It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Originally posted by the4thhorseman
In case my question is lost..what about the 48-49% of people that don't pay taxes now...ARE they exempt from this tax if they opt out of having insurance?

Right. Babies will not have to pay the tax.

Sarcasm will get you know where friend..clearly you are missing the point. Right now about only 51% of Americans pay into the system. They others do not..since this IS a tax are these other 49% exempt from it?

IF we are all mandated to have it then everyone should be required to pay into it NO EXCEPTIONS..plus close all loop holes allowing those here illegally to have access to it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by artnut

Except with the government in charge, you won't be able to get to the dr. until next week, because government run healthcare is extremly efficient.

It is truly sad that people think this bill puts government in charge of healthcare. :shk:

Republican dis-information campaign at work.

Did you read the whole post? I HAVE government healthcare, it is horrible. Most doctors in my city won't even take the insurance. I have had horrible problems. No disinfo, just personal experience, and I am a libretarian, not a rebublican.

link   
reply to post by MegaMind

What if you have no income? And don't want to have health insurance?

You qualify for Medicaid. If you don't want medical assistance, that is your own choice.

link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by underduck

Absolutely.
Starting the investigation process next week.

Let me know if you find something. I would be interested in what you find as I have my own reasons for wanting a new place to live. However this decision today is not one of them.

link   
This is just another nail in the "lose your freedom" coffin". I agree that something has to be done about our health care in some form or another, but the way this lying / forked tongue / sneaky / double crossing leader has shoved this Obummer Care down our throats should be called treason to the American people. And add to that threatening the Supreme Court to boot. I guess it worked - what a bunch of spineless people. We should of been given a vote on this issue.

Don't you all get it? The people that didn't pay before are not going to pay anything again - what part of that don't you all get? He called it a fine in the beginning - what's the difference now if it is a fine or a tax? The IRS was going to get it anyway.

You could not find anyone else better to destroy the Constitution - I am sure he is feeling very proud including all who voted for him - what a bunch of miss lead sicko's.

For God sake people, we have all been screwed again by this administration. I just don't understand how this crap can continue unchecked. Our country is tired and angry and the way this Obummer Car was handled breaks my heart. I hope those of you that voted for him get a belly full of this Obummer Care in 2014 - you deserve it - enjoy.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Dukesy because: Had deleted a line by mistake and added comment.

link   
reply to post by macman

Great, so I am taxed MORE for that.
That is fantastic.

Looks like I need to get a second job to provide for others.

Or...just cover yourself with health insurance so that when you rushed to the ER with a medical emergency then you can actually pay the bills and not drive up costs for the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

No, this would be the final nail in the coffin.

I'm only 34 years old, but fortunately now I am financially able to consider relocating if and when I find another country that offers more freedom than this landfill.

I want no part of this nation after this. It's not about the money aspect or whether this is a tax or not, this is about a destruction of freedom and the reckless assault on personal liberty.

The federal government in place here is disastrous and is hellbent on turning the American people into slaves. I have 2 small children, and it would be abusive for me as a parent to let them grow up in a country like this.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

People's tax will only go up if they choose for it to go up.

Of course...they could just be a responsible member of society and buy health insurance.

link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by MegaMind

What if you have no income? And don't want to have health insurance?

You qualify for Medicaid. If you don't want medical assistance, that is your own choice.

No choice anymore, the person is saying they pay cash. It should be their choice.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A worthy question for those defending this. Sorry if it has been brought up already. This thread is going too fast for me to keep up. Credit for this find goes out to another staffer who I'm not sure has/will post in this thread:

From 2009:

Obama: Mandate is Not a Tax

OBAMA: My critics say everything is a tax increase. My critics say that I’m taking over every sector of the economy. You know that. Look, we can have a legitimate debate about whether or not we’re going to have an individual mandate or not, but…

STEPHANOPOULOS: But you reject that it’s a tax increase?

OBAMA: I absolutely reject that notion.

More at the article.

Thoughts?
edit on 6/28/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

link   
Read his lips.

No new taxes.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Now that I think more on it. Romney really can't use this very effectively in the lead up to November. Obama's legislation and Romney's legislation in Massachusetts are virtually identical

One is States' Right dependent. The other is the Fed Govt being all doing and all knowing.

YES...but Romney's main argument against the law was that it was UNCONSTITUTIONAL to mandate it on a National level.

Today, he lost that argument...now he is left to argue against the provisions...his provisions.

Really???The statement of "Well, its his provisions" means nothing.
It was taken from a State that legislated it, and applied at the Federal Level.

No matter what is said, as whole the Country was designed, it is Unconstitutional.

link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

In case my question is lost..what about the 48-49% of people that don't pay taxes now...ARE they exempt from this tax if they opt out of having insurance?

Right. Babies will not have to pay the tax.

Sarcasm will get you know where friend..clearly you are missing the point. Right now about only 51% of Americans pay into the system. They others do not..since this IS a tax are these other 49% exempt from it?

IF we are all mandated to have it then everyone should be required to pay into it NO EXCEPTIONS..plus close all loop holes allowing those here illegally to have access to it.

You do know that babies and children are included in that 49% right? That figure is a talking point and it does nothing to further the discussion. I didn;t mean to sound like a jerk. Sorry.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

He said he'd repeal it.

He doesn't have that power on his own.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
I'm in NJ. They are saying Christy opted out, as did a few other states.. Where does this leave us, I wonder??? So confusing

I have been seeing so much that looks like they are trying to drive a wedge between fed and states...do they actually want a state run uprising and a civil war?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

No, this would be the final nail in the coffin.

I'm only 34 years old, but fortunately now I am financially able to consider relocating if and when I find another country that offers more freedom than this landfill.

I want no part of this nation after this. It's not about the money aspect or whether this is a tax or not, this is about a destruction of freedom and the reckless assault on personal liberty.

The federal government in place here is disastrous and is hellbent on turning the American people into slaves. I have 2 small children, and it would be abusive for me as a parent to let them grow up in a country like this.

I understand the thought perfectly and for the most part I agree. I too would love to find a new home but not because of this decision.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by underduck

Absolutely.
Starting the investigation process next week.

Let me know if you find something. I would be interested in what you find as I have my own reasons for wanting a new place to live. However this decision today is not one of them.

This is the straw that broke the camel for me.
I will let you know what I find.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Or...just cover yourself with health insurance so that when you rushed to the ER with a medical emergency then you can actually pay the bills and not drive up costs for the rest of us.

I have Insurance.

Your retort has nothing to do with me now being taxed more to provide for others.

link   
reply to post by artnut

No choice anymore, the person is saying they pay cash. It should be their choice.

They could still pay cash; in fact, most people would rather pay cash than run the risk of driving their premiums up.

link   
I've heard that most big corporations will drop the insurance for their employees because it will be cheaper for them to pay the penalty. Is this true? Will all these employees have to go shop for insurance? Will this be another sucking sound for companies leaving the US? Is this another win win for corporate America?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join