It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is going on in England???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Back on topic, there is a massive Thundery cloud above me hear in North Wales, looks like it's heading toward the Wirral, it's really muggy here like there is going to be storm, and the Sun occasionally pops out, pretty normal really :-)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's absolutely boiling now, 25 degrees, sun is blasting sitting in my chair that's already dry having a fag, weather's gone mad!
edit on 28/6/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
billinghamweather.com... This is a good link for today, I havnt seen so much lightning for many a year on the map. This year is an odd one for sure, In billingham were I live we seem to have missed the worst up to now today
Hope everyone stays safe out there

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am from Lincolnshire, Absolute crazy storm, Never seen anything like it, The school grounds are flooded with the water coming just over our ankles, And i have never seen big balls of ice come down with the rain like that, I love storms but i must admit this one scared me abit

My son said that lightening hit there playground....... And the whole of his class were in tears scared.

Crazy stuff, Wish i took some pics with my camera now...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Two inch sized hailstones according to the news, and pics:

www.itv.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Get out of London while you can

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This isn't what this guy had in mind when he was told he'd been selected to do a mile with the Olympic Torch. A truly memorable once in a lifetime event...

BBC News (Video)

... Only in England

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

It was thunder, the constant rumbling sound was the multiple strikes of lightning in succession at a distance from you...trust me.

If you have ever visited the tropics i.e. Horn of Africa you'd understand. As for the heavy rain and large hail, there were warning out early this morning.

The severe storms are currently tracking NE, they were formed because of a warm Spanish plume tracking NE across the UK which is hitting colder air. This creates high Cape values and instability in the air masses. This is actually normal, whether you believe it or not...just slightly uncommon!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Wow there massive, I'll put them up.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Cheers, I thought it might of been thunder, just never heard it like that and for that long. Does this warm weather from Spain also compensate for the size of the hail? You have to admit the weather in England it getting really weird, one day it pisses it down, the next its 20 degrees! I mean its really hot and humid now after today and im sweating loads, crazy!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

I'll bet there's been a few greenhouses smashed, and cars dented with hailstones that size

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

I generally thought my velux window was going to come through, i had to do a marathon around the house and close every window because everything was drenched!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Birmingham went very dark this morning and then rained like I have never seen before, together with lightning and thunder. Alpha tower concourse was completely flooded within minutes. Very odd weather. Nice and sunny again now.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It's called JUNE, and Wimbledon has started.

Of course it's raining.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Here in British Columbia, in the Okanagan Valley, we're at about 240% of normal rainfall for June. Other parts of the Province are much higher.

Massive flooding all over the center of the Province, more rainfall expected starting this afternoon.

Glad to be living on the fourth floor.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Someone caught a video of a tornado near here i live in lincolnshire, They have posted it on facebook but i have no idea how to get it from their facebook on to my computer so i can share? And ideas?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Couple of reports of tornadoes as well as confirmed 3.5" hailstones and some of the best lightning in years. Even more spectacular than forecast
Shame that, as always, it largely missed us in Evesham though we did get some grumbles of thunder and a brief torrential downpour.

A while since we've had such good thunderstorm development from a Spanish plume situation over England! Looks likely that the cell that spawned the tornadoes and largest hail was a supercell (which aren't very common in Britain) but not yet seen confirmation of this.

Currently warm, humid and sunny.

All back to 'normal' tomorrow though ....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have been viewing ATS for a while and decided to make an account because of this thread.
Devon Wednesday 27 June.
I was walking home between 3 and 4 pm it was lovley not a cloud in the sky.
7pm went to the pub boy had the sky changed, it was like very dark low cloud and almost misty, but not ground mist just hanging around under the clouds, Still nice and warm I walked to the pub in a Tshirt.
About 9pm left the pub and it was near on pitch black but still nice and warm, with a bit of a breeze if I remember right. Went home, watched a bit of tv, and went to bed.

Now here is the funny bit, my missus says I could sleep through world war three when I have had a drink. (I dont drink very often) When we got up this morning she asked me if I heard her get up with the kids in the night. No I said, she started to tell me how my children where woken up by the rain at around 3 am, I then remembered what I honestley thought was a dream.
The rain did wake me up and boy was it hard the noise was horrendus so surreal I must have just dismissed it as being a dream.
it is glorious again now but the clouds are moving so fast it wouldnt supprised if we get some more super strange weather.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Hess88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
Couple of reports of tornadoes as well as confirmed 3.5" hailstones and some of the best lightning in years. Even more spectacular than forecast
Shame that, as always, it largely missed us in Evesham though we did get some grumbles of thunder and a brief torrential downpour.

A while since we've had such good thunderstorm development from a Spanish plume situation over England! Looks likely that the cell that spawned the tornadoes and largest hail was a supercell (which aren't very common in Britain) but not yet seen confirmation of this.

Currently warm, humid and sunny.

All back to 'normal' tomorrow though ....

Wow, 3.5 inches, that's huge.. the largest ones down here weighed in a scary 5 ounces (141 grams) and honestly I can't imagine what it must be like being stuck in middle of something raining down 3.5 inch hail.. I suspect I would be terrified.
edit on 28/6/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join