It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is going on in England???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Here we go found it

sleaford tornado

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Yeah, here in Nottingham at around 11.30 it went VERY dark, like a mid winter afternoon. Thunder and lightening and rain like I had never seen before, it was intense.

I got this in Lincolnshire a couple of hours later, likely the same clouds.
I went into a supermarket on a warm, slightly overcast, day; by the time I reached the checkout, there were a couple of loud bangs which set off the fire alarms, and the skies emptied.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ladylove

Bloody hell, look at the force of the hail as it hits the ground, surprised no one has been injured by one

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

Tell me about it, Luckily i was watching them out of my sons bedroom, Watching them bounce of the trampoline with such force they were almost bouncing over the fence into next door's garden....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
No vids or pics, but it was bad in Hull today too, thunder bolts and lightening, very, very frightening.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
and all we got around here in newcastle-under-lyme was dark skies and so dark i almost put the lights on and perhaps a few distant rumbles about 9-10am then just after 12 it had a 5 min session of bucketing it down hard and now blue skies

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Yes Europe have had this sort of thing as well as all of the UK for weeks now, most people understand that it is the 21/12/2012 thing that we are seeing the start of, we have had no summer here in UK as yet, it has been mostly dark all the time, we have had 7 sunny warm days since April in my county, and most of the UK have seen floods like never before.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I was hoping that it would clear the air a bit as it has been so so muggy and hot here, But if anything its got more muggy and even hotter

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
...we have had 7 sunny warm days since April in my county, and most of the UK have seen floods like never before.

Do you write for the Daily Express

Seriously, whatever it may have been like in your back garden, it's not been too bad everywhere and here at least it's been much drier than 2007. Parts of Britain have so far had their driest June on record!

I agree sunshine levels are lower than average though. But I've had 7 sunny warm days in, er, the last 7 days ....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Necro69uk
I agree. The weather here in the UK has been baffling since the last couple of years. The winters are milder, the summers are wetter. One day full blown 24 degree heat, the next day 6 degrees and rain.
Muggy heat, low cloud, sporadic showers followed by clear skies and cool breeze.

Since Christmas it has got worse, there is definately something wrong with the weather system here, we had a hosepipe ban recently, then the heavens opened and now we have flash floods breaking out everywhere.

Back in the late 80's I remember when during January through to March you froze your backside off, then April to May it was windy and wet, then June to end of August beginning of September it was warm. October to December cold and windy.

Nothing like the weather today, it's like all the Seasons in one week!!!

Nuts.

Winters milder?? You seem to forget the winters of last few years where elderly even had to resort to burning books to keep themselves warm. Meanwhile here in middle of Norway we had snow in June and temperature is still well below normal: "Last 30 days: Average temperature was 10.1 °C, 1.7 °C below the normal."
And the reason for the unstable weather across Europe over last few years is due to jet streams changing, which is due to the low solar activity we have had.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... map of storms in the Uk today.

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's really bad here on Teesside( Stockton-on-Tees ), flooding is everywhere and cars stuck in water.
Looks like someone from Teesside already put a report up.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage
thunder bolts and lightening, very, very frightening.

me...galileo, galileo, galileo figaroo, magnificooooo, i'm just a poor boy....

I'm sorry, had to be done. I dunno if you actually meant that or not, I hope you didn't as it will make it all the more funnier!

Calmed down now in Cumbria, we didn't get the thunder the MET office promised.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
lovely day in Manchester today, got some washing done and dried it on the line! washing lines in Manchester are usually just ornamental...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Originally posted by BrianDamage
thunder bolts and lightening, very, very frightening.

me...galileo, galileo, galileo figaroo, magnificooooo, i'm just a poor boy....

I'm sorry, had to be done. I dunno if you actually meant that or not, I hope you didn't as it will make it all the more funnier!

Calmed down now in Cumbria, we didn't get the thunder the MET office promised.

Sorry mate, my whole post was a really cheap shot at getting the one liner in.
I'm glad someone got it though, else I would have just looked like a weirdo.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi from NorthEast England.

I can confirm its bad here too, as to sky noise all i could hear was thunder and i saw plenty of lightening.
The rain was really bad but has stopped and pitch black clouds seem to have passed ... for now.

my cousin lives in the newcastle are and they are evacuating her street as the water coming into the houses.

my brother is not far away and has been at a standstill in traffic for 4 hours, due to flooding.
he's also onto his second van, as the first 1's engine is now full of water.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeyTookErJeobs
reply to post by jrmcleod

Cheers, I thought it might of been thunder, just never heard it like that and for that long. Does this warm weather from Spain also compensate for the size of the hail? You have to admit the weather in England it getting really weird, one day it pisses it down, the next its 20 degrees! I mean its really hot and humid now after today and im sweating loads, crazy!
edit on 28/6/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

Yes and yes! The large hail is caused because of the instability, you see, the moist air is forced upwards and as it climbs it cools and falls again. This motion of condensation forms clouds that grow to huge sizes, streching across the top of the atmosphere, about 10km high. The up and down drafts within them can be extreme, the friction of the hail inside the cloud builds the electrical charge then the lightning strikes. This process can be very frequent in larger supercell storms and can produce golf ball sized hail, although uncommon, not totally unheard of.

Yes i agree the weather is unusual but IMO it is unusual globally, and the is only one thing strong enough to impact global weather and that is the SUN.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yeah, it was pretty bad here in Newcastle, there was loads of flooding, and the Thunder was just weird to begin. It was a loud boom every few seconds, sounded like a giant stomping. *BOOM* 3 second pause *BOOM* and it went on for ages, and there was hailstone too. Someone even uploaded a video onto facebook of the floor moving like it was floating on water, similar to those fukishima videos. The metro flooded and some roof cave in. I've never known a storm like this.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This always makes me laugh, yes it was a nice thunder storm, but I ended up going to sleep for a couple hours lol... Really we have had storms just like this before! We have had torrential rain before and big hailstones. It is nothing THAT unusual. I love a good old thunder storm, it clears the air and they are great fun to watch.

Don't worry it doesn't mean the world is going to end! lol

I'm in brum and after the storm when I woke up we have a really nice day here, I thinking that you must be quite young?

I briefly read another comment of someone saying they are in staffs and it wasn't that bad there, they said that was really strange. Why? lmao! Shock horror, the weather was different in 2 different places
ha ha...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

When you say the sun, do you mean something is effecting it like this charged cloud in space were meant to be entering? Or just increasing temperatures due to global warming?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join