It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Read thru these 60 pages and see for
Yourself. I'm not exaggerating.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

when this thing really gets going, all costs will skyrocket.

Yep...like every other thing the Federal Government is responsible for,
this one too will fail under the burden of its own weight!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Not all, but a good lot of us are indeed "off" a bit.

When I watch as this thread that Outkast, whom I do not agree with in political ends, keeps it quite objective and on target, descend into "well ATS is this" and "they are that" nonsense....I speak up.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Really ? There is no way people knew what was in it, nobody on this earth can read 1000 pages of legal jargon in a matter of hours. Plus obama said he was going to allow us to read it, and even have a live stream on cspan?..did that ever happen?

or did you just want to get the quote right?

The health care bill was debated for a year.

The final bill that was passed was available online for over a month.

And yes...there were open discussions on CSPAN...maybe you missed them...but I watched them.

Here...you can watch them now.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius

Read thru these 60 pages and see for
Yourself. I'm not exaggerating.

I read through the 130+ pages of something that actually matters. These 60 pages are nothing (considering most are pointless regurgitation of some point or another and have no real substance or personal critical thought). I read what the Justices wrote -- both conferring and dissenting. Can you say the same? Or are you parroting what you were told via your source?

Cause from the looks of your posts, that is what you and a multitude of posters; on both sides, are doing. Just spout off whatever some talking head has reiterated from some other talking head.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

She did so. She said Congress would have to pass the bill to see what's in it.

It's right there in your video for craps sake...listen with your ears.

Here...I'll give the exact quote.

But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

So she is saying that they have to pass the bill so YOU....YOU...YOU can find out what is in it....not WE....YOU.

She was talking about all the false propaganda the right was giving out about the healthcare bill.

Unbelievable that people still use this misquote as her saying "we have to pass it so we can find out what's in it"....people post a video where they can hear what she says....and they still mis-quote it.

Well why didn't her big mouth just explain
it to US US US peons before HAND??

link   
reply to post by burntheships

Its going to be so exciting to see what happens to health care in this country, and what great things the king has provided for us! Turn on the money press's!, let if flow, free candy and bandages for everyone!

(Sorry been to alot of sites with college kids that dont understand how the world works...)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Lay your facts down man! No need to belittle the whole discussion.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Parroting what I heard? No I've paid attention in real time for the last 4 years.
Maybe you think my taxes will pay for someone with no insurance too?
Trick question because I already do. Now I won't.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Problem with listening skills?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius

Parroting what I heard? No I've paid attention in real time for the last 4 years.
Maybe you think my taxes will pay for someone with no insurance too?
Trick question because I already do. Now I won't.

Than I have to ask you to read through the 60 pages also -- because I am no fan of this but if you can show me where in Chief Roberts' opinion, that Congress has the plenary power to levy a tax is wrong, I will gladly listen.

I am damn happy with much of the ruling because the Supreme Court curtailed the Commerce Clause and put the Necessary and Proper Clause squarely in its place. Making the Government admit that the penalty is indeed a tax is a plus. It now is squarely back in the hands of our Representatives to prove that Americans indeed need to be taxed because they will not engage in an act of commerce.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I don't need health insurance for my hearing she said "but we will have to pass the bill so YYYYYYOOOOOUUUU will know what's in it"
YOU the public, you, Time tothink, can't fall back on a failed memory But it would be nice to hear the whole thing.
It was up on the web for a month. If the Republicans in the House didn't read it was because they had no intention of voting for it.
If Obama said eating broccoli was good for you the Republicans would refussseee......
If Obama said eating dog turds were bad for you....well.....I know what would happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Why are you so selfish, you should be proud you helped some one out, like, what’s wrong with that...like, not really understanding your SELFISH, SELFNESS, UNGODLY UNRIGHTEOUS ATTITUDE SIR !.

edit on 28-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: BECAUSE SHEEPLE MAKE ME SICK

His "ungodly attitude"? I'm guessing he's not a god, so that would pretty much explain that.

As far as "selfishness" goes, charity begins at home. Take care of your own, and permit the rest of us to take care of ours. I don't need you or anyone else to decide for me who I need to help, or who deserves my help.

I take it you fancy yourself to be somewhat religious, so here you go:

"If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."

1 Timothy 5:8

Don't be messing with my ability to take care of my own - you'll lose, I promise.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Problem with listening skills?

Mine are just fine...I know exactly what she said and the context of it.

How are your listening skills?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
reply to post by QuantifedInfinity

No one is going to keep you from the desert or the wood chipper if you choose that end.

Believe it or not, it's not all about you. This has little to nothing to do with you, you are free to go down in flames. This is about improving one of the worst things about our nation at the moment, countless people will benefit. Sad that so many think only about their interests,

p.s., thank you for serving our country.
edit on 6/28/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

It becomes all about us when you go to picking OUR pockets to keep yourself in the style to which you want to become accustomed, at the expense of our own. It becomes all about us when you are forcing US into your world. We don't want to be there. We don't want to participate. We want to go down in our own flames if it comes to that, not yours.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Making the Government admit that the penalty is indeed a tax is a plus. It now is squarely back in the hands of our Representatives to prove that Americans indeed need to be taxed because they will not engage in an act of commerce.

Very astute points you have made obe,

My hats off to you for your dissection of the abscess.

I am not holding my breath on this, yet clearly the emporer has no clothes.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
question. who is paying for the wars/battles every military expense that is happening by the us military?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It's started. Already shooting and misfiring.
Kind of like the panic started by drama queens here:
www.indystar.com... -attacks?odyssey=nav%7Chead

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
another question. is auto insurance a tax? and how is this any different or the same?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I think I am missing a part of this puzzle piece here, and I'm trying hard to look at this objectively.

How is this going to increase our deficit? If we require insurance of all people, and they have to pay private insurance companies, and if they don't they are fined a tax, how exactly does that equal MORE government spending?

Less people on Medicaid, more taxes = more money coming in.

Not trying to troll, perhaps I am actually ignorant on this issue so please someone fill in the puzzle piece.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join