It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by jibeho
This decision will backfire in November as Independent and Republican voters turn out in record numbers due to this decision alone. Then of course it will be readily repealed. This an energizing moment! Remember how charged up the voters got in 2010 when Obamacare was passed.

People who are against the healthcare bill were voting Republican already anyway.

Republicans lost a common talking point and rally cry...which was that this was Unconstitutional. Despite of what Rand Paul says...as of right now....this bill is declare Constitutional.

Now Romney has to somehow justify why the plan he championed isn't good enough for the Nation. His argument used to be that it isn't Constitutional...he lost that argument today. So where does he go with this???

Were you by any chance aware that so far Romney has raised 2.1 million dollars in campaign funds just today in lieu of this court decision? The Tea Party woke up again.

link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Made me laugh.

link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
oh, son of a bitch.....I just got home and this....
dahangg

Well put lol....

What I want to see now is a requirement forcing Congress and the Executive to use ObamaCare. I think if they are going to force the issue then they should be affected by it.

I wonder if it would go anywhere using the We the People as well as Congresses version.?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by mrballistic

Getting a bit out of topic, I always feel that it has to be the food we eat, what we are feeding our children and the diet that the last generation are under, the over vaccinations, over medications and manufactured food.

My grandfather was 100 when he died and he had prostate cancer for 25 years, refused treatment and prostate cancer didn't kill him, old age did.

Now when a man gets protate cancer the younger he is the worst the outcome, very sad.

Bad food areT are the things my parents and my husband parents never eat, also something my husband and I avoid like the plague.

Before calling children and people with cancer a burden on the medicalcare system i'd call
my parents and tell them they are more of the burden for collecting
social security for over 30 years, In the long run who is costing more money?
The people who have and will collect social security for 4 decades drain the system
more then a 5 year old who dies from cancer.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really don't see how auto insurance can be mandated but to do so with health care is unconstitutional?

STATES mandate auto insurance, therein lies your confusion.

Even that's not quite correct. The difference between the two is that no one is forced to buy an automobile, and without an automobile, there's no need for auto insurance.

I think the ruling is laughable. How the hell is the mandate a 'tax' when the tax in this case is being paid to private industry? If that's a tax, we're all totally, utterly and completely screwed, because this ruling means the government can dictate our activity in the marketplace for any product should they choose to do so.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius
reply to post by butcherguy

How many people think a question is a statement?
Does your job carry your health insurance? Most people have this. Tax is only those with no health insurance.
Do you understand that or do you need a sign?

Then it is an unequal tax, and some people are more equal than me if they can escape the "tax" by purchasing a non-product..

Everyone would have been a lot better off if they'd foot their own bills and let me take care of mine as I see fit, because I'm going to anyway, and a lot of heartache will ensue.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius

How many people think a question is a statement?
Does your job carry your health insurance? Most people have this. Tax is only those with no health insurance.
Do you understand that or do you need a sign?
Hello you impressive Mensa member.
Understand this. Not everyone that receives a paycheck has health insurance.

Here is what you wrote, just in case it slipped from that tack-sharp genius mind of yours:

You get a paycheck? Then you should have health insurance from your employer! This place is funny, how many people here think if you have health insurance think they will be taxed?

Are you that out of touch with the common person that you think a paycheck automatically comes with health insurance?

You should try being a migrant worker for a week, might bring you back down to Earth, where us stupid folk that require your 'signs' live.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Even that's not quite correct. The difference between the two is that no one is forced to buy an automobile, and without an automobile, there's no need for auto insurance.

True, but based on Chief Justice Roberts' opinion, State government would be compelled now to levy a penalty on those not engaged in the activity of operating an automobile to be part of the "shared responsibility" because they might one day engage in that market.

Though he did argue that one day, we will engage in the market of health-care (but neglects to say there are those that never would or who have been responsible in their own affairs), it is using foreshadowing on a perceived absolute.

It is the part of the ruling I do have a problem with.

edit on 28-6-2012 by ownbestenemy because: Fixed the quoting...sorry Vor.

edit on 28-6-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Hurray for Obama!

(I just like to antagonize sometimes..
)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
How many people in here think the Supreme Court Justices are bought and paid for?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by texasgirl
My good friend is upset about this because he is unemployed and hearing impaired. His big complaint is that he is now forced to buy insurance and most insurance plans don't even cover hearing loss. What a ripoff!

If he is unemployed, he will qualify for Medicaid.

You should comfort him by providing him with facts.

OH. MY. GOSH.

Comfort him with WHAT, you sanctimonious Blue Blight? Many states Medicaid do not cover hearing services, especially for adults. Of the states that do, virtually all have limitations, including not replacing lost devices or buying batteries. "Well, we can fix you up with a hearing aid, but unless you can afford the batteries, it ain't gonna do you much good."

Source

Her screen name is "texasgirl," so, we'll presume her friend is also in Texas. And here's what the portion for TEXAS says: "Note: On February 23, 2012, Health and Human Services Commission proposed to limit coverage for hearing aids for adults to one hearing aid if there is hearing loss in both ears. Adults with hearing loss in one ear will no longer qualify for coverage of a hearing aid." Boy, ain't that nice? Do you get to hear out of both of your ears?

Maybe he's not in Texas; maybe he's just close to Texas; after all, we share borders with 4 states.

Maybe her friend is in Oklahoma? "OKLAHOMA: Not covered."

Or New Mexico: "Hearing aid insurance is required at the time the hearing aid is dispensed. Replacement of hearing aids is limited to the provisions of the hearing aid insurance; the providers are responsible for obtaining insurance for every hearing aid purchased."

Or Louisiana: LOUISIANA: Not covered.

Or Arkansas! Yeah, he might be in Arkansas: ARKANSAS: Not covered

Many state Medicaid programs cover NOTHING for the hearing impaired. Every state has DIFFERENT Medicaid qualifications. He might not even qualify FOR Medicaid in Texas for all you know.

If you had any REAL information, you'd shut up and go permanently seclude yourself due to gross embarrassment.

"Comfort him," indeed. Maybe you could comfort the rest of us by LEARNING some facts before your mouth or your fingers make any more movements.

I've seen a lot of people blanket a forum or thread with a lot of disinformation, but YOU? Boy, you WIN! You are the Blue King of Disinformation. Try sticking to your ridiculous script that no one is buying - that's bad enough - your ad libs are utter failures.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

As an original baby boomer (born in '46), I've never hesitated to personally and happily file my income taxes, pay additional taxes for health insurance and everything else the government dings me with. This is because the time between 1960 and 2005 were fairly stable with employment opportunity and I knew the things that the money was paying for were good things... like roads, hospitals, bridges and infrastructure of all kinds.

Since 2005, all of that has gone to hell in a handbasket. There's no jobs because manufacturing has left the continent, greedy bankers loaned out money nobody could pay back, oil and gas got too expensive (for whatever reasons) and food got to be a bit of a luxury.

You want to blame the whiny boomers? OK... that's your right.

I blame crappy politicians, greedy corporations, bad educations and starry eyed thirty-somethings thinking they could go into debt $500,000 without any risk because their bank said "go for it".

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Then it is an unequal tax, and some people are more equal than me if they can escape the "tax" by purchasing a non-product..

Great point about insurance being a non-product. You pay money for a service that you may never use. It is gambling.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
How many people in here think the Supreme Court Justices are bought and paid for?

Explain and I might consider you point of contention valid.....you cannot just ask this question without giving explanation in my opinion.

Question to you: Did you even read the ruling or just basing your opinion off what others have told you to think? I can at least say that everything I wrote here is because I came to that conclusion and not some news pundit or talking-head told me so.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

okay, we need a defination for baby boomer here...
I'm in my early 50's and thought I was one of the boomers, the tailend of them, but boomer!!

the rest of the post is to those nice young gen xers..!!
ya I really had it all!!

hunger.....yep!
lack of medical care....yep...
substandard housing, homelessness...yep...
lack of heat, water, tv, phone, car, clothing, ....yep....yep....yep.yep.yep!!!

funny thing about it is....
all the while, income was being taken from my familiy in the form of taxes so that those poor little gen xers wouldn't have to endure such horrible fates!!!

you are buying into a lie!! I can't put it any clearer than that! ya see, they are conning you, is your mom or dad a boomer? if so, who do you think will be taking care of them when they are too old or sick to work when their ira's are wiped out, there is little value in the homes that they've invested in, the social security that they had been paying all their lives is gone.....to save you poor kids from the burden or course. we could all sit down and start going though the books for the federal gov't and it's many, oh so many, agencies, and I'd almost be willing to bet we could find enough cash that had been spent on crap that we all could agree was wasteful and useless that we could probably cut taxes, have decent healthcare, and still have a strong defense and gov't. that's where the money goes, to useless crap that only serves to take money out of our pockets and put it into someone's buddies instead!! how do you think we ended up with all those stupid dna scramblers at the airport that will probably make having a decent healthcare system even more vital in the future!

they are just trying to divide us....any way they can! better we fight each other than to turn our attention their way!

edit on 28-6-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Most companies carry health coverage:

ehbs.kff.org...

Are you a migrant worker or are you just setting up a straw man?
I'll bet you get coverage at work.
My point is only those without health coverage get taxed!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill

www.volokh.com...

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Something makes me think this day was a lot of peoples "wait a minute... we're being screwed" moment in America.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Love u beezzer!

A vote for Obama is a vote for the destruction of America.

A vote for any of these guys is a vote for the destruction of America! Our government is so obscenely past bipartisan political issues it's ridiculous. At the end of the day, both the democrats and republicans are laughing at us. Yes, generally speaking, democrats give our money away and republicans want large amounts of money in the hands of a few, but most partisan issues are distractors for only the most naive and dim-witted. Nothing I know of politicians and/or politics convinces me otherwise. Politicians, along with MSM bobble-heads are like vultures, preying on our fears, our dreams, our hopes, our mistakes, our assumptions, our biases, and especially, most importantly, our hate.

Example: Congressman to congressional aide..."What don't we like this year?" Response..."Gays, sir. The gays are stirring up a lot of trouble. It seems they want to get married." Congressman..."Right! We don't like gays. Allowing gays to marry will bring about the annihilation of the space-time continuum. Gays are the reason marriages are failing as a construct in both concept and execution! I hope I can remember all that! What's for lunch?"

edit on 28-6-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Rush Limbaugh?????
When is he moving to Mexico?
Canada wouldn't have him. He said he'd move right?

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join