It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is going on in England???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

But this is widespread, usually I read about this sort of thing happening in one location or region. Thankfully for me Stockport is too high up to flood but if it were flat it would have. My garden was knee deep in water.

Then you have the same in Newcastle, Lincolnshire, London, the Midlands and Scotland.

It's becoming a joke.

I can handle the rain but the humidity is making me so angry.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

When there is a storm with lots of dark clouds? lol

If you like I can find some events in our history that are similar? Trust me it has happened before plenty of times. It really isn't THAT unusual. Btw I'm not saying it happens everyday of course not, but I've known plenty of days like that personally throughout my life.

Huge thick black clouds tend to block out the sun quite a bit lol.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What the HE double hockey sticks is going on over there chaps?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Im in Bangor North Wales, we had thunder and lightning at around noon with loads of rain and then about an hour later it was blue skies. Then after about 3 hours it started raining again and then weve had sunshine and hot weather for the rest of the day. The weather has been really strange here today

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

A couple of year back we had the same, 3 months rain in one night, it destroyed nearly every bridge along the river derwent went a tsunami ploughed its way miles and miles down towards the sea. The biggest bridge it took out was 2 minutes round the corner from me, Northside bridge, and sadly claimed the life of PC Bill Barker who was trying to stop traffic crossing.

Before:

After:

R.I.P. PC Bill Barker

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

You're lucky, you were indoors! I was stuck outside as I'm a postie, I had nowhere to shelter. The street I delivered on was completely flooded, it looked like a river within about 2 minutes. It really was quite scary, I have never seen anything like it! I got absolutely friggin soaked.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Here is one from 2003

www.geograph.org.uk...

Sorry not sure of the season.

July 2007

www.bbc.co.uk...

June 1st 2011

ukhousing.wikia.com...:Broomload_court_rgt_sd_in_dark_clouds.jpg

Not sure when this occurred but notice the last line of this article

www.metro.co.uk... orst-summers

The first half of September saw nearly a month's rain – 8.2cm (3in). But it would have to get much worse to beat the record of 18.2cm (7in), set in 1918.

1918!!! lol

Yep we've always had bad weather, but hey at least we don't get crazy spiders and snakes and other creepy crawlies that can kill us!

edit on 28-6-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

Edit: I'll throw this one in too because it contains some fun facts

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ok Just thought I would let you all know the weather has taken a change here in Devon (again) we have had fast moving clouds since about 4pm I am now pretty sure we will have another storm tonight dont know if it will be as bad as last night but brace your selves just in case

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

When was this? yesterday? today?

Its been well hot here in London..... no rain at all!!

BTW they wanted rain..... now they got it... plenty of it so no more hosepipe bans!!
edit on 28-6-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yep we've always had bad weather, but hey at least we don't get crazy spiders and snakes and other creepy crawlies that can kill us!

Do not tempt fate!! Lol

edit on 28-6-2012 by ladylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Yeah that is a bad storm. But here in Australia we get storms like this all the time. Not on a daily or weekly basis but even in Sydney probably once or twice a year. And yes they worry the hell out of us. You never get used to them. Over here they call them super cells.

Welcome to our world
edit on 28-6-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I was caught out in the storm in Newcastle. Took me 2 hours to get home that normally takes 20 minutes. Here is a photo taken from a plane

edit on 28-6-2012 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ladylove

Lol I'll think we'll be okay unless some bright spark decides to introduce some new species ala the grey squirrel.

Always makes me laugh when humans try to meddle with nature, it rarely turns out well.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I remember learning about the flash floods of Australia in school, one of the few things from school that stuck in my mind for some reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos
I was caught out in the storm in Newcastle. Took me 2 hours to get home that normally takes 20 minutes. Here is a photo taken from a plane

a
WOW
Amazing photo

its like something out of mario or the sterio-type bad day cloud

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
here in manchester i'm used to bad weather, but this summer is exceptionally poor so far. dark gloomy skies is the norm lately. although today has been very warm, though still dark and cloudy.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Wow...what a shot! It is amazing how centered this storm is. It's so incredibly aware of itself. It looks as if the storm formed under the town and spewed upwards into the sky.It's amazing how all around that cloud is gorgeous, bright sunny weather. It is just so incredible contrast. That is just absolutely an incredible shot my friend.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
here in manchester i'm used to bad weather, but this summer is exceptionally poor so far. dark gloomy skies is the norm lately. although today has been very warm, though still dark and cloudy.

yeah your right about the dark and gloomy i remember good summmers
but the last couple of years there has been a definate change the humidity has been rediculouse here in Devon today

edit on 28-6-2012 by Hess88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Wow that is an amazing picture. The weather up north looks terrible. Down here in Benfleet, Essex its been horribly humid, which is fairly unusual i guess.

If i'm honest i cant wait to go on holiday to turkey in a couple of weeks, the weather in this country drives me nuts

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I love living in the South East, was at the beach today, great weather!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join