It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by AwakeinNM

It's still unconstitutional, regardless of Roberts' mild stroke.

You are free to have that opinion...although your opinion doesn't matter.

Thats right peon!!! Your opinion does not matter,
so sit down and shut up!!!! Big brother has a bat to shove
up your rump and your going to like it too YOU HEAR ME PEON!!!

Maybe right now you think this guys opinion does not matter
but soon enough rest a sure it is coming,
OUR VOTE DOES MATTER
and you will be hearing from us VERY soon

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mrballistic

OUR VOTE DOES MATTER

His opinion doesn't matter in regards to the Constitutionality of this bill.

I'm sorry if you don't like that...but none of our opinions matter. Only the opinions of the SCOTUS justices matter...and this is declared by the Constitution itself.

If you don't like it...then you are saying you don't like the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
articles from last March say the CBO is saying the costs will go up.

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 -- Yahoo story

President Obama's landmark healthcare overhaul is projected to cost $1.76 trillion over a decade, reports the Congressional Budget Office a hefty sum more than the $940 billion estimated when the healthcare legislation was signed into law. To put it mildly, ObamaCare's projected net worth is far off from its original estimate -- in fact, about $820 billion off.

Backtracking to his September 2009 remarks to a joint session of Congress on healthcare, Obama asserted the following: "Now, add it all up, and the plan I'm proposing will cost around $900 billion over 10 years -- less than we have spent on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and less than the tax cuts for the wealthiest few Americans that Congress passed at the beginning of the previous administration."

When the final CBO report was released before the law's passage, critics surmised that the actual 10-year cost would far exceed the advertised projections. In other words, the numbers were seemingly obscured through a political ploy devised to jam the legislation through Congress.
CBO: ObamaCare Price Tag Shifts from $940 Billion to $1.76 Trillion

when this thing really gets going, all costs will skyrocket.

link   

reply to post by niceguybob

How can you possibly take anyone seriously, on a logical level that says sign the bill and then we'll read it?

Because that's not what she said. So how am I supposed to take someone seriously who mis-quotes people to attempt to spread false propaganda???

She did so. She said Congress would have to pass the bill to see what's in it.

link   
reply to post by R3KR

Actually here's an article on the right scoop that Says Obama lied when he said he wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class.

www.therightscoop.com...

The people who need help with health insurance aren't middle class, ha!
If you are middle class and bitching about having to buy health insurance GROW UP, take resposibility for yourself and family. Just because you don't need it doesn't mean you won't. Get a check up you might find you need health care.
How do you like that for a conservative answer?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius
reply to post by R3KR

You got that shhhhuuuppphhh from "the right scoop"?
I'll log that one with the chick pushing Limbaugh.
Hahahaha

I was actually looking for someone else, I thought that might be the source.

Unfunded liabilities: 61 Trillion
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
i don't get why people are freaking out about taxes going up. if you HAVE insurance you won't notice anything other than some better options. the only people affected are the people who try to skirt by without insurance. every single person would rather have insurance than not. we all want insurance.... and we want to be able to afford it.

people are acting as if many people chose to go without insurance because they just don't want it. that's BS. one car accident and you could lose everything. no one wants to live like that.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really don't see how auto insurance can be mandated but to do so with health care is unconstitutional? Uninsured citizens cost the industry billions and raise the health care costs for the rest of us. If one is unconstitutional shouldn't the other also be unconstitutional?

Furthermore I'm disgusted that nine individuals decide the entire direction of our country.

ETA: CNN: Court may uphold the mandate through a tax clause....
edit on 6/28/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

did you forget that owning a car is a privilege?
edit on 29-6-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I'm sorry if you don't like that...but none of our opinions matter. Only the opinions of the SCOTUS justices matter...and this is declared by the Constitution itself.

Nope.

I don't like how SCOTUS has said it's okay to kill unborn babies. Now they okay'd fascism.

We love the Constitution.

Not this bastardised interpretation.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It's right there in your video for craps sake...listen with your ears.

Here...I'll give the exact quote.

But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

So she is saying that they have to pass the bill so YOU....YOU...YOU can find out what is in it....not WE....YOU.

She was talking about all the false propaganda the right was giving out about the healthcare bill.

Unbelievable that people still use this misquote as her saying "we have to pass it so we can find out what's in it"....people post a video where they can hear what she says....and they still mis-quote it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

You are exactly right but ATS is a conservative sight lately and none of what you said will cut the propaganda!
Amazing how much they will ignore to go ahead and make false claims.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

You are exactly right but ATS is a conservative sight lately and none of what you said will cut the propaganda!

As opposed to the last week claim that ATS is a liberal slight? And the cycle continues on an on......

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

reply to post by R3KR

Actually here's an article on the right scoop that Says Obama lied when he said he wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class.

www.therightscoop.com...

The people who need help with health insurance aren't middle class, ha!
If you are middle class and bitching about having to buy health insurance GROW UP, take resposibility for yourself and family. Just because you don't need it doesn't mean you won't. Get a check up you might find you need health care.
How do you like that for a conservative answer?

Wow, good video.
I think most people that take care of things already have insurance, the whole thing is people will get health for free and taxes will pay for it. We are going to end up like greece, why work when someone else will pay for you?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really don't see how auto insurance can be mandated but to do so with health care is unconstitutional? Uninsured citizens cost the industry billions and raise the health care costs for the rest of us. If one is unconstitutional shouldn't the other also be unconstitutional?

Furthermore I'm disgusted that nine individuals decide the entire direction of our country.

ETA: CNN: Court may uphold the mandate through a tax clause....
edit on 6/28/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

did you forget that owning a car is a privilege?
edit on 29-6-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

Owning a car is not a privilege! Good lord and I have to digress because this is completely off-topic.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Lately? Where you been the last 3 years?

Neo and Xuenchen on several occasions alone have made the front page resemble WND or a right wing think tank.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't like how SCOTUS has said it's okay to kill unborn babies.

I don't like that ruling either...but I'm not going to sit here and say that it is Unconstitutional...because right now it is 100% Constitutional.

I will say it is 100% immoral and wrong...but the SCOTUS doesn't judge on morality and rightness.

But, my opinion doesn't matter...only those who sit on the court have opinions that actually matter.

The law is the law...you don't have to like it...you can fight to change it...but you can't sit there and continue to call something Unconstitutional while it is currently ruled as Constitutional.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Lately? Where you been the last 3 years?

Neo and Xuenchen on several occasions alone have made the front page resemble WND or a right wing think tank.

Two posters dictate the slant? Good lord even ATS is subjected to the nonsense. Glad I make my circle with those above the politics and about freedom because you all are insane.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It's right there in your video for craps sake...listen with your ears.

Here...I'll give the exact quote.

But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

So she is saying that they have to pass the bill so YOU....YOU...YOU can find out what is in it....not WE....YOU.

She was talking about all the false propaganda the right was giving out about the healthcare bill.

Unbelievable that people still use this misquote as her saying "we have to pass it so we can find out what's in it"....people post a video where they can hear what she says....and they still mis-quote it.

Really ? There is no way people knew what was in it, nobody on this earth can read 1000 pages of legal jargon in a matter of hours. Plus obama said he was going to allow us to read it, and even have a live stream on cspan?..did that ever happen?

or did you just want to get the quote right?
edit on 29-6-2012 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

reply to post by mrballistic

OUR VOTE DOES MATTER

Today's opinion WILL be voiced, heard
and turned into action in november at the voting booth..

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Not all, but a good lot of us are indeed "off" a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join