It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Busy thread.

My voice will get lost in the mix but it has to be said.

Obama lied when he said no-one making under 250,000 a year will see an increase in their taxes.

Romney 2012

Or we're doomed.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by macman

Two, even the poor will be forced to BUY Health Insurance.
Three, even if the poor can't afford to buy, they will be taxed.

Wrong.

The poor are given help or allowed to go on Medicaid.

The poor will not be taxed.

Great, so I am taxed MORE for that.
That is fantastic.

Looks like I need to get a second job to provide for others.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by Xcathdra

You're looking at this the wrong way. Through partisan glasses.

No republican is going to save you from evil Barry's healthcare.
They all love the idea of Americans being forced to give private companies their money.
Every politician in Washington exists for corporate well being. We are screwed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Exactly, what most failed to notice is the Obamacare is nearly the twin sister of what the GOP countered the Clintons with back in the day as their answer to healthcare.

link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by underduck

Uhhh, no. I have to provide for my family. No one else.
Provide for yourself, that is what our forefathers believed in.

Fine. Then stay off any road that you didnt build yourself, educate your kids at home, and never mail anything ever again.

link   

Originally posted by underduck

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by macman

I think some of you guys are missing the point. This is a HUGE human rights victory. Giving everyone right to health care is far more important than any petty squabbles we have with the current or past administrations.

You don't get it.
One, it is not a right to Health Insurance.
Two, even the poor will be forced to BUY Health Insurance.
Three, even if the poor can't afford to buy, they will be taxed.

I am SO tired of hearing this tired old Progressive BS that it is a right. No, no it is not.

I understand what you are saying but we HAVE to pay for it. Thats how it works. We need to pay taxes. At least this is going towards something like health care for everyone.

I don't need more taxes taken out to provide for others.
That is another tired Progressive point as well.

We live in a society. We have to provide for others. Its not my favorite thing to do either but we have to.

No, no we don't have to. It was not designed like that. Another old Progressive Point.

It is now the Progressive States of America.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Romney 2012

Or we're doomed.

Romney passed a similar bill as governor of Massachusetts.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by beezzer

Romney 2012

Or we're doomed.

He said he'd repeal it.

link   
What I dont get is that you libs try to make it so black and white... if you dont like Obamacare it must mean you dont want people to be healthy or people who cant afford insurance dont matter....think about this..Do you want a house for your family to live in, here you must buy this one in a crappy neighborhood, no choice you either want a house or you dont right? You need a car to get to work, ok you can buy a 1989 chevy truck only. What I thought you wanted a car to get to work? You see its not so black and white, I as a right leaning(but no Romney fan) person would not mind some sort of health care overhaul at all, but I also know you normally dont take the first crappy suggestion thrown out there to appease the masses Why do we HAVE to go with this plan? It sucks, even you guys that are pro Obama know its not great, but its his and a score one for him. Why cant we say hell no, make it better and then get back to me. This is what it boils down to with those that think for themselves.

link   

2/3rds were saying that it was Unconstitutional.

The SCOTUS says otherwise...and like it or not...their opinion will change the minds of some of those people.

SCOTUS is only about giving more power to the federal government.

That's all they do.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

States Rights VS. Fed Govt.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I hear what you are saying, but I for one do not care who's idea the individual mandate was. The federal gov't (any past, current, or future parties) should not be mandating that every person purchase something.

With that said, the health care costs and health insurance are completely out of control and something needs to be done to fix them. And no, I do not have the solution. This law does help in may ways, it's just the individual mandate that I feel is wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Fine. Then stay off any road that you didnt build yourself, educate your kids at home, and never mail anything ever again.

The federal government has no constitutional authority to be involved in education.

That is a state matter.

Have you ever actually read the Constitution?

link   
I asked earlier, but think it might have been missed in the rush.

If Kagen helped to write/advise on this..how is she able to vote on it as well? I thought I remembered reading that Kagen was an advisor on it.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really don't see how auto insurance can be mandated but to do so with health care is unconstitutional? Uninsured citizens cost the industry billions and raise the health care costs for the rest of us. If one is unconstitutional shouldn't the other also be unconstitutional?

Furthermore I'm disgusted that nine individuals decide the entire direction of our country.

ETA: CNN: Court may uphold the mandate through a tax clause....
edit on 6/28/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Haven't read through so someone already probably mentioned, auto insurance is not a federal law. it is state laws and different in each state.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

=

The healthcare law gives additional funding to the States to expand their programs.

I guess we know what the new right wing talking point is...that Obama raised taxes on everyone

That simply isn't true.

You mean funding that doesnt actually exist?

I'd like to give you a jar of unicorn testicles.

I know they dont exist, but they are on the shelf right next to the "funding" the feds have stored away.

OH...IT EXISTS...

How about you take those unicorn testicles out of the jar and hand them to Grover Norquist...and then cease giving the Koch Brothers and crew Billions of dollars of taxpayer money in oil subsidies to pad thier already record profits, purge the tax laws of the thousands of lobbyist loopholes...ask folks like Mitt Romney to pay the same tax rate that you do...and stop complaining that there is no money whilst simultaenously holding the economy hostage so folks can get special tax breaks for owning a lear jet or banking in the Cayman Isles.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wonder if any states would eventually go bankrupt because of the medicare ruling.

If New Jersey decides not to expand the Medicare rolls, will people who can't afford healthcare save up and move to New York (or any other state) that did lower the requirements to qualify for Medicare.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by beezzer

Romney 2012

Or we're doomed.

He said he'd repeal it.

He'd said he'd repeal it? LMAO!! And no politican ever failed to follow-up on a campaign promise before.

You remember that "hope and change" stuff? Well, there's not a lot of hope or change yet, unless you like government more involved in your life.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Since when do the people matter? It's all about CORPORATE AMERICA and what THEY want.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
reply to post by TheRedneck

I feel that you are being an extremist on this issue

what if medical cost goes down because of this? wouldnt that replace burdens on these insurance companies you say will be so hurt by this tax (we must call it a tax now and not a mandate)

To be honest I do not think this will bring down costs on anything. In a perfect world it would but it wont. Ok this is a tax. First what happens when corporations are taxed higher?....They push the cost on to the consumer.. Bad for Us

What happens when corporations at taxed higher on a per employee basis?....They lay off and put a hold on newer jobs..or just send jobs over seas...Bad for Us

Now my main question is this since this is a tax does that mean the same 48-49% of Americans that do not pay tax now will they be required to pay the tax is they opt out of the insurance? So that leaves the other % still taking up the slack..so regardless the real middle class is SCREWED..

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Busy thread.

My voice will get lost in the mix but it has to be said.

Obama lied when he said no-one making under 250,000 a year will see an increase in their taxes.

Romney 2012

Or we're doomed.

Yeah! Romney would never institute such a plan. A guy like Mitt Romeny would never have a mnadated healthcare system named after him.
C'mon Beezer. You can't be this misled. Romeny is Obama in a nicer suit. We have all been duped.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join