It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
=

The healthcare law gives additional funding to the States to expand their programs.

I guess we know what the new right wing talking point is...that Obama raised taxes on everyone

That simply isn't true.

You mean funding that doesnt actually exist?

I'd like to give you a jar of unicorn testicles.

I know they dont exist, but they are on the shelf right next to the "funding" the feds have stored away.

link   

Originally posted by underduck

Originally posted by macman

I think some of you guys are missing the point. This is a HUGE human rights victory. Giving everyone right to health care is far more important than any petty squabbles we have with the current or past administrations.

You don't get it.
One, it is not a right to Health Insurance.
Two, even the poor will be forced to BUY Health Insurance.
Three, even if the poor can't afford to buy, they will be taxed.

I am SO tired of hearing this tired old Progressive BS that it is a right. No, no it is not.

I understand what you are saying but we HAVE to pay for it. Thats how it works. We need to pay taxes. At least this is going towards something like health care for everyone.

I don't need more taxes taken out to provide for others.
That is another tired Progressive point as well.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You're right. It doesn't raise taxes on everyone. Just those of us who make more than the minimum allowed for Medicare. So that means over 12 million people will get it for free, and the rest of us will be paying for it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by haarvik

If this were socialized medicine then perhaps you'd be right.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
I dont understand why people think we shouldnt be taxed anything.

link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
yeah i just threw up

Now you can go get checked out by a doctor. Even if you dont have a dime!

No, because you will pay for it via taxes, and so will your neighbor.

link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by DJW001

But the overwhelming majority of Americans want the healthcare system fixed.

Yes, they do want it fixed.

That 2/3 of the people are also saying that the Democratic Obamacare bill is a FAIL.

2/3rds were saying that it was Unconstitutional.

The SCOTUS says otherwise...and like it or not...their opinion will change the minds of some of those people.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Now that I think more on it. Romney really can't use this very effectively in the lead up to November. Obama's legislation and Romney's legislation in Massachusetts are virtually identical:

www.slate.com...

www.forbes.com...
edit on 6/28/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

First off...he didn't break that promise...he actually lowered taxes. Let's not start with false information in this thread.

And this "tax" is only imposed as a penalty...for most people, they won't pay this tax.

Actually Obama lied to the American people about this.

Obama in 2009: The Individual Mandate Is Not a Tax

Read the article...he says it's not a "tax increase".

And yet the court upheld it on the governments argument its a tax. If the tax does not already exist, which this did not, then it means its a new tax, which means its a tfax increase since we have to pay for something we didnt have to before.

link   
reply to post by macman

Wrong.

The poor are given help or allowed to go on Medicaid.

The poor will not be taxed.

link   

The majority opinion was written by Chief Justice John Roberts, who held that the law was a valid exercise of Congress’s power to tax.

Roberts re-framed the debate over health care as a debate over increasing taxes. Congress, he said, is “increasing taxes” on those who choose to go uninsured.

That's how it's done folks, Congress using the "power to tax"

edit on 28-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I keep hearing this lie for 4 years. Half of Americans polled weren't in favor of the HCB the other half was in favor. HALF of those against the bill were against it because it had no single payer!
In conclusion 1/4 of Americans were against it solely to be against it.
Look it up and read any poll you want, the half against the Health c bill we're because of the mandate.
We just joined the coalition of countries that want to take care of it's citizens.
Romney just got donkey punched!

link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

Right next to the Social Security 'LOCKBOX'!

link   

I think some of you guys are missing the point. This is a HUGE human rights victory. Giving everyone right to health care is far more important than any petty squabbles we have with the current or past administrations.

You don't get it.
One, it is not a right to Health Insurance.

I am SO tired of hearing this tired old Progressive BS that it is a right. No, no it is not.

I understand what you are saying but we HAVE to pay for it. Thats how it works. We need to pay taxes. At least this is going towards something like health care for everyone.

I don't need more taxes taken out to provide for others.
That is another tired Progressive point as well.

We live in a society. We have to provide for others. Its not my favorite thing to do either but we have to.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
yeah i just threw up

Now you can go get checked out by a doctor. Even if you dont have a dime!

Except with the government in charge, you won't be able to get to the dr. until next week, because government run healthcare is extremly efficient.

I have government healthcare, it is called Tricare Prime. It takes my husband three months to see a dermatologist in town, even though he has had melanoma. Reason; it is the only derm. in town that will accept what Tricare pays, which is next to nothing. This is what is coming to EVERY city near you if the government is allowed to be fully in charge of healthcare.

link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Legislating from the bench, SCOTUS did not rule on the law as it stands, but changed the law so it became constitutional by making the mandate into a tax. Now the IRS has the power over whether you choose to have healthcare or not. Next is the IRS having power over they types and levels of healthcare depending on what political party you adhere to. Then what EPA approved windows are installed in your home. Then what EPA regulated MPG you car SHALL have and when you must buy only a govt motors car, for the good of the people of the United States.

How can you call this legislating from the bench???

That usually means that they reverse the law that was passed by Congress. They simply upheld it...they didn't change a thing about the bill.

The IRS was always in charge of implementing this penalty tax...nothing has changed.

link   

Originally posted by travisirius
reply to post by butcherguy

I keep hearing this lie for 4 years. Half of Americans polled weren't in favor of the HCB the other half was in favor. HALF of those against the bill were against it because it had no single payer!
In conclusion 1/4 of Americans were against it solely to be against it.
Look it up and read any poll you want, the half against the Health c bill we're because of the mandate.
We just joined the coalition of countries that want to take care of it's citizens.
Romney just got donkey punched!
Not a lie.
2/3 of the people do not like this bill.
I didn't specify why they don't like it.
Why did you say I lied?

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Now that I think more on it. Romney really can't use this very effectively in the lead up to November. Obama's legislation and Romney's legislation in Massachusetts are virtually identical

One is States' Right dependent. The other is the Fed Govt being all doing and all knowing.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Reply to post by kosmicjack

& considering a vast amount of republicans don't even like the man (Romney), don't you think that he was perhaps selected because his state plan was the blueprint for this?

This plan was going into effect whether it was Obama, Bush, Jesus or Jim morrison in the dam White House.
We've been duped.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Uhhh, no. I have to provide for my family. No one else.
Provide for yourself, that is what our forefathers believed in.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join