It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by underduck
I think some of you guys are missing the point. This is a HUGE human rights victory. Giving everyone right to health care is far more important than any petty squabbles we have with the current or past administrations.

You don't get it.
One, it is not a right to Health Insurance.
Two, even the poor will be forced to BUY Health Insurance.
Three, even if the poor can't afford to buy, they will be taxed.

I am SO tired of hearing this tired old Progressive BS that it is a right. No, no it is not.

I understand what you are saying but we HAVE to pay for it. Thats how it works. We need to pay taxes. At least this is going towards something like health care for everyone.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
yeah i just threw up

link   
reply to post by Anjin

America has never been a Democracy. Constitutional Republic is more like it. I didn't coin those words. I've just seen them thrown around as buzz words.

And what do you recommend as far as healthcare is concerned? That we stick with the current crappy system? Obama's system isn't perfect either but it's a step somewhere.

link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

But now we have to hear Republicans campaign soley on repealing this bill.

And with over 2/3 of the American people in opposition to the Bill.....

It should be an easy sell for the Republicans.

We will see how those numbers change due to this decision.

People have been told over and over it is Unconstitutional...now the SCOTUS has said that it is in fact Constitutional.

People are swayed by official decisions...we will see if more people start to see the bill in a different light.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
yeah i just threw up

Now you can go get checked out by a doctor. Even if you dont have a dime!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Reply to post by DJW001

The mandate was initially a republican idea!

I wish everyone would take off their polarized glasses. The republicans do not want this repealed. They are spinning it as awful because they are playing the role.
When has any republican ever been against a private entity becoming vastly wealthier?
Open your eyes, guys.
Both sides have probably been mulling this mandate idea over for decades.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I just heard that Cantor said that they are going to begin the repeal process next week Nothing like wasting more time and resources Republicans...they know that isn't going to pass.

Just their usual dog and pony show.

What about the economy they keep complaining about?

you would think that would be a bigger priority..

Apparently not.

Their biggest goal now is stripping protections away from people that this health care law gave them.

link   

The right wing has been telling people that over and over.

Now they have to eat crow.

link   
All you supporters of this law really need to take a hard look at socialized medicine around the world. It DOES raise your taxes, it DOES limit access to proper medical care. FACT!!

link   
reply to post by underduck

People already were. Well, illegal aliens were. I guess it's good that American Citizens finally have the same rights as illegal invaders get.

link   
Huge victory for Obama, complete loss for the people and the Constitution.
I knew our SCOTUS were handpicked lapdogs but this is absurd,
How does giving the government access to our bank accounts Constitutional?
Or forcing us to buy health insurance?
You can gold plate a turd but it's still a turd.

link   
This is just a precursor to the NWO government forcing you to take a mark to buy or sell. Who would have thought that in America, such a thing would pass the Supreme Court?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by butcherguy

That 2/3 of the people are also saying that the Democratic Obamacare bill is a FAIL.

I agree. I'm merely pointing out that the Republicans are going to have to stop arm waving and come up with a viable. Remember, the plan currently called "Obamacare" was originally proposed by a Republican, years ago.
You are correct, there must be an alternative.

My happy alternative would be that the States take care of it individually. Let the federal govt stick to something they can handle. What that is, I'm not sure.

As far as the Bill being Republican, who passed it? Remember the Speaker (Nancy) telling us that it needed passed right away? We will read the thing later....

link   

Originally posted by underduck

I understand what you are saying but we HAVE to pay for it. Thats how it works. We need to pay taxes. At least this is going towards something like health care for everyone.

How about getting rid of every unconstitutional expenditure the federal government makes before stating "we need to pay taxes".

link   
Democrats never call anything a tax and will always try to use tricky language to obfuscate people. I remember when the democrats said all taxes were contributions.

link   
More from Scotusblog

Salvaging the idea that Congress did have the power to try to expand health care to virtually all Americans, the Supreme Court on Monday upheld the constitutionality of the crucial – and most controversial — feature of the Affordable Care Act.

By a vote of 5-4, however, the Court did not sustain it as a command for Americans to buy insurance, but as a tax if they don’t.

That is the way Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., was willing to vote for it, and his view prevailed. The other Justices split 4-4, with four wanting to uphold it as a mandate, and four opposed to it in any form.

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
People who can't afford should be going on State medicaid.
If a State decides not to expand it as planned...then they are just screwing over their people.

The states aren't 'deciding not to expand'. They simply can't afford it.
And where do you think the states get the money to 'expand' medicaid?
FROM NEW HIGHER TAXES.

Again ... nothing is free. Obama is forcing a raise in taxes across the board to everyone.

The healthcare law gives additional funding to the States to expand their programs.

I guess we know what the new right wing talking point is...that Obama raised taxes on everyone

That simply isn't true.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Post a link because from what I know, not all systems are the same.

And if you don't think that "socialized" medicine will work, then what will? The current system is crap as it is.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

The mandate was initially a republican idea!

I wish everyone would take off their polarized glasses. The republicans do not want this repealed. They are spinning it as awful because they are playing the role.
When has any republican ever been against a private entity becoming vastly wealthier?
Open your eyes, guys.
Both sides have probably been mulling this mandate idea over for decades.

Correct. Let the Kabuki begin.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by butcherguy

But now we have to hear Republicans campaign soley on repealing this bill.

And with over 2/3 of the American people in opposition to the Bill.....

It should be an easy sell for the Republicans.

We will see how those numbers change due to this decision.

People have been told over and over it is Unconstitutional...now the SCOTUS has said that it is in fact Constitutional.

People are swayed by official decisions...we will see if more people start to see the bill in a different light.

There's always the chance that they actually know what they want and this bill isn't it.
So there is a chance that the people will just be more PO'ed.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join