It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocean X Team Film the Portal Leading Into the Baltic Sea USO!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I love how we are not even two pages deep into this thread and our resident debu.....experts have already determined that there is nothing to see here and it is all BS.

Whats wrong with being skeptical in this day in age? I think the majority here hope for it to be real, but history and the facts and circumstance at present are leading towards another conclusion.

Few non resident debunkers:
www.rt.com...

Hanumant Singh, a researcher with the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, told US magazine Popular Mechanics that the original “Millennium Falcon” image that sparked the media firestorm was taken using a cheap and incorrectly-calibrated sonar.

Charles Paull, a senior scientist at the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute in Moss Landing, told the same magazine that bizarre but relatively common formations can be created by gas and fluid leaks from underneath the seabed.

As to the signal interference, it does not appear to have been a consistent phenomenon, since there appears to be extensive footage taken within several feet of the mystery object. And even if it did occur, there are plenty of underwater materials that interact with sensitive electronics.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Any idea what is being said in the video? Do they discuss this portal? Sure would like to see these stairs mentioned. I hate that this is being made into a documentary. It makes me feel like everything is just hype.

Well for starters, they dont say its a "portal". They say its a hole into the concrete/stone object. The person talking in the video seems certain its concrete as he describe that it looks exactly like concrete they have seen in other dives. And that's about it. As a sidenote, the first shot with the diver in the in the background and the object on the right side (the bluish scene) is a "artist rendition", sort of speak. I didnt hear anything about stairs.

Nothing is mentioned about this rumoured equipment problems. Or the silly mushroom theory, lol.
edit on 28-6-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Maybe sit the next couple of plays out and re evaluate just how smart you really are.

Can't speak for others but I've barely posted anything about this case, besides, who are you to dictate what others post?

Nothing wrong with suspended judgement is there???

Nothing wrong with discussing and questioning what's going on either.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Person 1 - "Boy the sky sure is blue today, you guys should come out and see it"

Person 2 - " Ahhhhh I don't know, if it were so blue then why isn't everyone outside looking at it"?
I'll come out and see for myself but I gotta tell you, I'm not so sure about this whole "blue sky" buisness.

Person 3 - THE SKY IS NOT BLUE and I WILL NOT come out and see because I already KNOW that it isn't blue and further more, anyone who talks about it BELING blue is an idiot and a hoaxer.

Now, I hope you can see the difference between a sceptic and an A hole.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Evildead

I thought that all electrical equipment was getting cut off when they got within 200m of the object?

Now they're filming a "port hole" up close?

This whole things reeks of BS so much...

:shk:

That's a bit of a straw man there. You know as well as I do that the "electrical" story is just a bunch of phooey by some independent YT'er. Stuff like that always muddies the waters (no pun) imo. I'm pretty sure O.X has nothing to do with those opinions.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

OMG thats funny and you hit it right on the head!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

[Nothing wrong with discussing and questioning what's going on either.

People leave little room for discussion when they make imperical statements about the story being a hoax or BS.
I would LOVE to discuss but that isn't what is going on here ALREADY before the thread is even two pages deep.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
From what I understood earlier, the interference was only on the boat - they had to move it away from the area before the electronics would work again. Not any equipment underwater though. Yes.. weird.. and quite possibly untrue, which would make me lose interest in the entire thing. They need to prove and document THAT imo, as it's even more amazing than whatever that thing is.

As far as not showing everything, they are only allowed to release what the funding station allows them to release. Makes sense - they may release a documentary, or something else, and desire to keep the good bits secret until that time. Frustrating sure - but it's not a secret scheme to get folks worked up over this.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Supposedly it was one of the team members that disclosed the electrical anomaly and not some independent YT'er

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Professional diver Stefan Hogerborn, part of the Ocean X team which is exploring the anomaly, said some of the team's cameras and the team's satellite phone would refuse to work when directly above the object, and would only work once they had sailed away.

He is quoted as saying: 'Anything electric out there - and the satellite phone as well - stopped working when we were above the object.

'And then we got away about 200 meters and it turned on again, and when we got back over the object it didn’t work.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I stand corrected. I did watch a clip though and immediately dismissed it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Person 1 - "Boy the sky sure is blue today, you guys should come out and see it"

Person 2 - " Ahhhhh I don't know, if it were so blue then why isn't everyone outside looking at it"?
I'll come out and see for myself but I gotta tell you, I'm not so sure about this whole "blue sky" buisness.

Person 3 - THE SKY IS NOT BLUE and I WILL NOT come out and see because I already KNOW that it isn't blue and further more, anyone who talks about it BELING blue is an idiot and a hoaxer.

Now, I hope you can see the difference between a sceptic and an A hole.

Where was Person #3 in any of the above posts? I guess I didn't take anyone's comments coming across as an A-hole. I guess the personal attacks is what constitute to me who is an A-hole online versus a difference in opinion.

edit on 28-6-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

LOL Yeah you're correct. My bad. I guess I should've called it "port hole" or entrance. They DID say in another video that they could see stairs leading into the USO from this port hole or entrance hole. So anyone saying it's just a dark smudge in the video and people are sensastionalizing this isn't paying attention.

The divers say it's an entrance with stairs leading INSIDE.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Can anyone estimate the size of the hole? I did some crude math and came up with 50-60 feet in diameter.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

How deep is this object?

The image shows a depth of 75m...

So that would mean that vessels on the surface would be susceptible to this supposed interference too, right?

I think it is about 1000m down. Maybe you saw 75m on the image when the divers were filmed, not the main camera at full depth.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

According to the team its 275 feet (not meters) under water. Also the the maximum depth in the Baltic sea appears to be 105-459 m.

www.oceanexplorer.se...
2012-06-01

OCEAN X-TEAM PREPARES FOR UPCOMING EXPEDITION ON JUNE 1st DISCOVERING THE MYSTERIOUS DISC-SHAPED OBJECT IN THE BALTIC SEA
STOCKHOLM, Sweden – 30/5/2012 – The treasure hunters Peter Lindberg and Dennis Åsberg are working day and night preparing the boat Ancylus who will take them out to the awaited excursion; to find out what’s hiding there at the depth of the Baltic Sea. The mysterious disc-shaped object who suddenly appeared on their sonar has engaged the whole world – What will they meet down there at approximately 275 feet?

stommel.tamu.edu...

Baltic Sea
A dilution basin type of mediterranean sea that is connected to and experiences limited, intermittent water exchange with the North Sea. It comprises several parts separately known as the Gulf of Bothnia, the Aland Sea, the Gulf of Finland, the Gulf of Riga, Kattegat and Skagerrak. It has a mean depth is about 57 m, an area of about 370,000 km$ ^2$, and a volume of about 20,000 km$ ^3$, and is one of the largest brackish water bodies in the world. About 17% of its area is shallower than 10 m. The Baltic Sea depression is essentially a long fjord in the north-south direction (1500 km) with an average width of 230 km. The topography divides it into a series of relatively deep basins, with maximum depths ranging from 105-459 m.

edit on 28-6-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Thanks for that. I'm genuinely intrigued about seeing some stairs or such. The "UFO paranormal investigator expert scientist forum user douche" in me is still curious about what's going on "down there" at this stage, but the varying stories about mushrooms and straight lines won't currently help shake the feeling that:

Time will tell I guess...
edit on 28-6-2012 by markymint because: Added one extra line of words that are text

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i have looked through the pages of NTDTV footage films...and cannot find the specific YT which i viewed yesterday (wed the 27th) linked from a blog site, which seems to not be in my History list of web sites viewed

i swear in the last 10 seconds or so in the no audio YT (no audio on my part because i do not know Norwegian/FRinnish or whatever)

the YT showed a 'vintage photo' of a ship or seagoing platform which appeared very low ---like a barge--- but seemed to be either round or oblong in shape

it occurred to me that that Vintage (1920s or earlier) ship or floating platform could very well be the object that is now being discussed

the round 'entrance' could very well be a scuttle hole for divers or equipment to exit in the bottom of the hull (now turned upside down... the alluded to 'columns' under the mushroom could very well be the smokestacks &/or the wheelhouse-bridge for the once unique seagoing salvage platform

but--- alas... i cannot locate that clip, but i know i did not dream the vintage round boat up... i think the NTDTV network gave us a hint that we will not accept...

thats all volks
edit on 28-6-2012 by St Udio because: sp erroors

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yeah.....that didn't look like anything but a fuzzy dark spot.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
As cool and fascinating as I find this story, I could NEVERRRRR be one of the divers that has to dive down to check it out.

being in murky water scares the bejeezus out of me. makes for a reallllllly discomforting feeling.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Maybe Al Capone is in there. Someone call Geraldo.

Maybe the biblical Leviathan is trapped inside.

I can't help but be curious though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join