It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it has been said 100 times, I'll say it once more!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Disappearing threads. It drives me bonkers both from a readers point of view and a poster.
I create a thread that takes me ages, the issue has always puzzled me. It is new [as in it hasn't been covered yet] and throughout time, some people that didn't see it on the front page might find it under paranormal. But no, it is gone.
I couldn't care less about the front page, that is just half of this site. The other half is going back to the forums and browsing in my own time, finding gems.
But I fear how many gems I have missed knowing that they have just been erased, only existing in the OPs statistics.
What bothers me most of all is what is the criteria?
I had 3 flags and 6 comments. When I look into the forums there are threads still there with less. And when I read them they are neither special nor interesting.

So what have those threads got that mine didn't?
I am quite p*ssed off about this. Why not keep them at least for a certain amount of time? There may be people with an answer out there that read it later.
I love reading older threads, I found some that were amazing to me but maybe didn't make it for the majority. So what?
I think if someone put effort in, if they got flags, the thread should stay.
Sometimes people miss them on the front, because not every body hangs out on here 24/7.
Please answer me:
- Criteria for chucking someone's work in a bin
- Reasons for no just keeping them going for a while
- Why can't we get a little message at least telling us that our hard work has just been dumped because someone thought it was rubbish?

I will now spam my own thread if I can because I want it to stay da*nit!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What do you mean dissapearing threads?

Threads that dissapear from the recent topics page? Or threads that gets deleted.?

If it got deleted, you should get a reason from the mod that did it, or at least a u2u that informs you about it.

I am not sure how long a thread stays on the boards, but I have seen threads from waaaay back on here. So it doesn't look like it just dissapears.

vvv

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The staff upped the fire-hose to 24 hours a while back. Any more than that, and it would be an overwhelming page to wade through.

All I can tell you is look at my thread history. I'm the worst thread maker on ATS. It'll make you feel better.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
What bothers me most of all is what is the criteria?

If you're talking about the thread in your link, it has not been erased. As you note yourself, it is still there in the paranormal forum.
As far as I can tell, what is bothering you is the fact that it is no longer on the "Recent posts" page. Is that it?
In which case the answer to your question is easy. The criterion for that page is that the last post should be recent. On a fast-moving site like this, that isn't very long. I've just checked, and the four pages of Recent Posts only go back a few hours, while the last post on your thread is two days ago. Threads "disappear", in that sense, when no-one replies to them. If someone discovers them and adds a comment, they will re-emerge.
P.S. I think I can remember a time when "two days ago" would have put it down on Page 3 or something. The site is busier than it used to be.
edit on 28-6-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies. No I mean it has disappeared from the Paranormal Forum. The link I sent was from the 'member' site, where I found my own name and dug out the thread like that. It is nowhere to be found on the 'Paranormal' forum if you actually go there and try to find it.
As I said, I couldn't care less of being on the front news. I just wanted it to stay where it belongs. on the forum.

As it definitively has been erased, I have to say that I did not receive any explanations from the mods...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

If you mean "Attacked by monster rain", as in your link, it is currently on the first page of the "Paranormal studies" forum, between "Ghost hunting photos" and "Big-name neuroscientist announces".
They are listed in order of most recent reply, so that pushes it down the page and perhaps makes it less visible to someone who isn't looking carefully.
Perhaps you mean a different thread, but that one has the three flags and six replies mentioned in your OP.

edit on 28-6-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

You know, I feared some simple explanation like this

I personally can't find it but it may be that I am a very confused person. Thanks anyway for looking and finding it!

top topics

join