It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Residents...was it a meteor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I saw something on my way to work yesterday morning around 5:50am while heading west on Hwy. 36. The object I saw was a solid sky blue color, it was faint in appearance but solid, no flashing or blinking lights. It was traveling in a southerly direction and was parallel with the horizon. The speed at which it moved was much too fast to be a conventional aircraft. It had a small haze trailing from it. I watched it for about 5 seconds, but lost sight of behind the buildings and clouds. I've seen meteorites fall from the sky and quickly burn out, but never have a seen one travel at this trajectory or stay illuminated for the duration.

To my suprise today Oct. 6th I found this link on 9news.com

Did anyone else see this object?

any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
sorry, here's the link
www.9news.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Even though I live in England i recognise what you saw. When I was on holiday my brother and I saw a 'fireball' going straight down quite slowly. It definately wasnt a meteor because we watched it for about a minute before it diappeared behind some trees.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've seen an object, I have passed it off as a meteor, but let me describe it. It was just after midnight, and I was driving home from work. I was traveling west, with a beautiful full moon to the south. I was marvelling at the brightness of the moon when out of nowhere a green glowing object passed in front of the moon, blocking it out completely (it was miles and miles away, and big enough to completely block out the moon as it passed)it then suddenly disintrigrated in mid air, breaking into thousands of tiny pieces. If it were a meteor, I'm guessing it would have left quite a crater if it would have impacted whole. I gather that it orginated as a larger piece of material seeing as how it was quite large in size and remained whole until a few hundred feet off of the ground.

Where I am confused is the color of the object. It was a brilliant jade green, with wisps of red and yellow, and as it broke up, the red and yellow becoming more prevalent until the pieces were completely broken up.

This is my only witnessing of something of this sort, but I do keep my eye out for UFO's...I wish I could see one!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
was it travelling horizonatally or vertically?? where did you see it??

Also, the one I saw was also this weird green but I did not see it explode as it disappeared behind a line of trees. Does anyone know what these things are because i doubt there meteors because there are normally quite small and travelling at irregular angles.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A couple of years ago, I saw exactly the same thing: color, path, slight trail, etc. in the mountains of Colorado (Winter Park) but there were two traveling in tandem relatively low position in the sky. They were also travelling in a south or south-easterly direction and disappeared behind the mountains.

I wondered if these might be meteors but now that I'm not the only one to see this, I question that conclusion.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Now realize we live in an ocean of space. These things have been floating or travelling around out there for perhaps billions of years and for now their final stopping place is the surface of our planet. We are constantly cruising in our revolutions around the sun. We live on the cusp of infinity.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
it was the second time i saw one. yea, it is true, they have been flying aroud for thousands of years before they come crashing in on us. but who knows, maybe its invading aliens

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The object I saw had a diagonal trajectory. It wasn't arcing towards the ground, it was in a straight line 45 degree pitch dive, then it broke up into thousands of pieces. but the color is what is wierd, the most brilliant jade green I've ever seen.

top topics

join