mistakes the DEA & the ATF. Bunch of f--ups.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

another question. is auto insurance a tax? and how is this any different or the same?

A completely different scheme. Auto insurance precludes that you are actively engaging in an activity (driving an automobile upon public roads). The scheme is wholly dependent upon an individual's voluntary participation in the licensing scheme that a State has created and citizen's willfully participate within.

Those who choose not to engage in the market or participate in not operating an automobile are excluded from paying the auto insurance fee (obtain insurance to be compliant with the law). But here we are told that we must engage in a market that we haven't yet decided upon if we are going to or not, and be penalized for it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius
reply to post by Wooster

It will take years before it increases our deficit at kind of like SS.
The uninformed would like you to think it will cost a trillion right out of the blocks.
Here's a suggestion, take any additional costs when they come from the defense budget. That's part of the reason other countries can afford things because they spend a fraction what we do.
Pentagon waste too. Disband 2 of Nixon's mistakes the DEA & the ATF. Bunch of f--ups.
A decrease in an over inflated military is already taking place (FORTUNATELY!). I bet a total withdrawal from Afghanistan would pay for health care..and more.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wooster

I think the issue is that you aren't required to have auto insurance, only if you want to own a car. Nobody is forcing you to own a car.

true. but if you do have a car you are forced to have auto insurance.

so how is that a tax?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
can someone answer my first concern:

do we as american tax payers pay for the wars and military spending?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob

Let me explain it this way. One of my kids is mentally gifted. She graduated high school from 10th grade.
She's only 17 and has already finished 2 years of college with a 4.00 and thank god she's not a geek.
Ummmmmmm the colleges she wants to attend for the rest of her Pre-Med classes are out of cash here in California.

The problem is you said California.... If your kid is gifted you are much better off sending her to another top med school that can afford to give her scholarships.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

but I can also read and find out that she was not addressing the "public" or you you you as YOU like to say...she was addressing fellow politicians

The Legislative Conference for the National Association of Counties is not addressing fellow politicians...it is for county officials across the nation.

Not people who are voting on the bill and should have read it.

Continue with your propaganda...dont' let facts get in your way.
edit on 29-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wooster

true. but if you do have a car you are forced to have auto insurance.

so how is that a tax?

It is a State issue and one that isn't characterized as a tax. It is a penalty that the State imposed in the likes of a fine for not maintaining auto insurance. That penalty is only applicable to those that are participating in a particular market (driving an automobile upon public roads).

To your first question: Yes. We pay taxes and Congress, by law and Constitutional authority, must justify a standing army every two years; providing for its funding. Though I am not quite sure what you are getting at here with this line of questioning.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Yes.

If EVERYONE would stop pandering to crooked Politicians,Like Obama,and the Bushes of the World,you wouldn't have to be Taxed to death,wouldn't be on "Kill Lists" and wouldn't have crap forced down your throat,like this Penalty filled ,Big Government,Tax ponzi scheme ,masquerading as a Healthcare Bill.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

She was out "selling" the bill and when you try to sell something but hide the facts...that's fraud..you are the one propagandizing for your king and his minions....we can see what they really are.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
For me it doesn't really matter who is president, or what our country turns into I'll be OK. I can prosper under anything that comes our way.

For those that are not doing well and see this as a magic pill to fix their problems that is a pipe dream. Can anyone think of a government run program that actually has fixed anyone's life problems? Their programs just enslave you into something that you cannot get out of...look at welfare...you get on it and three generations later you wonder what has happened to your family. You rely on SS and you are eating cat food after a few years wondering where did all the money you put into has gone. If you see SS as anymore than beer money you are in trouble, and if you see Obamacare as a cure wait until you see the disease it brings.

I don't think Obama is going to buy me a house and I don't think he is going to keep me healthy the rest of my life, and I don't think a single government program will do anything but enslave those that become a part of it...and doesn't matter the program....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

That depends on how much money you make, and how you spend that money.

I make less than 35k a year, purposely, so that I my tax rebate is 100% what I paid in. Short of Social Security, I pay nothing in the form of federal income tax, so my money does not go to the Wars. I own a Leaf, so I do not spend money on gasoline.

I make less than 35k a year, so I will be exempt from ACA as well. Whatever it is I am asked to pay in 'fines" will be returned to me after I file my tax return.

Vote with your time and money as well as your actual vote.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I like Obama, because he seems to be the only one that cares about poor people. I do not like the Health Care Bill. Read page 1001 about the RFID and let me know what you think. I do not think you should force health care on anyone. We regular Americans cannot afford healthcare as it stands now! It cost me 360.00 a month to cover me and my youngest child. I only make 10.24 an hour. I have to work overtime just to pay my insurance. I work in healthcare and cannot even afford a doctors visit. I find the insurance useless! Forget going to the Dentist or Vision! Americans are already having problems buying Food, Shelter and Gas..much less high insurance cost! There are some good points in the insurance..but to force us..by taxing us..if we dont buy into all of this..come on..we are going to all be moving out in Tents..out in the middle of the woods..hiding from the Tax Boys coming to collect!! Re-Do this Bill and base it on income. Combine the Health with the Dental and Vision..please!

How about getting rid of the Co-Pay and yearly deductable..just a straight rate period..please
edit on 29-6-2012 by Apollo7 because: adding information

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

She was out "selling" the bill and when you try to sell something but hide the facts...that's fraud..you are the one propagandizing for your king and his minions....we can see what they really are.

I never claimed she wasn't selling the bill.

Others were claiming that she and others didn't know what was in the bill before they voted on it.

It's not fraud to highlight the most positive aspects of the bill if you are trying to pass it...and it's not fraud to highlight the most negative aspects of the bill if you are trying to defeat it.

Now, claiming there are death panels or that elderly people will no longer get medical care after a certain age...that is being dishonest about the bill.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

That depends on how much money you make, and how you spend that money.

I make less than 35k a year, purposely, so that I my tax rebate is 100% what I paid in. Short of Social Security, I pay nothing in the form of federal income tax, so my money does not go to the Wars. I own a Leaf, so I do not spend money on gasoline.

I make less than 35k a year, so I will be exempt from ACA as well. Whatever it is I am asked to pay in 'fines" will be returned to me after I file my tax return.

Vote with your time and money as well as your actual vote.

how much do you have to make to pay for military spending/war taxes?

also if the republicans and GOP are upset about having to pay for something someone else needs or wants - obamacare why arent they upset about people having to pay for something someone else feels they dont need or want... that is funding needless wars?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

I like Obama, because he seems to be the only one that cares about poor people.

He cares about your vote.....

How did poor people do under 8 years of Clinton? How much better are you now after 4 years of Obama? How worst were you after 8 years of Bush?

Think about it.....

I personally had less buying power in 2000 than in 1992, and I had more buying power in 2008 than 2000, and now I have a hell of a lot less buying power in 2012 than 2008....
edit on 29-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Read page 1001 about the RFID and let me know what you think.

I think that part of the bill applies to tracking medical devices...not humans.

If a certain type of pacemaker keeps failing...we want to be able to track who made it and when. Then we can find other people that may have the same pacemaker currently in them and take action before it fails.

It cost me 360.00 a month to cover me and my youngest child. I only make 10.24 an hour. I have to work overtime just to pay my insurance.

Go to this website, and enter your information.

www.washingtonpost.com...

If I entered it correctly...you shouldn't pay more than $70 a month for insurance once the state exchanges kick in.

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join