It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Augmentations - Hell yeah!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I love that there are so many people on ATS that are futurists and visionaries. Usually, it is my experience that conspiracy theorists are very critical of new technology, especially this kind, which we also see in some of the replies. But it's encouraging that some of us maintain an open mind, and even (like me) welcome technological and scientific advances like this.

And yes, immortality would kick ass, though I'd prefer to achieve it before I turned fifty. I don't want to spend eternity as an old man.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

I was watching this documentary a while ago, about someone who wanted to one day say he's achieved immortality, but he spoke about nanotechnology and how we'll be infinitely smarter by 2045 because nanobots in our brains could connect to the internet if you will and retrieve any info you need instantly.

I've also seen corporations developing nanobots right now, with the first revision being sentry bots for your body, alerting you if anything is wrong. Revision 2 would be able to fix any problems in addition to just detecting them. I think they said late 2020s we could see revision 1 in effect. Autonomous, self replicating health sentry nanobots.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Do you think this is something we could see within our own life times? Imagine achieving immortality within this century even. Amazing stuff.

If it does happen this century, hopefully by 2050, or at least hopefully it will work on people who have aged quite considerably already

I believe that this has already been perfected but sold to those with extreme amounts of money and I am talking $10 Billion Plus. This money would then be used for Black Programs which would be financed through very small number of such sales.

If this was made available to all people then we would REALLY have a problem as if no one aged...no deaths...MASSIVE OVERPOPULATION. Still...it could be modified to provide people with an additional 75 to 100 years of life span...which in my book is enough.

I also believe that people of Great Math and Scientific Minds should be given this FREE! Their ability to live longer could solve many problems that could benefit Humans. Until we are ready to be able to FOLD SPACE thus be able to travel interstellar distances without passage of time...under NO CIRCUMSTANCE should Cellular Immortality be made available to the public.

But what I do believe should be made widely available is the Cloning of an individuals Organs as well as being able to FIX in the womb...Birth Defects at an early stage. I am quite sure this is possible on a large scale. A friend of mine lost both legs up to one knee and another up to the middle of his thigh.

He was in a special Bionic Program that is very common knowledge but there is a Secretive Department which deals with developing Bone and Muscle and Tendon and Ligaments as well as Skin and Nervous and Circulatory systems that would surround a Non-Metal Bone Replacement that for the time being...as the goal is to grow a new leg...must be surgically implanted then tissue growth as well as a nervous system and circulatory system and endocrine...etc...would grow around it.

Tragically my friend died when a Drunk Driver slammed into his vehicle...but while he was secretly undergoing a Not So Secret Experimental Tissue and Alternative Living Bone implant program...because everyone around him saw the changes taking place and as recent as a few years ago he was honored at an outdoor Jefferson Starship Concert. The Fact that we know where every atom is on the Human Genome allows us to provide cures for just about everything if done properly and there is no one who is more advanced or experienced than the U.S. Military in these fields.

The ONLY PROBLEM is these SELF RIGHTEOUS RELIGIOUS FANATICS who profess their Love of Jesus and Christianity then pull out an AR-15 and start SHOOTING! The same can be said about a few other Religions and they held us back for years before we were able to create Stem Cells from ordinary Skin Cells even though Clinics for people who needed to undergo In Vitro Fertilization to have a Baby....had a Massive Quantity of Many Lines of Stem Cells that were just disposed of rather than used for research into curing ALZHEIMER'S or other Diseases.

But this tech. is available NOW! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Great post.

You're right, I didn't really take the overpopulation issue into consideration. I guess it is selfish of me to want immortality now without really considering the implications. But one day, the idea of humanity reaching the stars and actually being immortal is just amazing. Futurism is such an exciting subject, but I have to try to not get carried away because reality can be a bit of a downer in comparison to the scenarios one can think of.

It's probably for a different subject but I do wonder if we'll ever have the capacity to essentially fold space so as to not go faster than the speed of light physically but simply circumvent it. Probably not within this century or at least not practical enough where the government would deem it appropriate to not have an ageing populace

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

As far as Folding or Warping of Space...we have some out of town visitors who have been coming to Earth for some time now that we have on occasion been able to pick up pieces of recovered crashes. This is a FACT as if you wish to look it up...in the 1950's...after Roswell...they were a bit miffed as we would not allow recovery of several bodies or recovery of Two downed craft as a second site also had recoverable materials.

Where to find the ABSOLUTE TRUTH? Google old Washington DC Newspaper articles back in the early 50's...this is before an Agency which President Truman assigned then General IKE...to assemble and before Protocols were established...Washington DC was overflown by Massive in Number...Alien Craft. This is the Biggest Story that NO ONE TALKS ABOUT AND IS DOCUMENTED! For weeks large numbers of Alien Craft buzzed over the White House as well as the Capitol Building...we sent up Jets to shoot them down but they played with us. The DC papers have many articles with interviews with Pentagon Officials, the President, Scientists and even Police and Fire Dept. should one crash and what a civilian should do. Even Civil Defense was sent in with Antiaircraft Guns but this was deemed too dangerous to the local population should a shell fall in a neighborhood.

Another place to look is when the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT was about to take place...all Computer as well as all non paperwork data storage involving anything to do with Aliens...was hidden and removed from standard Air Force Files. They forgot about the old Paper Files that were Massive in Number and Size so they LAST MINUTE dumped them all into a place no one would ever look to find anything about UFO's or Aliens...THE DEPT. OF AGRICULTURE FILES. By complete chance...someone found the cash and before they could remove all these paper files...many where copied and placed into the Public Eye. One thing in particular is a series of letters between then FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover as he was DEMANDING ACCESS to all Data as well as Recovered Bodies and Crafts that General Curtis LeMay...the founder of SAC or Strategic Air Command and also famous for the Quote...BOMB THEM BACK TO THE STONE AGE! FBI Director Hoover was incensed that he was not given access and LeMay refused one of the most powerful man in the History of the United States. Many letters were written between the two and these letters described in detail EXACTLY WHAT these two were fighting over...access to Crashed Alien Craft as well as Bodies.

The Recovered Alien Material as well as Bodies were sent to Wright Field which is now Wright Patterson AFB. the center of the U.S. Military's Reverse Engineering Dept. You can google these letters content.

As far as Bodily Augmentation...it is stated in some of the Data that was made public before being hauled away...that the Aliens seemed to be wearing Biomechanical Suits that were said to be woven oer the Aliens Bodies rather than having seams. I am certain a great deal of Ultra-Secret Knowledge was and has been researched over the years and we are just now being able to interpret some of this data.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I am really sick of the push for Transhumanism. Let's forget its baby steps with eugenics and the Nazi regime.

While I think it is admirable for us to try and increase the quality of life for disabled people, I think it pathetic for us to put all this hype into technology that doesn't exist.

How this conversation usually goes......
-I promise you that I can make you immortal.....

-Really, now?

-NO, not now, but later. In 50 years. IN the mean time support me as I try and change your food supply, your body, genetics, everything.

-But, what if you never change me into an immortal, but do change the food supply to only grow when you want to, change my body so I can't reproduce unless you want to, I can't get better if I am sick, unless you want to.

-Shut up! you are backwards and dumb.

-Um, I was just asking?

-I will sue you and ridicule you for not being open to modifying what nature took millions of years to perfect.

- but we just learned to do this. Shouldn't we wait before introducing people with modified genes into our gene pool?

-no, let's be quick about it.

-no-

The human body is not at its limit of evolution. That is horse crap. It takes a long time sure. Like in 50 years our impatient unsatisfied leaders might not see a new species emerge. Sure. But if we continue to live out our existence we might continue to evolve like all life has been since its inception.

I don't see some crap plastic and metal thing being superior to a design that has outlasted every collapse of society, every natural disaster, every mass migration, war, or just life in general.

What happens when we are all enhanced with this crap and then our society falls, like all have? When we can't find replacement parts. When our bodies cant reproduce anymore because before society collapsed the licensing department didn't release all the restrictions on reproduction? So what if you have a license then.

I don't know, this is a big ball of crap they want to mask as benevolent and good. If you ask me if it wasn't so loaded an issue we would trust it.

Screw singularity. We don't even have the skills to live in peace with each other now. How would extending our life spans and digitizing them help bring peace to the world? It will make a war of those with these enhancements against those without.

I say help people sure. Just don't call me a cave man for not supporting other men´s vision of what the human body or mankind SHOULD be.

I am still not convinced by a bunch of promises.

edit on 2-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

The good thing is nobody's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to merge with a machine. Nobody's forcing you to open yourself to gene therapy or GMO-DNA. But, frankly speaking, it's none of your damn business whether somebody decides to introduce GMO-DNA to the gene pool or not. That's like outright saying GMO-humans cannot have children. And we all know what road that leads down.

Anyway, again, nobody's forcing you to get on the enhancement train. There's plenty of passengers as it is already.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Immortality is all nice until you experience it. Honestly speaking, though, I think people would rather want to expand their lifetime and still have a set amount of years, than live forever. Partly because they know the consequences of it - certain overpopulation.

Personally, I'm not so big on immortality (though I wouldn't mind life extension) as I am on human augmentations. That's MY big drool-worthy soon-to-be-reality project when it comes to scientific research. But, you know, my gut feeling tells me, instinctively, that despite us being able to figure out what makes us age, we won't be able to use that knowledge to make ourselves immortal, because in my experience, nothing lasts forever, and I have a feeling immortality would lead to insanity further down the road. Thus, mass-insanity in the end.

It's still a really kickass thought, though, and I'd probably jump at it too if I got the offer.

edit on 2-7-2012 by Gauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I know what I would have augmented to please the ladies

I would augment my hearing so I could empathize and be a good listener.

What...! You disgusting person. You need your mind washed out with soap.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Humor. You've got it.

My girlfriend tells me she won't allow me to replace my left arm with a metal one that can turn into a gun. She threatens with (future) divorce if I do.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

Nobody's forcing you to open yourself to gene therapy or GMO-DNA. But, frankly speaking,

it's none of your damn business whether somebody decides to introduce GMO-DNA to the gene pool or not.

That's like outright saying GMO-humans cannot have children

No, not until a large pharmaceutical company gets behind offering Gene therapy as the cure of choice for all diseases. Of coarse they will treat us like cash cows and force us like drugs are forced on us now. Then, like now with vaccines, if I don't administer them to my kids, I go to prison and my kids to the prison of public custody.

it is my damn business, unless I was wrong the last time I checked, um, nope still human. We all have a responsibility to know if we are endangering our species by introducing untested genes into our gene pool that 10, 50 , or 100 years down the road could pose to be a problem. That is like saying that all governments that outlawed cloning are wrong and have no business in regulating any of science´s applications.

GMO-humans......it begins. They cant have rights that are made for humans. No. They can have their own rights. but this planet already has a sentient species. 2 is too many. Look at what happened to our more primitive predecessors. We eliminated all other groups until we were all that remained.

Do you want to think that you will form part of this superior species? Think they will look favorably on you for helping them come into existence? Maybe they will keep your descendants around even though they will lack the latest more "advanced" genes?

Perhaps you have an exit strategy for you and your own? You can transition into the superior species?

Some one promise you that too.......ha. Santa Clause much?

I don't know why people think that a creature made with intelligence, told he is better, will listen indefinitely to his inferior counterparts.

Unless you can become them outright, your hope lies with your descendants. What if they cant make the cut?

What if you need to be 100% GMO AND have the couple of tweaks THEY will make to their own genetics to be considered one of them.

If in 100 years, these GMO humans are left to breed, they will by nature and instinct eliminate everyone else.

if you are not one of them, you are a fossil in the making. We will tell them day in and day out that they are better. We will show them all that we know, thinking they will help us become what we envision.

Do you think they wont produce their own leadership? That they will listen to the accepted powers of the day?
You think their vission will be just like yours or have its spirit at heart?

Or that they will see it as their right to eliminate all traces of their primitive beginnings. Everyone that helped them get where they are will be eliminated for having even a trace of inferior DNA. The synthetic being will become a reality. Sure. He just wont be grateful and helpful to your cause.

Nothing in logic or common sense, history, ect leads me to believe this is a good thing. They will eliminate their competition and when they do they will want to form their own power structure. Then divine blood wont save a single one of you. They wont care that you or your grand father helped their development.

Either you will be one of them, or not.

and you cant become them without losing who you are. What if for your family to become them you had to use all synthetic DNA for your unborn kids? What if nothing of what you inherited will be passed along.

Would they be your kids? Then you would include your own DNA into the mix. How nostalgic of you.

What chance would they have in a world of synthetic humans? What if these GMO humans want to create their own creations without an iota of human DNA? Would they have the right to do that? What if then they made a stronger and better humanoid? Would you let them be knowing that in the future they will eliminate you from the table?

This is a huge issue that I don't believe you have thought about past the kick ass part of running fast and being good looking.

Take a couple hundred years to think about it. You may find that the threat to your species is relevant to you and IS YOUR BUSINESS.

I don't know. It is not being forced, yet. I don't think that is the problem. We are making a supposedly "superior" species. That is retarded on our part since we wont qualify for that title. Nothing of what we are today will be respected. Dumb.

Nothing new here. Just really cool. Then reality hits you. This has all been done before.

+Have a great day.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

The only one I see flaming the other species right now is you flaming GMO-humans. And governments may have the right to ban stemcell research, but you're not a government. In the end, complain and whine all you want, but GMO humans, mechanical and nano augmentations, AI research and robotics are all part of the future, and whether you like it or not, they will become part of who we are in a few decades.

As much as your narrow conspiracy mindset would just love to believe it to be the case, nobody will ever force you to become a GMO. But with your decision not to become one will come consequences. Consequences like not being given a job, in favor of a GMO or augmented human. Things like being less intelligent. Things like *Insert your choice of backlash here*. You're still the one who made the decision, though, so don't whine about the consequences.

Lastly, I'll just say, regardless of what your narrow mind thinks, GMO-humans would still be humans. Your saying they are not, that they do not have human rights, is just your way of justifying what would probably end in a genocide if you had your way.

Superior species my ***... That's the kind of boxed in, narrow-minded thinking that causes war. I'm done talking with you.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

Glad to see you didn't make up your mind already. Its refreshing to talk to people who don't insult you or ignore what you have to say. Not like an opposing voice is not welcome. We like for people to think critically and out of the box just as long as they agree with us. We are making a whole new species, what is more out of the box then that? Not talking to eachother. No. People who speak about our ideas with anything but support are flamers.....
That is not talking.....that is dumb. Talking is saying HELL YEAH....! WOOO HOOO.....dramatic change NOW!

We know best. We have told each other that and so it is.

The future is bright if these "better" people take after their creators.

By the way.....this is a conspiracy site. Did you come here to sell the idea to us conspiracy fools? Thanks for dropping by and insulting us. You can now be satisfied that we are either with you or against you. Balance....nice

Good luck with that. I see you know how many eggs you have.......

+Have a great day......super guy

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I'm all about a conspiracy mindset as long as it's balanced. If you had bothered to read the thread I've mentioned more than once the risks with all of these technological advances. I very much know of the risks. But I'm keeping my mind open to the benefits. You're just hell-bent on looking at the dark side of it, throwing in some racism against humans that don't even exist yet while you're at it. There's no balance in your case. There's just an overbearing paranoia and unwavering fear of change and fear of people who are different. That doesn't bring anything beneficial to this discussion. So in the end I have no interest whatsoever in continuing to converse with you.

Kthxbai.

edit on 2-7-2012 by Gauss because: Biased...jeez, meant "balanced". >_>

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

yes I have seen your eagerness to engage me in conversation.

If you only knew what I believe. We might not be on opposing sides. I simply speak to everything people miss when thinking of transforming humanity. I am for it. I just opt for another approach. Had we had a CONVERSATION instead of a show off, I might have compared notes and found similarities. I like balance as well. I am not here to sell something.

Instead we have shown how immature we can be. The things I spoke about are what real trans humanists concern themselves with. The people making it happen are more concerned with results. The people planning it are more concerned with repercussions. THEY know that they are indeed making a new species. We are not the same species as the fossils we dig up of our distant cousins. They were slightly inferior to us. We don't want to be dug up one day like them.

You see, trans humanism is older than this century or the last. Mankind has known for a while now that we are capable of more. We know that we had cousins that were capable of more. The idea is old.

I see allot of yet empty promises based on that. I don't like liars.

Improving things is what we are all here for. I say we are selling ourselves short considering we have yet to unlock our potential. We would cheat our selves thinking we treat ourselves.

When we know more about ourselves and can compare what synthetic or natural biology offers, we can decide. Until then we are acting like immature children that have just learned to light a match. We have no idea what we are doing. We are still learning. Learn then do. In that order.

Or you can do what ever.

But then again you wouldn't listen to me even if it was to your benefit. You are´nt talking to me right....

Now I´ll leave your little thread so you can get the support you came looking for.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Sorry, dude. Seems like I've misunderstood you a bit this whole time. I still don't agree with you entirely, but I guess I did get a wee bit too defensive. I hope you can accept my apology.

I don't think we should wait or hold back with technological development such as this, though. It's got great potential, and waiting means slowing down the momentum, which will mean delaying its development. Mainly I'm talking about biomechanical augmentations and nanomachines - but also in part about gene therapy, GMO, and the like. People have a knee-jerk reaction to anything GMO-stamped.

But I think that there's a lot of potential in it - if not for use on adults to make them look cooler, then at the very least for treating hereditary diseases and disorders that we today have no cure for. I don't think it would be right not to use, say, genetic modification to cure somebody of a mental retardation before they were born, if it was possible to do so. This argument is even more valid when it's something that will considerably shorten the lifespan of the person.

The same can be said about people who are amputated, or born without limbs, whose lives can be made so much easier with the use of biomechanical augmentation technology. A real arm - one made out of metal - but still a real one, and not some macabre looking prosthesis that looks like it was picked out of Frankenstein's Monster, and doesn't even come close to function as a real arm.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

No problem dude. No hard feelings. I may have been a little harsh myself. I understand what it is like dealing with people´s close mindedness. I do hope one day we can help people live normal lives that otherwise would have been less. I also hope we can one day unlock our true potential.

I think we just can't get ahead of ourselves. Leads to bad things. Good luck and do have a good day.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

its funny, i just read your post at the top of the page saying how nice it is to have positive people on this thread......

and then came the nutjob lol

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

WTF man. If you are not a troll, please explain how what I said was crazy.....

Or are you in the habit of kissing ass?

We have no problem anyways. I actually agree with him, just not in method.

I could insult you, but you can just imagine how I would.......do that now......

done?

Ok, now imagine that I care what you think to make you feel better, jerk.

MUA! MUA!

Edit:
Yeah thats what I thought. Pucker up trolly.

Re-Edit:
Ok, I have done that before. No problem.

Oh,
And I MUST use tongue. It is just wasted there if not.

edit on 3-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

soz, it just made me smile when i read the first few comments on this page, i missed the last posts, were you both kissed n made up lol

no troll here, didnt meen to offend

if you check in the previous pages i posted some interesting links on the threads subject, theres a lot of work goin on at the moment that could bring human augmentations into fruition quicker than youd expect.

edit: ok, but if your gunna kiss me, then no tongue
lol
edit on 3/7/2012 by DaveNorris because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join