It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

is just insane

It is insane, Marg, everyday I wonder about the sanity of the people in government, unless it is all part of a plan we don't know about yet, but have long suspected, that is the only way I can't wrap my mind around it, they are trying to bring the country down.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius
Does your job carry your health insurance? Most people have this. Tax is only those with no health insurance.

And why should someone be penalized for not engaging in commerce? This is the fundamental and poignant questioning that the dissenting opinion presented. Especially since the "tax" or "penalty" (the Government wanted both to cover all bases) can be exempted at the whim of power seekers.

A clear example (hypothetical):

Minority Women Business owners need to increase, let us exempt this class of people from paying the tax.

Union's in Right-To-Work states are disadvantaged in relation to other Unions -- they should be exempt.

The power to decide who is going to pay the tax only shifts more power into the hands of the politicans.

link   
On the track were going, we wont have to worry about illegal immigrants pretty soon. Our economy will be so far down the toilet and the civil unrest that breaks out will be enough to deter anyone from coming anywhere near this poor country.

Maybe that's the master plan though.

link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by clearmind
..... and what happens if you decide you dont want to pay the mandate..err, sorry..tax? jailtime buddy.....

that said what about 'alternative medicine'? not covered now..sooo..gunna have to pay the insurance company AND pay out of pocket for your 'alternative healthcare'

i wonder what they will mandate next??

Don't pay for medical insurance and don't pay the fine and you will go to jail. Then you get free medical care. Wait...what?

ha ha..egads..didnt think of that...
guess its one way to increase the prison labor force

edit on 28-6-2012 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Yup, its a divided country now and what's worse is they are dividing you with your children. They are making your children eat these costs and in the end force you to making your children resent you.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

In fact, the whole rotten bushel of it is right out of an Alinsky playbook.

Think about this: Obamacare was passed years ago, only to supposedly
go into effect in 2014. That is years of limbo, Chaos, hand wringing...

then only to hear from the SCOTUS the individual mandate can only be upheld
on the basis of taxation, enforcable vis the IRS, which means more legislation,
more Tax Code, and more limbo, Chaos and hand wringing.

Not to mention the States that will refuse to participate, the States who will hold off
and this all leaves the Health Insurance companies spinning.

A real winner alright, that is if motives were to destroy the last vestiges of
The United States of America.
edit on 28-6-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yep, I smell a few little spatters of turd hitting the fan as we speak.

If there is one thing you do NOT do, it's try to take from someone who has nothing, because they have nothing to lose. Not only that, they are forcing a burden on small business and their employees alike and distorting the very system of capitalism we are supposed to rely on. The end result is an even worse, one sided fake economy.

People have limits, and I think our policy makers don't fully understand they are quickly approaching them.
edit on 28-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

is just insane

It is insane, Marg, everyday I wonder about the sanity of the people in government, unless it is all part of a plan we don't know about yet, but have long suspected, that is the only way I can't wrap my mind around it, they are trying to bring the country down.

It only appears insane in the context of the extreme far right rhetoric you have been steadily fed for the past three years. The world is not ending, your "freedoms" are intact and providing healthcare for sick people the way every other developed nation on the planet does is not the end of America.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hypothetically, if there were no Obama administration and plan, what would/could officials be doing to lower costs? I am not trying to defend this admin, just seeking clarification and alternatives.

So between the gov, the state, the ins co's and the hospitals, who is gouging us with high prices and what other alternatives are there to address this? Who is it that decides a single q-tip(cotton on a stick) costs $3.50 and a roll of gauze costs $11.50 when the hospital bills the ins co?(yes I have seen a bill that had this on it) Why?

Sorry for the confusionishness

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by Wolf321

How Americans aren't up in literal arms over this boggles the mind. It is not a tax since we are not getting something directly for it. It is a penalty.

Most Americans don't even understand what just happened to them. I still hear people rejoicing about getting free health care, when nothing could be further from the truth. The reality will set in when their insurance premiums start to creep up if they haven't already, or when their company downsizes or drops their health care all together. Then they will be forced to use this "exchange" to buy their health insurance. If anyone thinks that it will be cheaper in the long run for the average
hard working American, I have a bridge to sell you.

I am also wondering if this will make massive insurance companies while crushing small ones out of business.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It is, I truly believe it is, if my husband and hundreds like him that has paid taxes for over 30 years base on income are the top tax earners for the government, this is tax income Lostt, isn't the government complaining about this lately? when people in America were strike with the mass economic down fall? then we most pretty much say that job creation for the benefit of meaningful taxable income has never been the true intentions of the Obama administration, but what they are creating is a class that while working still depend on government assistances as the taxable income is not generated as needed

I have to say that it is true that we are heading for the destruction of our nation, due to prioritizing of profits regardless of the signs that is not working, capitalism in America is not working anymore for the common hard working American

I still stand that we are been taken over and ruled by law under a corporate dictatorship under this personal believe I have to come to the conclusion that Justice Robert decision on Obamacare was a joke and a double slap in the face to that corporate dictatorship that obviously rules our government and with laws implemented by their ruling authority

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Did Roberts give into Obama's bulling?

As legal scholars study the Supreme Court's decision in the Obamacare case, more and more are concluding that Justice Anthony Kennedy's dissenting opinion, striking down the law in its entirety, was once the majority opinion--and that Chief Justice John Roberts switched his vote at a late stage.

www.breitbart.com...

The fact that the Chief Justice's reasoning is so flimsy is yet another piece of evidence that he may have made a late switch--and under pressure. Congress did not intend the individual mandate to be a tax--neither in the text of the legislation, nor in its public deliberations inside and outside the Capitol. (If it had chosen to go that route, the left might have put forward a far stronger argument for universal government-run health care.) It is correct that Chief Justice Roberts has tended to defer to Congress, as conservatives do--but while this opinion has the form of deference, in substance it is the opposite of deferential, rewriting Obamacare by judicial fiat

I have my suspicions, Obama must have made him an offer he couldn't refuse and I also know exactly why Obama takes people into back rooms for personal discussions, a subject that has never been brought up in this forum, I know exactly where Obama's power of persuasion comes from, and it will be hard to beat.
edit on 053030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
the American People have spoken 82.36% state throw the bums out - that 83 out of 100 - its on - this could get really nasty - and I've seen serveral Polls and they are basically the same....

Fox News Poll of 26,000 citizens

----the highest court in the land has spoken 3.75% (992 votes)

----Refuse to acknowledge it. If that means being slapped with a 'tax' for not buying insurance, so be it 4.36% (1,156 votes)

----Elect lawmakers who will repeal the law in 2013 82.36% (21,813 votes)

----What’s all the fuss about? This law will help millions afford health insurance 9.53% (2,524 votes)

Total Votes: 26,485

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

A reply to
quote "capitalism in America is not working anymore for the common hard working American "

I'm not sure if capitalism ever really worked out well (perhaps better in the past) for the common hard working man in the US. I think it's mostly an illusion. Now in my opinion hard work "can" lead to success but one also needs a crap ton of luck (how many of us have good luck). This is why I don't buy the "American Dream." Corporatists try to convince the population that through hard work you can be successful which is hardly ever true and more akin to winning the lottery.

But I do agree with you. Capitalism is broken in this country and out of control.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Overview of the Uninsured in the US

Who are the Uninsured?

Age: The uninsured are disproportionately between the ages of 18 and 34. However, 18-24 year-olds were the only age group to experience a significant decline in the percentage without insurance over the past year, from 29.3% in 2009 to 27.2% in 2010, which represents 500,000 fewer young adults without health insurance. The Affordable Care Act allows children to remain on their parents’ plans until age 26, and this policy took effect for insurance plan renewals beginning on September 23, 2010.

Race/Ethnicity: In 2010, three in ten individuals of Hispanic origin (30.7%) were uninsured. Blacks were also more likely to be uninsured, with 20.8% lacking insurance, and 18.1% of Asians were uninsured, compared to 11.7% for non-Hispanic whites.

Employment: Working full-time increases the likelihood of having insurance, though one in seven full-time workers (15.0%) was still uninsured. Uninsured rates were higher among those with a marginal attachment to the labor force. Over a quarter (28.5%) of part-time workers were uninsured, the same percentage as among those who were unemployed.

Income: Individuals with lower incomes are more likely to be uninsured, although 37% of all uninsured Americans have household incomes above $50,000.

edit on 28-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Is not that is going to help millions "afford insurance" is just that is going to help insurance companies acquired more costumers by force of the law and penalties for not getting insure.

Is not free health care is forced insurance care.

I had insurance coverage all my life, so I should not even care about this Obamacare, but the truth is that first hand I have seen what is doing already to my husband and I, we just got our premiums double and triple on medications and deductibles and that is within the retirees benefits, just imagine what will do to those getting new insurance coverage and those that have no benefits.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

I agree the baby boomers had/have it made. They got the best of everything.
Now we are left with nothing but debt. The golden age is over.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
First off i would like to say congratulations to all of you who wanted this tax to pass.
I would like you all to know that i personally haven't been to the doctor since 1992.
I used the calclator to calculate how much it would cost me under this new tax . Big suprise it will cost me nothing, only because of my income bracket.
I personally did not want this new tax. So to those of you out there who wanted this. Thank you for paying for my medical for me, and for those of you who didn't want this new tax I just wanted to say I'm sorry for bestowing this burden on you. Please forgive me.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Hypothetically, if there were no Obama administration and plan, what would/could officials be doing to lower costs? I am not trying to defend this admin, just seeking clarification and alternatives.

So between the gov, the state, the ins co's and the hospitals, who is gouging us with high prices and what other alternatives are there to address this? Who is it that decides a single q-tip(cotton on a stick) costs $3.50 and a roll of gauze costs $11.50 when the hospital bills the ins co?(yes I have seen a bill that had this on it) Why?

Sorry for the confusionishness

Its expensive to cover the following things:

- Lawsuits
- Equipment, its ridiculously over priced.
- And people that don't pay (there used to be a hospital where I work, it shut down because every uninsured person and their mother would come in the emergency room for EVERYTHING, from splinters and fevers to bruises and scraps. Can you guess the nationality of the neighborhood ?)

new topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join