It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I believe that the health care law expanded medicare by raising the minimum household income required to participate in the plan and that states which refused to expand their medicare plans would loose their federal funding. The SCOUS ruled that the federal gov't could expand medicare but could not repeal funds to the states which did not comply with this expansion.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I feel that you are being an extremist on this issue

what if medical cost goes down because of this? wouldnt that replace burdens on these insurance companies you say will be so hurt by this tax (we must call it a tax now and not a mandate)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
They dropped the ball on this one. This what happens when you leave the decision making in the hands of unelected lords of all creation in black robes. How can the government force people to purchase health insurance or even compel them to pay a tax on it? I am sorry, but that individual mandate is downright creepy. Jail time and fines for not having health insurance? I remember hearing about that when this thing passed.

What the heck were those judges thinking? I am floored by this! The whole thing should have been tossed into the waste bin of history, but now we are stuck with it. Furthermore, they just gave the President all the ammo he needs to get re-elected. This is what the President was waiting for, and now he has a major victory to taut along campaign trail. Get ready for another four years! Any idea if the state's have a say in how this law is implemented in their areas of jurisdiction? Time to go take a cold shower.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I can now be forced by the goverment to buy whatever they see fit.

I remember the days when in america men were free.......

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by skepticconwatcher

So if Chirstie opts for NJ to not take part in the ACA, then Jersey seniors will not receive their Medicare?
Is that what's happening?
That's even worse!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Thank you to all the posters who took the time to help me understand this ruling...

link   
i saw the false report on cnn.com saying the mandate was struck down and immediately grabbed a picture of the screen because it reminded me of the building 7 news fiasco on 9/11. i realize that all these msm sites probably have multiple versions of the outcomes of major stories already set up to post, however, it is strange to think they could commit such an error as just putting up the completely wrong one. well i guess not. they just want to try to be the "first" even though it means nothing online when thousands of other sites are also awaiting the ruling.

link   
Just saw an interesting interview with an analyst who underscored that one of the most conservative Chief Justices ever, upheld and wrote the majority opinion on a key piece of legislation from a Democrat President. The interviewer asked him if he thought Justice Roberts did this to avoid controversy and a political fight. The analyst said no, that it was a simple case of the Justice buying the valid argument that it may not be applicable under commerce but is under taxation.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wow! Doesn't this mean that the health insurance industry now has 30 million new customers! They must be .... be.... be ECSTATIC. Score another one for corporate America!

link   
The word for the day .... UNSUSTAINABLE.

The new TAX that the SCOTUS just burdened us all with ....
All the hundreds of political favor waivers Obama has handed out ...
All the small business' that'll suffer, lay off, or go out of business ...

Obamacare = UNSUSTAINABLE.

link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

States that opted out will not be getting any FEDERAL funding for healthcare. They have to come up with it all on their own.

So...... congratulations if you don't want Medicare anymore.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

read the ruling....that was the ONE thing that the supreme court said COULD NOT happen...

however future project funds like new highway construction would be at risk

but seriously. dont spread false info

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Health Care Decision

Ruling - 193 pages pdf link

+2 more 
link   
I think some of you guys are missing the point. This is a HUGE human rights victory. Giving everyone right to health care is far more important than any petty squabbles we have with the current or past administrations.

link   
reply to post by spinalremain

His choice though. I mean, he can't have it both ways.

If you don't want "BIG GUMMINT" all up in your business, then don't take "BIG GUMMINT" money.

He claims he knows how to run the state so well, let's see him do it.

link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
I'm in NJ. They are saying Christy opted out, as did a few other states.. Where does this leave us, I wonder??? So confusing

It leaves the residents of NJ screwed.

Because they are still subject to the mandate and the tax if they don't get insurance, but Christy took away a very valid option of them going on to State medicaid.

Christy just screwed his residents to play politics if this is true.

link   
Nobody will consider the fact that the justice is a corporate shill.
SCOTUS is now 8-0 when it comes to supporting corporations. Insurance companies are going to have a field day with this. I can hear them partying already.
"ceeeeeelebrate good times.........buy me!"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well, when you put it that way, it does make sense. The court can't be out to just trash it from an ideological perspective, that would be too political.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
MURDOCH on fox news just said that since this passed medical expenses will go down

so for all you extremist who keep saying the end of healthcare is coming. why not listen to one of your own

link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by THEDUDE86

This recession might.

Mandate goes into effect when?

Not everyone can pay for health care now...

Yes. about 50 Million americans..not including those that go hungry and work crappy jobs just to keep the little insurance they do have...that is the point.

ACA has subsidies for the poor that range from covering 10% to a 100% of the costs.

it's going to get much more expensive.

No it is not. ACA limits the amount that Insurance companies can jack up rates and demands a refund if the insurance companies have a profit margin that exceeeds 20%...Here in Illinois we are getting rebates this year from BCBS.

Companies will be forced out of business because they can't pay enough to cover the tax increase... those jobs will be gone... more people out of work and unable to pay.

I will be surprised if we even have health care in five years.

TheRedneck

Unsupported rhetoric I'd expect to here Rick Perry pull out of his butt, not you RN.

link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

"I can now be forced by the goverment to buy whatever they see fit."

WRONG!!! You can now be forced by the government to buy whatever CORPORATE AMERICA sees fit!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join