It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The supreme court further proves it is not about the Constitution at all, but only politics.

These jackasses have proven time and again that they are irrelevant.

Today....well just another day in what used to be a free country.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really don't see how auto insurance can be mandated but to do so with health care is unconstitutional?

Auto insurance is for those who chose to buy a car. You don't have to own a car if you don't want to. Therefore, you don't have to buy car insurance if you don't want to ... only if you want to have a car. The new healthcare TAX (and that's what SCOTUS just called it .. a TAX) is mandated for everyone .. no matter what.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I can now be forced by the goverment to buy whatever they see fit.

I remember the days when in america men were free.......

You mean 11 yrs ago ? before 9/11
Thanks to those responsible
their plan to control america and the americans by the balls has succeed
they know when people have fear .. they will pay their tx and shut up

before people had fear in terrorist now they fear the government more and by far
if you dont pay your tx .. they can sell your house and put you and your familly in the streets

This all be over in 6 months .. patience people dont give up hope

link   
Expansion of medicare, which was already in danger of being insolvent by 2024? The very same medicare that some doctors, including my own, are wanting to no longer take as a form of insurance because they pay so little? So will the extra taxation be used to solve the insolvency problem?

link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

States that opted out will not be getting any FEDERAL funding for healthcare. They have to come up with it all on their own.

So...... congratulations if you don't want Medicare anymore.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

read the ruling....that was the ONE thing that the supreme court said COULD NOT happen...

however future project funds like new highway construction would be at risk

but seriously. dont spread false info

Thank you DUDE...I realize we are still in the confusion faze here, but I still appreciate any and all you posters, who can explain this better to some like myself...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by underduck

I have to disagree with your statement. Everyone has always had the right to healthcare. This is shown all the time with underprivileged people going to the ER and receiving care even if they have no means to cover the costs.

This law is now forcing everyone, wealthy and not so much, to purchase healthcare insurance or face a tax. It has nothing do do with the rights of an individual.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

If I am in error, then I apologize.

If I'm right , then it stands.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So let me get this straight, I will have more taxes taken out to pay for my medical needs and everyone Else's medical needs even if they aren't paying taxes themselves.

So in a sense I just added 350 million people to my insurance benefits at my place of work? So even though Joe Blow eats a buffet once or twice a day smokes in-between breathes and drinks as much as he breathes I am expected to help cover the cost via taxes of his insanely self-destructive lifestyle and obvious inevitable medical intervention costs?

saweeeeet

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yetichi
i saw the false report on cnn.com saying the mandate was struck down and immediately grabbed a picture of the screen because it reminded me of the building 7 news fiasco on 9/11. i realize that all these msm sites probably have multiple versions of the outcomes of major stories already set up to post, however, it is strange to think they could commit such an error as just putting up the completely wrong one. well i guess not. they just want to try to be the "first" even though it means nothing online when thousands of other sites are also awaiting the ruling.

You can put away the tinfoil hat... In the rush to report the decision news channels didnt take into account Roberts ruled on all 3 arguments the government made.

He found the first 2 arguments - Commerce Clause and the Necessary and Proper Clause, were unconstitutional while he upheld the law under the ability to tax position.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So much to say I don't know where to begin!

I though Obama campaigned with the promsie to not raise taxes for those making less than $250,000? I mean, he broke that promise years ago but not in this big of a way.

And I sure do wish I was a corporation who could have the US government force everyone to buy my product. Instant win!

For those who said a lack of insurance is what drove up medical costs- that isn't true. It was insurance that caused healthcare prices to soar. Try this experiment- go in for a major procedure. With your insurance, it would be around $40,000. Now go as a cash pay patient. Your bill will now be around $10,000.

And before anyone gets the wrong idea and prejudges me- I'm one of the few conservatives I know who actually supports socialized medicine- at least the option. But this is not it.

As for the car insurance analagoy- people can choose to not own a car. No one can choose to not have a body.

Well, away we go I suppose.
edit on 6/28/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

If the ruling on the medicare / medicaid section of the law. If they understand it correctly, that section, which required states to increase the number of people and spend money as the law states, was restricted then the remainder of the law, while upheld, is invalid.

I heard Megyn Kelly try to argue that...funny how they have taken her off the air now and put Cavuto on.

Bottom line here is that if States don't follow the law, even though the Federal government can't restrict funding...they can still take them to court for not following the law. They will bleed them dry in court if they don't want to follow it.

The only people this will effect are poor people...so if your State decides not to follow the law...all they are doing is screwing over low income people in order to play politics.

The ruling on that section would allow states to opt out of the program without conflicting with federal law.

No, incorrect.

They will be clearly conflicting with the law...the only thing SCOTUS said is that the Federal government can't restrict their funding as a penalty. They can still take them to court or enforce other penalties for not following the law.

link   
Ha!

I guess we'll be hearing all about death panels again. Sarah Palin's getting a little long in the tooth, though. They might better find some other ex-cheerleader to rant off about those scary government bureaucrats.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This has set a very dangerous precedent. Now with this ruling it seems that the Federal Government can force anyone to buy a product as long as it calls it a TAX.

Politicians = Organized crime. The ReBloodicans and the Democrypts indeed.

Reading the dissent.

Powerful!

This should have been the Majority

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

you are wrong.....

I am 100% right

What you are saying was the argument that states were making because the Feds were threatening to take all federal funding for healthcare to states...THe SOCUS said that was unconstitutional.....

but the feds have other ways to get the states to do what they want....such as other federal funds for projects
edit on 28-6-2012 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
That ruling also puts health insurance out of business,

Two years ago we signed up for Long Term Health Insurance. (you know .. nursing home insurance). We've been putting money into it for a while now. I"m wondering what will happen with that. Did we just waste a few thousand dollars?

Gov't nursing home care can't possibly be as good as private nursing home care.
Afterall .. they screw EVERYTHING up that they touch.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Reply to post by SWCCFAN

Im very much looking forward to seeing South Park rip this to shreds.
They usually nail it.
Should make for some very entertaining construction cut outs.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I agree with those who say this is a win for corporations.

Ultra-Conservative Chief Justice Roberts - crossing over and voting with the liberal judges just proved, once again, that corporate America controls the court, congress and the President.

While we are all arguing about ideology and politics, the corporate cash register is cha-chinging.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by THEDUDE86

This recession might.

Not everyone can pay for health care now... it's going to get much more expensive. What do you think people will do? They'll quit buying what little they buy now!

Companies will be forced out of business because they can't pay enough to cover the tax increase... those jobs will be gone... more people out of work and unable to pay.

I will be surprised if we even have health care in five years.

TheRedneck

And current health insurance providers will have to start laying people off making it even worse.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If it's constitutional it's constitutional, but doesn't mean it's the rule of the land, and it doesn't mean it will stay put!

Don't lose hope.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I heard Megyn Kelly try to argue that...funny how they have taken her off the air now and put Cavuto on.

They took her off because she had been on for an hour and that's how long the guests stay on. Carl Rove and The Judge were also on for the hour and then came off. Putting Cavuto on made sense. He can now discuss the impact this NEW TAX will have on small business owners. It won't be good ...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join