It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

God help us if one of those silver-haired pricks

Excuse me, I am one of those silver haired blanks,

Never owned a home, don't have health care, live paycheck to paycheck.

Take that back.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
funny how Obama tried to sell it not being a tax but the only way the SCOTUS could play ball was to give it the tax label.

Huge contradiction.

Now for SCOTUS to rule the 2012 NDAA constitutional so we can all nullify the hell out of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

For the last 10 years I have been watching and wondering what in the world the people in power are doing.
The fact is yes they are bringing the county down.

It seams that the USA needs to be on the same finical bases as the other 3rd world countries
This is something I don’t understand but it is the way we are becoming.
I think of USSR and what happened to them and I look at what’s happening hear and I see the same thing.

If we keep going the way we are we will be the next 3rd world county.
We need a change a brake form the normal Democrats and Republicans we need some new thinking.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Interesting to add, that while my husband and I are in our early 50s, we missed the babyboomers by ten years.

We are not even burden to the medicalcare as we keep our self in fantastic shape and look well younger that our years, (not erectile disfunction here)

As for my parents and my husband parents (still well and alive) they did very well for themselves and they were before the boomers generation.

Thanks for that post.

edit on 28-6-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Dang person what a dink you appear to be. The reason is apparent, your entire Rant.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really don't see how auto insurance can be mandated but to do so with health care is unconstitutional? Uninsured citizens cost the industry billions and raise the health care costs for the rest of us. If one is unconstitutional shouldn't the other also be unconstitutional?

Furthermore I'm disgusted that nine individuals decide the entire direction of our country.

ETA: CNN: Court may uphold the mandate through a tax clause....
edit on 6/28/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

The thing is people can choose to have a car or not.. If someone does not have a car
they do not pay the insurance or taxes on it..

What happens when the individual cost keeps going up
and you can't afford it? You can't get rid of your body like you can get
rid of a car... Now, when you can't afford the mandate, they put it on your IRS tab
and you can't claim bankruptcy on that like a medical bill
edit on 28-6-2012 by mrballistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boleid

It seams that the USA needs to be on the same finical bases as the other 3rd world countries

Once we don't have the money to contribute to third world countries, what will happen to them I wonder?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Not to mention the ruling to FORCE each person to pay for abortion...
Even if it is just $1 dollar it goes against my principles and morals, and there are millions of people who feel the same way I do...

I'm totally with you on the idea of this ruling and Obamacare in general being a complete disaster.

...but the "I don't want even $1 of my money going to something I'm ideologically opposed to" argument is ridiculous.

Warfare and police forces are against my ideals. Do I get to just not pay taxes anymore? I think euthanasia should be legal in all 50 states...should I get to dictate to my insurance company that none of my premiums are to be co-mingled with funds or investments that might benefit keeping people like Terry Schiavo alive? I think religion is the bane of human existence...can I refuse to pay my state sales taxes at the register because some of that money goes to provide street repair and curb and gutter in front of religious buildings?

It just becomes an irrational argument...UNLESS you somehow revamped every facet of governance at the local, state, and federal level so that EACH PERSON actually chose to what categories/departments their tax dollars went to. I've had this idea for a while...on the surface it seems to make sense since the only thing Congress has done in the last 25 years or so is argue about how to spend money and what people should be doing with their genitals.

However...something tells me that if we were to actually try some sort of experiment like that the result would be a whole lot of $100 Billion sports stadiums and the most luxurious and space-aged NASCAR tracks that we could possibly imagine.

Remember...professional wrestling programs have been making into top 20 in TV ratings for almost 30 consecutive years. We are a nation of complete idiots...so I'm not so sure the self-directed taxation idea is really very practical.
edit on 28-6-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting error

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jibeho

Yeah...the States don't have the power trump Federal Law...the SCOTUS decision from earlier this week confirmed that.

What you just posted is political theater...they know they have no authority to do anything about it.

I understand you and others don't like this decision...but at least show some honesty and respect to the process. States aren't going to "opt out", they can't. This doesn't have to be passed again as a tax, it has already been passed. This didn't get Romney a flood of new voters, opponents of Obamacare were already Romney supporters. And no...this isn't going to start the next Revolution.

Sometimes it is better to just take the high road and admit that your views were incorrect.

I've been against this since the first time it was rammed through in the dead of night, and I absolutely do NOT support Romney - never have, never will. Why would I support Romney when he INVENTED this madness in Mass?

It may not start a general revolution - I believe America has gone far and away too spineless for that sort of thing - but it's sure as hell going to get lively around my house when they come for their "tax". Read about it in the papers. I won't be living through it to tell you.

I'll never admit to being wrong if I'm not.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really don't see how auto insurance can be mandated but to do so with health care is unconstitutional?

STATES mandate auto insurance, therein lies your confusion.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dxdydz

That is why I call our system of government right now a full corporate dictatorship, once the corporate power took control of government they can pass laws at their will to benefits them while screwing the public and tax payers, mandate, tax and penalized everybody with a taxable income that can be controlled and trace.

What prof of that? that is what the Gestapo, I mean IRS is all about.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Interesting to add, that while my husband and I are in our early 50s, we missed the babyboomers by ten years.

We are not even burden to the medicalcare as we keep our self in fantastic shape and look well younger that our years, (not erectile disfunction here)

As for my parents and my husband parents (still well and alive) they did very well for themselves and they were before the boomers generation.

Thanks for that post.

edit on 28-6-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Forget the fact that there are 5 year old's with lukemia
and seemingly healthy 30 year old women who get breast cancer and die..
Babies who are born with heart defects and die in their teens..
I know 80 year olds who smoke and drink like a college kid
and have for the past 60 with not a problem in the world..

edit on 28-6-2012 by mrballistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

ha ha..gen xers saving the country and cleaning up the mess?? doubt that....they havent been doing much good so far..they are as much to blame as anybody.....that said the blame starts with the population at large..followed by those that say they are our leaders..its a broken system and sometimes when something is so broken..well, you should just throw it away..oh, sorry recycle it... and start anew

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Will they have to implant us with type 2 medical devices to store and retrieve information from? That was my concern about the Health Bill passing. If we refuse to be chipped, what will they do? Chop off our heads?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

God help us if one of those silver-haired pricks

Excuse me, I am one of those silver haired blanks,

Never owned a home, don't have health care, live paycheck to paycheck.

Take that back.

I'm speaking in generalizations of the Baby Boomer's as a POPULATION. Certainly ALL Baby Boomer's DON'T fit that mold...but enough of them DO to make a pretty accurate assessment of how the GROUP thinks and treats people around them.

Think of it this way:

1. Saying that "All Mexicans drive low-riders" is racist, stereotypical, and offensive.

2. Saying that "More Mexicans drive low-riders than do Hasidic Jews and the Amish" is merely an accurate statement of fact.

My apologies if you felt that I was implying that EACH AND EVERY Baby Boomer fit this mold...and my condolences for being born into a generation with such miserable and despicable fellow members of the cohort.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

As usual, Peter Schiff is right on the money. If anybody has any rebuttals to what he says here I'm all ears but his arguments are about as iron clad as it gets. He doesn't argue from a place of left wing, right wing, etc...He simply explains what the Supreme Court's role is, what the Constitution dictates regarding these matters, what the Congress's role is, how taxation and penalties are allowed to be utilized, and it is crystal clear that the Supreme Court was wrong in upholding the Affordable Care Act.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mrballistic

Getting a bit out of topic, I always feel that it has to be the food we eat, what we are feeding our children and the diet that the last generation are under, the over vaccinations, over medications and manufactured food.

My grandfather was 100 when he died and he had prostate cancer for 25 years, refused treatment and prostate cancer didn't kill him, old age did.

Now when a man gets protate cancer the younger he is the worst the outcome, very sad.

Bad food areT are the things my parents and my husband parents never eat, also something my husband and I avoid like the plague.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allenb83

I don't think you could be any more wrong.
Insurance companies aren't making enough money because the cost of health insurance is too high already and not enough people are buying it.

WHAT???...RECORD EFFEN PROFITS...

You might "think" I am wrong, but reality thinks you are.

Insurers led by WellPoint Inc. (WLP), the biggest by membership, recorded their highest combined quarterly net income of the past decade after the law was signed in 2010, said Peter Gosselin, the study author and senior health-care analyst for Bloomberg Government. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Managed Health-Care Index rose 36 percent in the period, four times more than the S&P 500.

www.bloomberg.com...

Originally posted by Allenb83

In a truly free market without government oversight or intervention, this would take care of itself.

In a truly "free market" cancer would respond to price. See ...free markets are about SUPPLY AND DEMAND....Insurers have the whole supply thing down, but unfortunately Cancer doesn't give a crap what you are willing to pay, can afford, if you are employed. Car accidents don't only happen to those who can afford the bill.

When you can choose whether or not you are in the mood to treat that pesky heart attack the same way you decide if you want to buy that new IPad...then come back here and tell me about "Free Markets"..

I am an economist by education...Healthcare was NEVER a FREE MARKET....Unless you consider an ugly and painful death a fair consequence for a child or parent...there is no CHOICE...There is FIXED DEMAND.

THAT IS WHY THE UNITED STATES HAS THE HIGHEST PER CAPITA COST FOR HEALTHCARE IN THE WORLD WHILE 33 COUNTRIES HAVE LOWER INFANT MORTALITY THAN WE DO...SERIOUSLY....IGNORANCE WILL KILL THIS NATION.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
oh, son of a bitch.....I just got home and this....
dahangg

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedimind

As usual, Peter Schiff is right on the money.

Well I will give him this...I have rarely seen someone as dumb as him be so articulate.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join