It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 28th 2012, a historic day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out how historic today really is, we are living through history that will be spoken of for decades to come.

1. The Supreme Court will rule on Obamacare which will result in either a fundimental change in our lives for the foreseable future, or it will create a divided that we will have to deal with for years to come.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

2. The House will hold a vote to hold the Attorney General in contempt of Congress which will result in a more vigorous investigation which will more divide the nation.
www.cnn.com...

3. Most improtant in my opinion british authoraties are now investigating for CRIMINAL charges, Barclays, HSBC, RBS, UBS, Duetsche Bank, and Citigroup for interset rate manipulation of Libor and Euribor valuations. This could be like the JP Morgan Loss where it turns out to be much more then the $2 billion originaly stated, now estimated to reach as high as $9 billion.
www.ibtimes.co.uk...
dealbook.nytimes.com...

I just had to get that off my chest i really think this is a more historic day then people realise today, at the end of this day June 28th 2012 the effects of today will effect everyone in this country for years and decades to come either in Huge ways or small but either way it will have an effect on all americans, probably in some very unforeseen ways.

P.S. June 28th 1914 in history was the Archduke Ferdinand assassination which was the match that started World War 1, which formed the world we live in much more than most people know, or care to know, the world we live in today is very much a result of World War 1.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

I agree wholeheartedly!
In fact I think this whole year has and will be one of the most historic in our modern history. For many, many reasons.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

2012 has been amazing so far, just keep your hands and feet in the car at all times it gets bumpy from here.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

While #1 will impact most everyone in the U S, there are ways to restore, or even, improve the current law.

As for #2, politics -- politics -- politics.

I would hope #3 will expose those responsible for the world's current financial situation and they are properly rewarded for their work.
edit on 28-6-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thus far the year has (in my opinion) been quite a ride.. think we have a way to go before we can get off the ride.. number 3 I find most interesting and I have been wondering if it be one of those inquiries that takes 20 years to complete
edit on 28/6/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

While #1 will impact most everyone in the U S, there are ways to restore, or even, improve the current law.

As for #2, politics -- politics -- politics.

I would hope #3 will expose those responsible for the world's current financial situation and they are properly rewarded for their work.
edit on 28-6-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

Come on now. Politics? If a family member was killed by guns lost by the government in a bad sting you would change your tune.

If hes innocent cool no problem. If he is guilty we use the law. Everyone is subject to the law (which is what the ordeal is about) not politics, its about the truth, do you want to be lied to by your government? No accountability. Its like people don't want him to be guilty.

Sometimes I wonder if people think change will ever happen by doing nothing.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I don't like this ride.
It cost more than it's worth.

It's like those rides at the fair where you pay 6 tickets and then you once it starts you immediately just want to throw up.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Its also my Birthday. So that's something. Right?

I do agree.. I am very anxious to see what the outcome of today's decisions are. I think this could be a great win for the American pubic and it could be a great show of faith for the American Justice system.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
2012 has been amazing indeed not just in the world but in my own personal life.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I don't like this ride.

It's like those rides at the fair where you pay 6 tickets and then you once it starts you immediately just want to throw up.

I know this ride, its called marriage.

No matter what we want in all of lifes little noble moments, we have to accept that there are just something thrown at us that we didn't sign up for. Today when i wake up, it may be a whole new world, or the same world with a whole new ball of crap to deal with.

Either way, the day wont be a total waste, I will be able to drink heavily and make fun of the neighbors one more time while sitting around in my underwear and cowboy hat as they ride off to work in a foggy haze that they created themselves through their own misunderstanding of current events.

It will be good fun....until Im arrested for sitting around in my underwear drunk harrasing the neighbors.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

The program was in operation before he came to office. When he learned of it, he shut it down and started an investigation; which is still ongoing.

You might also like to read the article about it in Fortune mag, by the way.

Happy birthday, Tardis

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I don't like this ride.

Personally I've been trying to convince myself I am watching the ride from the sidelines, but I know in my heart I'm really on the ride and as nailed into this seat for the duration as the next person.. I'm hoping that made sense, if not it's because I am dizzy and want to throw up

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I want to explain why i post #2 the reason i feel its historic is because from this vote on contempt comes the automatic Subpoena's and Lawsuits on the extent of Executive privalige and from that we find out the depth this goes, does it stop at the AG or does it go to POTUS and his advisors. This also creates the realistic possability of criminal charges for obstruction of congress at the very least, and then what ever else the following investigations find, the depth of this could be so huge it could make Watergate look like a preschool play, because in the end, people did die from fast and furious a lot of people, including our (American)law enforcement officers.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
#2, I think is not so much a purely political move. It may be a long-awaited spine-development from a congress that has been shoved aside by the last... 3 or 4 administrations? I wish they'd get serious about the whole "Starting a war without congressional approval" thing, and "We take a mandate from the UN" garbage.

I think it's irrelevant that Holder started the investigation and shut down the thingy. He's the one trying to invoke executive privilege for details about this fiasco, so that makes him the immediate target of the fallout. Support from Obama for the same executive privilege invocation should make him equally the target of this congressional action. Viva Accountability!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

P.S. June 28th 1914 in history was the Archduke Ferdinand assassination which was the match that started World War 1, which formed the world we live in much more than most people know, or care to know, the world we live in today is very much a result of World War 1.

This sent shivers down my spine.

I understand what you were saying about the other stuff and I agree.

This just worries me because you know how history repeats itself and right now if someone strikes that match....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'll believe this to be a historic day when the individual criminals are hanging from the proper end of the rope for their crimes.
Until then, just another normal day.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I agree 100% with your post, i have studied history for my whole life, its very cyclical, and the cycle hasnt stopped in fact its sped up in my opinion, we are entering what is going to be crazy days, thats the best way i can describe it, the next 5 months are going to be insane crazy, i hope we all are here to talk about it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Today did turn out to be historic, i will leave the good or bad to you but there can be no dought this was a very historic day that will be spoken of for decades. As for me, it costs me more money that is getting harder and harder to afford.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
dnt forget julian Assange i wonder if his court case outcome has something to do with this mysterious operation green light?

new topics

top topics

join