It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

In other words those who cannot afford the insurance like my family are the ones who will now be punished for being poor in the first place.

If you can't afford it...you will be given assistance.

If you truly make that low of income where you can't afford insurance...this will not affect you.

link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by CB328

All Obama has to do is nationalise the insurance companies

Yeah, like he's going to do that. God you right-wingers are so delusional!

Unless we have another depression that won't happen.

Really, Like overload the system?
Cloward and Piven anyone?

I'm beginning to think this all started way back with congress hiding the housing bubble. Collapse the system.right out of Cloward and Piven.

link   
reply to post by The Old American

Why does this argument continue to exist when it's clearly nonsensical?

You answered your own question. Who cares who it covers? Vehicle or driver; it doesn't matter. You have to have it or you're not driving. Simple. The point is...you don't have a choice in the matter. The penalty for not paying your car insurance premiums is not being able to drive. The penalty for not having insurance is that you will be taxed. It's pretty simple to understand its a causal relationship.

link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I'd be interested what your penalty would be.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Care to share with everyone??? I know what my penalty would be...and I'm not low income and it really isn't that big of a penalty.

link   

In other words those who cannot afford the insurance like my family are the ones who will now be punished for being poor in the first place

That's what the exchanges are for aren't they? You don't think they will have low cost basic plans?

You'll be a lot more poor if you have to go to the hospital without insurance.

link   

1. (Economics) an economic theory or system in which the means of production, distribution, and exchange are owned by the community collectively, usually through the state. It is characterized by production for use rather than profit, by equality of individual wealth, by the absence of competitive economic activity, and, usually, by government determination of investment, prices, and production levels Compare capitalism
reply to post by RealSpoke

what do you think obama care is?

link   
I work two jobs, and live paycheck to paycheck...I have no medical insurance but have a doctor I can see for about $75 for basic visits, and I can also visit some clinics. Who says this healthcare mandate will make healthcare cheaper? This law will mandate that we all MUST PURCHASE INSURANCE! What if that insurance is $800 a month? How would we even afford this?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
Since most insurance companies require that you visit a doctor for a physical or checkup as part of getting the insurance does this mean in addition to having to purchase health insurance I now also have to visit a doctor?

What if I don't do what the doctor wants? Will I lose my coverage? Then have to pay fines?

This will get completely out of control (our control). Eventually the government will dictate what meds you take, what you can eat, etc.

This is about control period!
edit on 28-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

So right, so if they call a penalty a tax as the "penalty" was unconstitutional and the TAX is not...

then they can penalize all of us for anything they decide...and call it a tax now.

They can insist if we do not wear a certain protection in our boat or if we buy fatty food or soda they will penalize...no TAX us, total new control of the people and a serious loss of personal freedom! it gives them the legal ability to step into every part of our lives and even dictate who we but things from.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

Even if your right, they will still be able to take everything we own. I have worked my entire life, played by the rules, paid taxes, and now....well.....we're dead in the water.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

Originally posted by Char-Lee

What I don't understand is how people who have always wanted insurance, but cannot afford it, can hardly pay their electric bills and eat, will suddenly be able to buy insurance just because a law ordered it.

They will be exempt from the "penalty" and that burden will be placed on the shoulders of everyone else.

If you are a parasite, your life just got much easier today.

I don't think so, I think the working poor who cannot afford another burden will not be exempt.

My neighbors who are on welfare will stay the same, yes they will be exempt as they are already receiving free health care. We will not.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

Here is the reality of this for me
My boss told me today that it is going to cost him approx. $10,000 more for every employee. We have 200 employees.
His solution: Our entire 2nd shift of 50 employees is going to be eliminated because of this. Fortunately the layoffs will not affect me as I am in an upper management position.
Our health insurance already went up 30% and our coverage decreased immediately after Obamacare was signed into law. This is frustrating because I haven't been to Dr. in almost 20 years except for an occasional checkup. In spite of having virtually no health care claims, I am paying more and more.
Like they say...2 things are certain, "death & taxes".

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Obamacare is very similar to the bill Romney signed in Massachusetts. I don't know why you guys think Romney is any better than Obama.
You got that right.

What kind of election is this going to be?
Oh, you can vote for crap.... or you can vote for crap.

Yay, we get crap either way. Sucks to be us.

link   
Thomas Sowell sums this one up pretty nicely.

It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it.

And considering Romney is planning to repeal it and replace it with 'his' version, I'd say we're pretty well screwed either way. That's about all I have to say about this.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Char-Lee

In other words those who cannot afford the insurance like my family are the ones who will now be punished for being poor in the first place.

If you can't afford it...you will be given assistance.

If you truly make that low of income where you can't afford insurance...this will not affect you.
yes, don't worry. other people will pay for it for you.........it won't affect you, just others.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So how will this affect us lower middle class people? Im a single full time dad. I have ins. through work for myself(which just went up to $120 a month), but cant afford it for my little boy (so I just pay for visits and general stuff).
I dont make enough to really pay for it, hell Im lucky if I have an extra 50 out each check (less now the my ins. went up). Am I going to be forced to buy something I cant afford? Will they really fine me if I dont buy it?
Will this really hurt small businesses?

link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Do you pay Sales tax, gas tax, state tax, cell phone tax etc? well there are Gov taxes included in all these and others and they will rise and you WILL pay!

link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

All Obama has to do is nationalise the insurance companies

Yeah, like he's going to do that. God you right-wingers are so delusional!

Unless we have another depression that won't happen.

Like another depression won't happen.
It is just a matter of when it happens.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Do you pay Sales tax, gas tax, state tax, cell phone tax etc? well there are Gov taxes included in all these and others and they will rise and you WILL pay!

EVERY company that has to pay out more for this travesty will defray their costs towards their products.

We will ALL PAY FOR THIS!

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join